Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Political News and Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 06-10-2013, 07:56 AM
Citater fra...

Thanked 12,461 Times in 4,436 Posts
Default How to make a 'liberal' shut up.

Advertise Here

So the whole 2nd Amendment only relates to muzzleloaders argument came up this morning between me and a school teacher.

I told her "if the 2nd amendment only relates to muskets then the first only relates to old english."

her: "but thats not the same!"

"i can't hear ye, lass. Speak proper- thou art an english teacher!"

"you're being childish."

"na na na na naaaaa (hands over ears)."

Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,392 Times in 2,718 Posts

Hmm, strange. She only called you childish? Surprised the "racist" word wasn't muttered. Surely she must be a moderate then
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bearack For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,703 Times in 5,621 Posts

LOL.....

2nd amendment only applying to muskets would be like saying the 1st only applies to quill and ink writing, or religions that existed in 1789, that the 3rd only applies to quartering troops wearing red coats in our homes, that the 4th doesn't apply to modern technology, that the 5th does apply to modern court proceedings, and the list goes on....the "that doesn't apply because of a difference in technology since then" is a fundamentally Constitution-trashing argument, front to back....
Old 06-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,604 Times in 2,808 Posts

A liberal shut up? An entity that doesn't need logic or evidence and has supreme smug self assurance will not be silenced. sorry. next fairy tale.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:42 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 7,499 Times in 3,975 Posts

I simply tell them to mount a sign on their front door "welcome, this is a gun free zone".
Old 06-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,719 Times in 1,687 Posts

That would prevent any legislation regarding the purchase of black powder and lead shot ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawg68 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Trapper

Hell has a better chance of freezing over than getting a liberal to shut up.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gmaster456 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Survivor

Thanked 28,588 Times in 9,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker_Buckmann View Post
So the whole 2nd Amendment only relates to muzzleloaders argument came up this morning between me and a school teacher.

I told her "if the 2nd amendment only relates to muskets then the first only relates to old english."

her: "but thats not the same!"

"i can't hear ye, lass. Speak proper- thou art an english teacher!"

"you're being childish."

"na na na na naaaaa (hands over ears)."

I had a fool try this on me a good while back...All i said to the person was you show me the word "muzzle loader" in the second amendment, and I'll show you the words "AR 15 and the other words like AK, Semi auto matic"....

She got mad and stormed off... the other way is to confuse their little liberal anti gun brain with real numbers and all verifiable
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cowboy56 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Hiker

Does that mean that shall not be infringed means: that she would welcome you bringing a loaded muzzleloader to the school and her class for self defense and that she would guarantee that there would be no violation of law doing so. LOL
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to homelandsecurityham For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 69,665 Times in 18,201 Posts

Hardcore liberals don't know how to shut up. It's not in their nature. I got into an argument with one not too long ago and threw a lot of facts and statistics into the argument and the idiot was still trying to prove how wrong i was?????

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CAWB For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 09:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,376 Times in 1,177 Posts

"see you later my friend, I've got to go meet some people at the firing range"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FoxOne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,066 Posts

I find it easy to make a Liberal shut up but not concede a single point. For instance, a Liberal from Boston, but I repeat myself, tried the interpretation angle of the 2A from a lecture he heard once. My immediate reply was to put my credentials up; that I had read several books. One the subject.

His reply was to look at me and say he did not doubt that I read several books. His body language revealed I met his own criteria for being better educated on the subject. What's more, he folded his arms and looked away, in short, acted very childish, as I explained the historical basis for the 2A and its wording.

He resented that my several books trumped his one lecture but could not concede a single point of his politics.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Bad Moon Rising

Thanked 9,621 Times in 3,010 Posts
Default Arguing with Liberals = Unproductive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea View Post
Hardcore liberals don't know how to shut up. It's not in their nature. I got into an argument with one not too long ago and threw a lot of facts and statistics into the argument and the idiot was still trying to prove how wrong i was?????
I strongly suspect this is because liberal canards are not fact-based.

They're based on "feelings", emotions, and a strong sense of how the world SHOULD be:

Every child should be loved.
Every child is due a good education.
No one should ever go to bed hungry.
The rich should clothe and feed the poor.
We are all equal in the eyes of god.
There should be no war.
There is never an excuse for violence.
No unkind word should be spoken based on race, creed, color, gender, or sexual orientation.
A criminal is a criminal only because they were disadvantaged or were marginalized as a child..., etc.

It's difficult to argue with any of these proposals prima facie, but its more difficult to reconcile reality with this liberal illusion of how the world SHOULD be.

In the liberal paradigm, it is the responsibility of the State to right all wrongs, to 'level the playing field', to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed, to provide for those who cannot provide for themselves, and to create a Utopian socio-political environment in which mankind moves beyond its more base instincts. Liberals do not accept that the real world doesn't work this way.

When reality intrudes upon the illusion, then, it is not the fault of the criminal for misbehavior, but the fault of the State for failing to live up to its responsibilities to provide an environment in which each individual feels nurtured, loved, and cared for, (not to mention educated, fed, housed, clothed, and employed.)

The fundamental differences between 'liberal' and 'conservative' often come down to differing opinions regarding who is responsible for what...
Old 06-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Receding from reality.

Thanked 3,132 Times in 1,132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotius View Post
OK... for you religious folks...this isn't true? I thought that was a major foundation of all monotheistic religions.

Are you saying that because you are a "right winger" and mocking "liberals" that you have a closer relationship with your God? You are more important than others?

Or is this just another perfect shinning example of the right wing holy than thou superiority Christian attitude run amok?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robert_W For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 28,588 Times in 9,526 Posts

what he is saying is that so MANY liberal left leaners (the hardcore ones ) have that mentality.... and they exploit it to use it as a weapon of sorts.....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cowboy56 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,295 Times in 744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy56 View Post
I had a fool try this on me a good while back...All i said to the person was you show me the word "muzzle loader" in the second amendment, and I'll show you the words "AR 15 and the other words like AK, Semi auto matic"....

She got mad and stormed off... the other way is to confuse their little liberal anti gun brain with real numbers and all verifiable
I say the same thing, in addition to saying "Oh, so the first shouldn't apply to anything other than ink/quill and the printing press." Then I tell them they just gave me another reason to buy an AR, AK, etc and I thank you with a big smile!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thePraXis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Bad Moon Rising

Thanked 9,621 Times in 3,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_W View Post
OK... for you religious folks...this isn't true? I thought that was a major foundation of all monotheistic religions.

Are you saying that because you are a "right winger" and mocking "liberals" that you have a closer relationship with your God? You are more important than others?

Or is this just another perfect shinning example of the right wing holy than thou superiority Christian attitude run amok?
Being unwilling to speak for God, I've no idea whether or not God views all mankind equally.

Secretly I think God dishes a little more crap to the Jews than to most others, but I'm not going to say that out loud because I don't think God wants it widely recognized. Oy vey.

My point above, which cowboy56 caught, is that the statement "we're all equal in the eyes of God" often serves as a foundation for a follow-on argument based on its premise: specifically, if we're all equal in the eyes of God, then the State should certainly respect God's wishes in the matter and view all of us equally also. This leads to all sorts of BS such as immigrants needing to be taught elementary school classes in their native language, rather than teaching them English first and then sending them to elementary school classes. Of course now you need textbooks, overheads, posters, and training materials published in 500 different languages rather than one, and a staff that resembles the United Nations, but if we're all equal in the eyes of God, then we all deserve a chance to learn in our native language. Right?

Oh, by the way, your county property taxes are going up and there will be another millage rate vote for schools, because they're running too high on their administrative costs.....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Grotius For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,750 Times in 2,178 Posts

Quote:
They're based on "feelings", emotions, and a strong sense of how the world SHOULD be:

Every child should be loved.
Every child is due a good education.
No one should ever go to bed hungry.
The rich should clothe and feed the poor.
There should be no war.
There is never an excuse for violence.
No unkind word should be spoken based on race, creed, color, gender, or sexual orientation.
A criminal is a criminal only because they were disadvantaged or were marginalized as a child..., etc.

It's difficult to argue with any of these proposals prima facie, but its more difficult to reconcile reality with this liberal illusion of how the world SHOULD be.

In the liberal paradigm, it is the responsibility of the State to right all wrongs, to 'level the playing field', to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed, to provide for those who cannot provide for themselves, and to create a Utopian socio-political environment in which mankind moves beyond its more base instincts. Liberals do not accept that the real world doesn't work this way.

When reality intrudes upon the illusion, then, it is not the fault of the criminal for misbehavior, but the fault of the State for failing to live up to its responsibilities to provide an environment in which each individual feels nurtured, loved, and cared for, (not to mention educated, fed, housed, clothed, and employed.)

The fundamental differences between 'liberal' and 'conservative' often come down to differing opinions regarding who is responsible for what...
this is a most valid description of two opposing lines of thought. There is no complete "evil" on either side. One side based on emotion and the way things should be in a utopian society and the other side based in data, logic and acceptance of the human condition complete with all the flaws inherent to humans. great post
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sky1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Hunter

Quote:
I strongly suspect this is because liberal canards are not fact-based.

Outstanding post! Too bad I cannot thank again.

Quote:
Exactly right. It is as though Liberals are so stuck on their ense of how the world SHOULD be one can NEVER get them to engage in a conversation about the way things actually are. It is as though we never have the needed conversation ... like a victim talking about how she was hurt but cannot move on to who hurt them and how.

Quote:
Again, I do not believe Liberals tend to engage in the conversation to have a difference of opinion. While I might argue it is dawn and the time to strike the enemy is now, Liberals are full of angst that it is such a beautiful sunrise, everyone SHOULD take the time to appreciate it and we SHOULD not have to resort to violence.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1950 View Post
There is no complete "evil" on either side.
Complete? There does not need to be complete evil to recognize that evil is on the side that is open to deprive others of liberty no matter how strong their emotions on the subject are.

Said differently, right and wrong are not a function of emotion, no matter how strong the emotion is. The very purpose of government is to help people protect their rights, not be a tool to deprive people of rights in the name of entitlements, etc. Good intentions are said to be the road to hell for a reason. And that reason is accepting the evil premise that the ends justify the means and denying that a government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take it all away.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post: