Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion > Pistol and Revolver Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 11-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,226 Times in 1,959 Posts
Default Range report CZ Compact clone, Canik T-100

Advertise Here

I bought this gun used but in NIB condition about 3 weeks back. I took it straight to the range and ran a couple hundred rounds through it and it was flawless. My only gripe was the trigger. The DA pull was heavy, I'm talking pull your sight off target as you strangle the gun heavy. The SA pull was decent but had a little creep and over-travel, not great but not too bad. I liked the gun but just couldn't live with that trigger. This gun is a gift for my son when he heads home on leave for Christmas.

So after some surfing for trigger issues with CZ's and clones, I discovered this is not an uncommon condition, especially with the compacts. I ordered a couple of 13# hammer springs and clipped about a coil and a half off one and installed it. I also changed the mag break from the curved version to the flat so mags would drop free while I was in there.

I needed to head back to the range to be sure my changes were actually improvement and didn't cause light primer strikes or other issues. I figured if I had over-done it by lightening and clipping I could replace the spring again with the other one I ordered and no clipped coils. No need, every primer fired on all three brands of ammo used for the close to 200 rounds I ran through it today.

The trigger is now beautiful both single and double. There is still about 1/8" of creep in the SA but I only notice it when dry firing, while shooting it feels perfect. I can actually get better accuracy out if this little gun than my new FNS-9, Kahr CM9 and Sig P229 I had at the range with me. It was by far the best groups of the day, some into a single ragged hole at 7 yards. That small is more luck than skill, I simply don't shoot that well. But this gun does.

The front blade is tight in the rear notch making accuracy easy but reacquiring your sight picture quickly a little more of a challenge. One thing that didn't go well today was having two FTF's on the last round in the mag. Since the gun ran without a hiccup the first time to the range and it had two issues this time, I'm not sure what the cause is. I'm suspecting a bad spring in one of the mags but I didn't mark them so I don't know for sure if it was the same mag. I'll be monitoring this and marking the mags before I head out to shoot it again. I'll order a couple of mag springs before I do, just in case.

Overall I'm impressed with this low cost pick up and I know my son will like it too. Once I get the hiccup worked out this nail driver is going to be fun to head to the range with. Any gun that provides sub-2" groups for me with my eyes is an impressive shooter. If you ever get one of these, order the 13# CZ factory mainspring and you'll dramatically improve the gun and you'll love the results.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bushmaster1911 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,022 Times in 645 Posts

I like the Canik also. What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?
Old 11-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thess02 View Post
I like the Canik also. What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?
I got it with the CZ factory rosewood grips added by the previous owner and 2 spare mags for $280. total. He said he'd been to the range once with it but it looked unfired in the box. I've since run about 300 rounds total through it. I put in the post above T-100 but the one I have is actually the C-100, same one they have at Academy now. I have the original receipt from the original purchase he made and he paid $349. at Academy for it. It's since dropped to $329. +tax NIB there. If I knew how to post photos on here, I'd put a couple up. I'm not a computer savvy guy.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:15 PM

I have the same gun. I like mine so far. Only about 200 rounds through it but no problems yet
The Following User Says Thank You to Hamner For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2013, 07:05 PM

I bought a C-100 last November for $300 at Academy Sports. I felt like the factory trigger was good in single action, but heavy in double. I really like the way it shoots. It seems to handle all the ammo from steel case to hollow point w/o feeding or extraction problems. I upgraded the sights to Meprolight night sights. I got some hardwood grips. I bought a spring kit from Cajun Gun Works. The kit has replacement for the stock hammer spring, firing pin spring, and firing block plunger spring. They specialize in 1911's and CZ75's. http://cajungunworks.com/canik_-_tristar.html
Here is a picture of mine:
http://www.sccyforum.com/download/fi...=765&mode=view

Last edited by papershoot; 11-09-2013 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: picture did not work
The Following User Says Thank You to papershoot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2013, 02:16 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,321 Posts

There used to be a roller a smith could install into the CZ clones that would help a lot with the DA pull.
The Following User Says Thank You to whirlibird For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2013, 02:43 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,718 Times in 667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlibird View Post
There used to be a roller a smith could install into the CZ clones that would help a lot with the DA pull.
So how many of the parts of CZ are interchangeable / compatible with the CZ clones? I realize this is not a straight forward question and it is going to vary from different CZ clone manufactures but just in general what has your experience been?
Old 11-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfynn View Post
So how many of the parts of CZ are interchangeable / compatible with the CZ clones? I realize this is not a straight forward question and it is going to vary from different CZ clone manufactures but just in general what has your experience been?
All the parts I've ordered for the Tristar C-100 are completely interchangeable. That would be the grips, hammer spring, magazines and mag retaining flat spring so far. I'm yet to find anything not interchangeable with the original CZ compact so far. The crown around the muzzle is different and I suspect that will make the front sight post different but I don't know that for sure. It appears the internals and operation are identical on this one. The main advantage of this little gun is the alloy frame that makes it lighter than the original that is all steel. I actually prefer the clone in that regard.