Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 12-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Dumpster Diver

Thanked 4,074 Times in 1,542 Posts
Default EverStryke match /Survival life --anyone heard of them ?

Advertise Here

I just rec'd an email with this opening line, I did not copy the whole thing,, but this disturbs me greatly,,, having been a victim of an $11000 Identity theft 6 months ago, and thinking it was all resolved

and I absolutely did not order this item

the email began

" Congratulations on completing your order for your free Everstryke Match.

Please note that your credit card statement will show a shipping and handling payment to "Absolute Rights" and NOT Survival Life. Absolute Rights is simply the parent company of Survival Life.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ

Thanked 9,610 Times in 3,819 Posts

It looks like they are giving them away for just the $2.95 shipping costs.

https://secure.survivallife.com/land...SourceId=13703
Old 12-23-2013, 02:46 AM
Dumpster Diver

FIne, thanks,

ah, Pretty cool !!!,, (r Hot)

it is sort of a Ronson lighter , nice idea..

but I did not order it and I have no idea how they got my credit card number,, after the ID theft I got all new cards,, and I do not give out the number,
Old 12-23-2013, 04:30 AM
inventor of Sneezeborne

Thanked 7,827 Times in 2,628 Posts

Did you shop at Target during the time they lost 40 million credit card transactions to a hacker?
Old 12-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Dumpster Diver

no, never shopped there at all

it was not a credit card theft

guy opened an account in my name somehow, stuck a couple thousand $$ in it,, gained the banks trust thereby,, and then told them I (he) was moving to another state ,, so they sent all my statements thjere,, he asked them for another debit card and the idiots (Wells Fargo) happily sent him one,, then he had them merge all my accounts togeter with the one he opendd

And W/F reported my supposed change of address to the credit bureaus,, so he got my reports too and attacked my other 3 banks, all New York Banks ,, but they were smarter than Wells Fargo and stopped him in his tracks,,,
guys still out there scammin people,, I been busy with my life,, but I know who he is, who his Mama is, where they live, and his phone number,, I even know where he parks his car,,

old age and treachery will beat youth and energy every time LOL

I got all my money back...but someday I might just fire up the bike and cruise down there and get some satisfaction for the aggravation,,
Old 12-23-2013, 09:50 AM
inventor of Sneezeborne

Thanked 7,827 Times in 2,628 Posts

I have been hit with credit card fraud twice. One was a guy in Japan somewhere. He bought an $11000 vehicle at Mitsubishi and a high end wrist watch.

The other one was someone in Connecticut. They bought basically a kitchen remodel on my card. (also bought a bunch of Dunkin Donuts somehow. )

In both cases the credit card company made good on it. These criminals need to be killed in a public square in a loud and grotesque manner.