Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion > Pistol and Revolver Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 11-27-2008, 09:46 PM
In a pile of brass

Thanked 1,521 Times in 819 Posts
Default Tec 9?

Advertise Here

does anyone have one of these? how do they shoot? a friend showed me his and it looked pretty trippy. dont know how he got it, he is only 17 but its pretty cool. and why is it the poster gun for almost every anti gun movement
Old 11-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Simple Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenxkillz View Post
does anyone have one of these? how do they shoot? a friend showed me his and it looked pretty trippy. dont know how he got it, he is only 17 but its pretty cool. and why is it the poster gun for almost every anti gun movement
Its considered a pistol and there fore illegal for you to own.
At your age you should not be concerned with firearms, but instead working on aquiring as many useful skills as possible in life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaRue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2008, 11:16 PM
"Dolt"

Thanked 3,198 Times in 1,204 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1

Thug toys ...
The Following User Says Thank You to DocYoung For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Hiker

Sounds like his friend got it illegaly, that's for sure. I didn't see anything other than his attitude (and his choice in friends) that said he was 17 himself. Most tech 9's that I've heard of were not from the gun shop, you need to distance your self from this "friend" of yours unless you like risking jail time.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocYoung View Post
Thug toys ...
I agree and they are ugly as hi-pionts in my opinion.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:54 PM
In a pile of brass

it looked kinda cool. so i was just wondering. na, he is a good kid, wouldnt hurt a fly. he is a imancipated minor so you never know wiht him. but how is it a thug toy?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Hiker

It's a thug toy because when you find one it tends to have a filed down firing pin. It's not the kind of gun you will be using at the range or carrying for self defence.

From its submachine gun heritage, the original TEC-9, model KG-9, featured an open bolt design. This made it easy for the weapon to be converted to fully automatic fire, which, combined with its high magazine capacity and low cost, made it a popular weapon with criminals, especially street gang members. This led to the weapon acquiring a highly negative reputation with the general public, who began to associate it with violent crime.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) responded in 1982 by forcing Interdynamic by then known as Intratec to convert the design to a closed-bolt action that would be harder to make fully automatic. The closed-bolt model was designated the KG-99 and was marketed at first as the TEC-9 and later as the TEC-DC9. The fearsome reputation of the TEC-9 kept its popularity high among criminals even though few if any were able to convert the TEC-DC9 to full auto.

The TEC-DC9 variant was among the weapons used by Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold in the 1999 Columbine High School Massacre. [2] Two years after Columbine, in 2001, Intratec went out of business and the AB-10 model production ceased.

found this for your answer.

Last edited by Maverick88; 11-28-2008 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: spacing
The Following User Says Thank You to Maverick88 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Recent Blog:
Survivor

Thanked 5,641 Times in 2,174 Posts

I'm sure it's his dads etc...

Lets not get hasty here... I had a 1911, .357, AK, AR etc when Iwas 15/16... My dad bought them, nothign illegal there...

The Tec 9 is Utter crap, besides that... it's not a very concealable pistol.

May all my enemies be armed with Tec 9's...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
I'm sure it's his dads etc...

Lets not get hasty here... I had a 1911, .357, AK, AR etc when Iwas 15/16... My dad bought them, nothign illegal there...

The Tec 9 is Utter crap, besides that... it's not a very concealable pistol.

May all my enemies be armed with Tec 9's...
Your right it could be his dad's. Tec 9's are crap, but may all my enimies be armed with bb guns.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:21 AM
In a pile of brass

yeah but the cool factor and the good look factor make up for it all just as something to have?!?!?!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Simple Man

Quote:
yeah but the cool factor and the good look factor make up for it all just as something to have?!?!?!
NO! If it doesn't function 100% reliably, then its a wait of money...PERIOD! We're talking about a firearm...a tool. Not a painting or sculpture....looks have nothing to do with anything. The fact that you think you should buy a firearm only on the looks and the "cool factor" proves to me you have no buisness owning a firearm. Firearms are tools for a specific purpose....not a toy.

Again, you are to young to own this firearm, also, by the username, title and signiture you use on this forum, you are not mature enough to own a firearm.

Focus on learning skills, they will be much, much more useful in life.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LaRue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2008, 12:35 AM
Recent Blog:
Survivor

Thanked 5,641 Times in 2,174 Posts

Quote:

I wouldn't use one as a Doorstop.

You want cool:

AK47

AR15

Glock

M1

M14

870 ('Police type')

etc...

Start with a 22.

The Ruger 10/22 has aftermarket 'Banana clips' and you can tinker with different stocks if you want cool. (And it's cheap)
Old 11-28-2008, 12:41 AM
In a pile of brass

ehhhh... i wish we still had the people from 2 years ago when i joined who know im not a stupid little kid... ok to start with, we go shooting ALOT... the most common gift for birthdays or christmas in my family are guns. im not stupid with them at all. my family has bought for me, a ruger 10/22, olympic arms ar15, winchester SX3, remington 1903a3 carbine sporter.... and my uncle passed me his 1911 from vietnam.... im not stupid when it comes to guns... and my signature has nothing to do with anything, its just rap... ask KEV, im not dumb
Old 11-28-2008, 12:41 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post
NO! If it doesn't function 100% reliably, then its a wait of money...PERIOD! We're talking about a firearm...a tool. Not a painting or sculpture....looks have nothing to do with anything. The fact that you think you should buy a firearm only on the looks and the "cool factor" proves to me you have no buisness owning a firearm. Firearms are tools for a specific purpose....not a toy.

Again, you are to young to own this firearm, also, by the username, title and signiture you use on this forum, you are not mature enough to own a firearm.

Dang your right, I just checked his profile and he's only 14. He has no business owning a pistol. If his dad wants to take him to the range and learn him how to shoot that's one thing, but he is not old enough to have in his posetion a tool that is designed to kill things.

Sorry buddy, but I can not give you any advice on firearms other than what Larule has just said.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:44 AM
In a pile of brass

huhhhh... what ever happened to parents or family buying their kids guns!?!? oh wait that still happens lol
Old 11-28-2008, 12:45 AM
Simple Man

Nobody said you are dumb, I don't believe you are. I do believe you are not mature enough to handle the responsibility of gun ownership. I also believe you are focusing to much on guns. Again, learn all kinds of skills. You will get much farther in life with a wide range of learned skills and a good education.

Last edited by LaRue; 11-28-2008 at 10:36 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LaRue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Deo VIndice

Thanked 4,056 Times in 2,353 Posts

there is also a tec-22 that shoots 22lr. Saw one a while back. If THAT was full auto, it would be fun to shoot. They take ruger 10/22 large cap mags.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:47 AM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRue View Post

Dang, you are absolutely right. I just checked out his profile and he's only 14. He has absolutely no bussiness being around firearms with out adult supervition. Guns are not toys to be played with, they were designed to kill things and break stuff just like the military. Not something for minors to be mettling with period end of descution.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:50 AM
In a pile of brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick88 View Post
Dang, you are absolutely right. I just checked out his profile and he's only 14. .

nah thats wrong.... i just turned 16 on october 22
Old 11-28-2008, 12:59 AM
Hiker

Quote:
it looked kinda cool. so i was just wondering. na, he is a good kid, wouldnt hurt a fly. he is a imancipated minor so you never know wiht him. but how is it a thug toy?
just because some one comes across as the "wouldn't hurt a fly" type doesn't make it true. If he is an imancipated minor then he doesn't live with his parents and there fore my first thought was probably right, he got it illegaly. How much do you know about this "friend" of yours. I would be very cautious about him because if he has conections to people who sell illegal firearms then it may be modified as i earlier suggested. On top of that people who sell illegal firearms ussally sell other illegal things and a good percentage of them are the thugs that we were talking about who own such guns.

You need better friends, you are putting your self in alot of risk here. Turn on your brain and do it quick, life ain't no game!

Last edited by Maverick88; 11-28-2008 at 01:08 AM..