Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Books, Movies & Stories
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 12-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Prepared

Default Hillbilly Blood

Advertise Here

I did look to see if there was another thread on this, but I couldn't find one.

I'm stuck in a hotel room tonight for work, and I turned on cable. 500 channels and there's nothing good in. Then I found the 'Destination America' channel and the show "Hillbilly Blood". It reminds me of my crazy cousins, but with a southern accent. I kinda like the show. Anyone else see this show and what do they think of it.

P.S. I writing this whole thing on my Kindle Paperwhite, so all mistakes are mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to fen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2013, 08:07 PM
angel waiting

Thanked 5,593 Times in 2,079 Posts

We just got done watching three episodes tonight. While it was a little hillbillyish it had some great information on it. I especially liked the wood gasifier build and the refrigerator smoker . My favorite part though was the old guy with the pet squirrel who said he would hunt the guys down if they didn't bring him back the smoked fish and "shoot them in the balls" I laughed so hard I chocked on my coffee.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadbitangelny For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2013, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

i watched all last season and enjoyed their thrifty ways. their homesteads and those around them are very self reliant. they seem to make do with what skills they learned from living in the mountains. bartering with neighbors as they do is very resourceful for both parties. ain't nuttin' wrong with that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tshirtgi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,619 Times in 739 Posts

Those guys are pretty smart and do some cool things. I saw them fashion a generator out of an old hot water heater one night. I'm surprised it isn't more popular.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KY Gentleman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,689 Times in 2,244 Posts

http://www.woodpilereport.com/ good read on appalachia
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stant For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2013, 10:31 PM
We 5 Will Survive

Thanked 14,501 Times in 5,618 Posts

There are several threads on it and I started 1 last season and I had a lot of people bashing it.
I have a group for those of us who like to prospect or mine for gold. Whether it be the person who just prospects with a pan, uses a metal detector or the person who has a giant trommel. Everyone's Welcome!
www.survivalistboards.com/group.php?groupid=370
The Following User Says Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Do you smell that?

Thanked 48,332 Times in 3,179 Posts

I know Spencer, he's a really good guy, runs a kid camp during the summer. It's all about outdoors stuff. I like the show, hokey at times but cool.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angeryamerican For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by txplowgirl View Post
There are several threads on it and I started 1 last season and I had a lot of people bashing it.
I wish I knew how to use the search engine right. I don't have a TV so I only catch what's on the few times I stay in a hotel for work or pet sit for someone who has one. I'd never heard of the show before.

I thought it had it's staged moments...like the dead fish they were pulling out of the creek on home made hooks. Those fish had already been caught and that was staged. Still I thought for once here was a show that had some information that could be useful, instead of the multitude of survival shows I've watched when out that they get themselves into more trouble than they get themselves out of.

I only saw three eps of it though so I have a limited view of it. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,093 Times in 449 Posts

I also don't have any TV service any more but I did enjoy this show before I got rid of the service.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:07 PM

Default Hillbilly Blood

I've watched the show many times. I don't mean to bash, but it's always good for a laugh. One episode if i remember correctly they were in the woods and by the map they showed no more than 5 miles from the main road. The battery went dead in their truck and it took a day and a half to walk out. This would not have been so bad but they were parked on a hill in a manual pickup. in another episode they spent at least a couple of hours making a boat out of brush and a tarp to cross a creek that they could have taken their shoes and pants off and crossed in under five minutes. Too many made up scenarios to show how creative they are at working out problems and then totally ignoring a much simpler and better solution. It is worth watching just to see how hard they will work to solve an easy problem. Ed