Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Improvise Adapt Overcome!

Thanked 9,415 Times in 4,201 Posts
Default Who actually is Patriot Nurse?

Advertise Here

Is she a real nurse?

There are a lot of people out there offering survival preparedness advice. Most all of them, we know their real names (Dave Canterbury, Christopher Nyerges,
Dude McLean, Thomas Elpel, Tom Brown etc..)

Then there is patriot nurse. Who is she? what is her past, what is her name, and is she someone who actually can be listened to for real medical prep advise?

My best friend, is an ER nurse with 12 years experience. The bulk of that was at one of the busiest ERs in the country; and saw more traumas during her time there, than Iraq saw at it's peak. So, when she speaks, I listen, because she is in the elite of her field.

Then there is Patriot Nurse? What Kind of nurse is she? How long has she been a nurse? Does she even practice? or just do seminars for the prepper community?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vanishing Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 08:37 PM
shottist. Brit spelling.

Thanked 7,237 Times in 3,736 Posts

Asking for bona fides is always a good idea. There are, perhaps, good reasons for her keeping things private, because the job setting she's in, for instance, may not be one where her discussions here would be greeted with anything positive. Having worked for government outfits, I can remember many cases of bitten tongue.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 08:40 PM
Finally home.

Thanked 2,903 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Nomad View Post
Is she a real nurse?

There are a lot of people out there offering survival preparedness advice. Most all of them, we know their real names (Dave Canterbury, Christopher Nyerges,

Then there is patriot nurse. Who is she? what is her past, what is her name, and is she someone who actually can be listened to for real medical prep advise?

My best friend, is an ER nurse with 12 years experience. Some of that was at one of the busiest ERs in the country; and saw more traumas during her time there, than Iraq saw at it's peak. So, when she speaks, I listen, because she is in the elite of her field.

Then there is Patriot Nurse? What Kind of nurse is she? How long has she been a nurse? Does she even practice? or just do seminars for the prepper community?
While I personally don't know, I am sure the info is out there. Go to her website and email her for her general bio or background. I do know she is very well respected in this community.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Category5 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Threadkiller

Thanked 1,855 Times in 690 Posts

Quote:
Is she a real nurse?

My best friend, is an ER nurse with 12 years experience. Some of that was at one of the busiest ERs in the country; and saw more traumas during her time there, than Iraq saw at it's peak. So, when she speaks, I listen, because she is in the elite of her field.

Whats your point? Who are you?

If you dont like the video dont watch, or better yet have "your" ER nurse watch them and comment. And maybe actually have a reason for your post.
Again, whats your point?

Im coming back and adding to this, Did you see something in her videos you thought was incorrect? The other people you named are in it for the money, this is youtube for info ( yes I know there is money to be made but not the same). I just have a hard time seeing the reason for this post without some reason?

And as far as your friend being an ER nurse ( which by the way is pointless to bring up, duh my brothers a doctor, my sisters a brain surgeon,my dads a rocket scientist) Who would you really rather take recommendations from for antibiotics? An ER nurse or a general practitioner nurse?

Again, is there a part of her videos you have a problem with?
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sigmund For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmund View Post

If you dont like the video dont watch, or better yet have "your" ER nurse watch them and comment. And maybe actually have a reason for your post.
Again, whats your point?
I never said I don't watch, or like them. I watch and like Ann Barnhardt too, but I also looked her up and found she was fined like 500K for defrauding her clients not too long before she shut her brokerage down; claiming it was not ethical to be part of a corrupt system that would eventually harm and defraud said clients.

So umm, who is Patriot Nurse again?

Oh, and my friend has seen her videos...told me to come direct to her for advise, rather than watch jibberish from someone who does not appear to be a nurse at all; or is at best a midwife somewhere.

I mean no malice, just repeating what I was told, and asking some important questions here. If we are all to put our trust in things that people, who set themselves up as experts, and charge good money for seminars say, I think it is only fair we know who that person is, and what their credentials are.

I like being able to Carfax a used car before I buy it. This is no different.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vanishing Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Threadkiller

What is the point of the thread?

Is the whole Ann Barnhardt thing a smokescreen?

Who are you and what are your credentials to refute her? Man youtube and the internet has all kinds of crap on it ( just like this site does ). I just dont see why you would call her out specifically with no reason?

I dont know her but seem to think in at least one of her videos or somewhere she isnt hiding who she is much. I mean I know where she is from by watching .

And I believe she has disclaimers to not believe her as an end all. Hardly setting herself up as an expert. And certainly not charging good money in seminars. Maybe your problem is with Ann Barnhardt and your taking it out on patriot nurse? wtf?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sigmund For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:47 PM
Washington was right....

Thanked 9,859 Times in 3,440 Posts

Quote:
I watch and like Ann Barnhardt too, but I also looked her up and found she was fined like 500K for defrauding her
Actually it was arbitration.. not court.. and the claim was $500k..... the award was $100k...

http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/...ase=09ARB00009
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Bushwacker

Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,064 Posts

Or maybe someone is just asking questions to get a better view of the picture. I don't see a problem with getting a bit more background info, especially if it can be pertinant to the topic at hand.

I agree with one of the above posters. Why not send an email. It dosn't have to be about specifics, or locations. I don't see how it would hurt anyone.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gankom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino View Post
Actually it was arbitration.. not court.. and the claim was $500k..... the award was $100k...

http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/...ase=09ARB00009
I stand corrected.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vanishing Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:

Who are you and what are your credentials to refute her? Man youtube and the internet has all kinds of crap on it ( just like this site does ). I just dont see why you would call her out specifically with no reason?

I dont know her but seem to think in at least one of her videos or somewhere she isnt hiding who she is much. I mean I know where she is from by watching .

And I believe she has disclaimers to not believe her as an end all. Hardly setting herself up as an expert. And certainly not charging good money in seminars. Maybe your problem is with Ann Barnhardt and your taking it out on patriot nurse? wtf?
Shes not?

http://thepatriotnurse.com/
Old 07-14-2013, 09:52 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,146 Times in 338 Posts

Quote:

Whoa. The man just asked a question. Your acting like he called your wife ugly and then grabbed her ass. What's your deal?

You sound like an obsessed stalker. Should patriot nurse be worried?
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now." Colonel Robert J. Coates, USMC
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Muddyrubberduck For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unseenone View Post
Snicker, good stuff..
Yup. Ahhh the follies of youth!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanishing Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,892 Times in 4,181 Posts

Patriot nurse, has said nothing I have any probem with.

Every one has the oppurtunity ot prove or disprove a theory, if there's some thing your uncomfortable with, disprove it to your self, in actual testing.

I have to review her stuff over and over , she's a good teacher I'm just a slow learner.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arleigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddyrubberduck View Post
Whoa. The man just asked a question. Your acting like he called your wife ugly and then grabbed her ass. What's your deal?

You sound like an obsessed stalker. Should patriot nurse be worried?
Unseenone's comment is funnier....guess I just questioned someones "Jesus", didn't I?

Good thing I have not called Nutn Fancy to task!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Patriot nurse, has said nothing I have any probem with.

Every one has the oppurtunity ot prove or disprove a theory, if there's some thing your uncomfortable with, disprove it to your self, in actual testing.

I have to review her stuff over and over , she's a good teacher I'm just a slow learner.
I have not seen anything I have a problem with either..but i don't have the education to know anyway. That is why I want to know some credentials, beyond the unverified claims she has made.

Lots of people worship Ann Barnhardt too...and look what she turned out to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vanishing Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 09:59 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,436 Times in 904 Posts

Quote:
Is she a real nurse?

My best friend, is an ER nurse with 12 years experience. The bulk of that was at one of the busiest ERs in the country; and saw more traumas during her time there, than Iraq saw at it's peak. So, when she speaks, I listen, because she is in the elite of her field.

My wife is a 25+ year ER nurse that started in the L.A. area.

She has watched Pat Rn's vids and said she is spot on. Just saying.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Weathered and Worn

Quote:

Again, whats your point?

Im coming back and adding to this, Did you see something in her videos you thought was incorrect? The other people you named are in it for the money, this is youtube for info ( yes I know there is money to be made but not the same). I just have a hard time seeing the reason for this post without some reason?

And as far as your friend being an ER nurse ( which by the way is pointless to bring up, duh my brothers a doctor, my sisters a brain surgeon,my dads a rocket scientist) Who would you really rather take recommendations from for antibiotics? An ER nurse or a general practitioner nurse?

I agree. To the OP dude it's the internet some people have good advice but don't want their info out there. I'm guessing you can understand that because you still haven't posted your bio.

Any my point is part of being a logical human being is that you take every thing you hear with a grain of salt. You would go stick a price of tape to your genitals just because I told you it would stimulate brain growth now would you?

And there you have it don't believe every thing you hear vet it check it out see if it's good information. Then if the source is good to go you can continue to use them as a source of information. But you can't just demand thing be given to you particularly by some one that isn't benefiting from sharing the information with you.

Missed this for some reason.

Quote:
Interesting, how ever as some one already pointed out if you really want to know more about her why don't you ask her. Though I get the feeling that the OP isn't investing money on this women's classes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TXRazor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRazor View Post
I agree. To the OP dude it's the internet some people have good advice but don't want their info out there. I'm guessing you can understand that because you still haven't posted your bio.

Any my point is part of being a logical human being is that you take every thing you hear with a grain of salt. You would go stick a price of tape to your genitals just because I told you it would stimulate brain growth now would you?

And there you have it don't believe every thing you hear vet it check it out see if it's good information. Then if the source is good to go you can continue to use them as a source of information. But you can't just demand thing be given to you particularly by some one that isn't benefiting from sharing the information with you.
I think if she is going to be charging $289.00 for her seminars, she can put forth some more verifiable credentials than just an internet pseudoname.

I am just curious as to who she is, and why should I be listening to what she says. It's called due diligence.

Remember, Snopes is an internet watchdog that verifies pretty much everything, and is sited by many as a reliable source of info...and it turned out it's just run by a husband and wife out of thier home with no more credibility than you or I.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vanishing Nomad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Threadkiller

Quote:

Good thing I have not called Nutn Fancy to task!!!
My point exactly, if you call someones info they give as false its one thing. Your just generically calling someone out for evidently no reason? If she gave bad info and you know it then it would be different.

And muddyrubberduck if you know something then say it.
The Following User Says Thank You to sigmund For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Weathered and Worn

Yes I'm sorry I just edited my post to reflect that I missed the part where she was charging for her classes.

I get due diligence and all that. But like you said stuff on the internet is often not as it seems such as in the scoops case. So even if she did post of credentials why should you believe them? A better idea would be to get your RN friend to take a look at her info and tell you what's up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TXRazor For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread