Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Political News and Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 05-24-2013, 08:49 PM
I have issues

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,219 Posts
Default Government intimidation.

Advertise Here

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...y-irs-protests

So DHS, dresses up in police uniforms to spy, and intimidates peaceful activists? My first thought on this, why didn't local law enforcement arrest them for impersonating a police officer?
Looks like the government is going to keep pushing until something happens so they can crack down under martial law.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TachMed For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Future bleak

Thanked 1,327 Times in 277 Posts

Troubling indeed, but not surprising. It seems the DHS has itself turned into the major threat within our borders in my opinion. I've noticed this over the last year or so with the purchase of ammunition, armored vehicles and now impersonating police officers in an attempt to steal local law enforcements credibility.

If something isn't done very soon many could find the boot of this new tyrannical regime on the back of their neck. It's time for the DHS to be dissolved. We never needed it in the first place.

This is only my opinion but I believe it's time to put "getting ready" into overdrive. I'm not imagining a civil war or coup or anything of that nature but I do envision a level of turmoil that will effect us all and put us in danger. Just my opinion.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fool's Errand For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 01:15 AM
I have issues

This is like any other government agency that once started and given any kind of power continue to take more power until something is done to stop it. Look at the EPA for one.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TachMed For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 08:20 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 20,397 Times in 5,796 Posts

Quote:
Of course, the Constitution does not grant the U.S. government any power to establish a national police force or anything even remotely resembling one.
Quote:
“One would think they would be just a bit more circumspect and maybe even exercise a modicum of restraint before dispersing KGB, I mean, DHS agents to free speech rallies protected under the Constitution,” Zelikovsky continued in her stinging criticism of the department’s latest activities. “The fact that they did this so blatantly despite the scrutiny they are under is symptomatic of a government on the verge of a constitutional breakdown — a government that doesn't hesitate to bully the little guy while giving the Constitution the proverbial political finger.”
From the article.
This is MOST concerning and things are moving quickly - perhaps too quickly for the pace of Congress to do anything useful. Perhaps the press will grow a pair, and begin to condemn these actions and try to make people aware. Perhaps the dependent zombies will care - or not - as long as their benefits continue (for how long?)

Time to pull into my shell and THINK.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sacajawea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Wilddieb

Thanked 1,741 Times in 921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TachMed View Post
This is like any other government agency that once started and given any kind of power continue to take more power until something is done to stop it. Look at the EPA for one.
You know the deeds of your government? Do you?

You are aware of COINTELPRO? CHAOS? Etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Waldlaeufer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Prepared

They remind me of the paramilitary "Brown Shirts" or SA that developed as our friend Adolph Hitler rose to power. He used them to intimidate those who would have opposed him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GobSpark For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 04:55 PM
Time to hit reset

Thanked 28,236 Times in 11,557 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

FWIW.......the "branch" of DHS that was providing 'security':

http://www.dhs.gov/about-federal-protective-service

Quote:
Mission

The FPS mission is to render federal properties safe and secure for federal employees, officials and visitors in a professional and cost effective manner by deploying a highly trained and multi-disciplined police force. As the federal agency charged with protecting and delivering integrated law enforcement and security services to facilities owned or leased by the General Services Administration (GSA), FPS employs 1,225 federal staff (including 900 law enforcement security officers, criminal investigators, police officers, and support personnel) and 15,000 contract guard staff to secure over 9,000 buildings and safeguard their occupants. FPS provides comprehensive coverage for these facilities nationwide.
The 'tentacles' of the DHS monster;

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/dhs-orgchart.pdf

LIST OF IMPORTANT THREADS FOR FORUM MEMBERS

KEEP THE FORUM GOING STRONG
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OLDWarrior64 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 05:57 PM
I have issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldlaeufer View Post
You know the deeds of your government? Do you?

You are aware of COINTELPRO? CHAOS? Etc.

Your point is what?

Cointelpro was an FBI action against political parties here in the US to discredit and harrass in the 50's 60's and I believe as late as 71.
A bit more indepth than what the DHS is starting now but along the same lines. So your point exactly?

All you are doing here is telling more of the same illegal activities of the government that I am referring to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TachMed For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Remember The Alamo

Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,069 Posts

I can't figure out how the DHS,TSA thugs sleep at night unless the laws don't apply to them. I would not have a job where I could step on citizens rights and get away with it.

If you by into the security scare then support Queen Janet Napalitono
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tenfeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenfeathers View Post
I can't figure out how the DHS,TSA thugs sleep at night unless the laws don't apply to them. I would not have a job where I could step on citizens rights and get away with it.

Everyone has been conditioned to be scared of their own shadow. yesterday at the mall a balloon popped and every one took off running in panic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Catfish11 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Thirteenther

Thanked 38,791 Times in 9,537 Posts

Quote:

Most people could. Just watch ANY cop/government show on CBS and see how the federal agents are always bending (breaking) the rules and violating peoples' rights just in the nick of time to keep us all "safe." This is what most sheeple think the federal government does. They believe NCIS is a didactic narrative. They would have not a moment's hesitation trampling you, especially not for a federal paycheck.

As the lisping metrosexual says on the DHS radio spot, "If you thee thomething, thay thomething."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,228 Times in 585 Posts

As was pointed out, the "fake" DHS police are actually real law enforcement officers. They're authority ends at the property line of the building or section of buildings (if only a portion is leased). They provide security and law enforcement services for various federal buildings. If any of you go to a federal court house the people standing in front making sure you go through the metal detectors and don't bring guns, knives, bombs or thermo-nuclear devices into the court are DHS Federal Protective Services. If you do happen to commit a crime in the building the FPS police will take control of the situation and are supposed to conduct the investigation.

You can guess that many of the DHS FPS law enforcement types actually support the protesters. Just because they had to be there to provide security for the building does not mean they don't agree with the position of the people walking around outside the building. You can also bet some of the DHS FPS guys disagree with the protesters.

Just so you know it doesn't matter what the demonstration is about, the government will always increase security around their facilities if there is a demonstration near them. When I was much younger we held a demonstration to support our troops in Desert Storm. We were outside our local military base. They increased the security just like they did for the anti-nuclear demonstration at the same base.
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 07:46 AM
Stop being on my side!

Thanked 25,648 Times in 7,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Drudge View Post
Most people could. Just watch ANY cop/government show on CBS and see how the federal agents are always bending (breaking) the rules and violating peoples' rights just in the nick of time to keep us all "safe." This is what most sheeple think the federal government does. They believe NCIS is a didactic narrative. They would have not a moment's hesitation trampling you, especially not for a federal paycheck.
Yup. TV and movies have been feeding that message to the masses for a long time. "Sometimes the lawman, in his infinite wisdom, has to break a few laws and ignore a few technicalities [ due process and all that ] to keep us all ~*safe*~!"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old dude For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 08:10 AM
Land of the free my....

Thanked 4,966 Times in 1,523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobSpark View Post
They remind me of the paramilitary "Brown Shirts" or SA that developed as our friend Adolph Hitler rose to power. He used them to intimidate those who would have opposed him.
I don't say this to be full of bravado, come across as John Rambo, etc...... While I don't disagree with what you wrote, I don't think it will be as easy to intimidate this time around. There is a reason ammo won't stay on shelves long right now, and in light of the recent scandals being brought to light, these only serve to strengthen peoples resolve not to be intimidated.
Far too many are sheep, peacefully unaware of what is going on around them, but that number changes daily as more people wake up and see what is taking place. I base this on conversations I hear at work and in our local shops and restaurants.

Quote:
I can't figure out how the DHS,TSA thugs sleep at night unless the laws don't apply to them. I would not have a job where I could step on citizens rights and get away with it. If you by into the security scare then support Queen Janet Napalitono
I highly doubt that they can identify the Constitution. Much less comprehend the words written within the Document. But why should they be able to? We are two busy promoting "heather has two mommies" and proper condom use in our schools. The masses need to remain ignorant.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpus Monkus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,319 Times in 1,001 Posts

What do you call this ?

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...y-irs-protests

And this.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...tories/276018/
The Following User Says Thank You to bearhawk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,564 Times in 1,981 Posts

Why would anyone work for DHS if you don't agree with the policies of the organization? That picture in bearhawk's post of DHS boots-on-the-ground looks like solders-in-training to me. Who is the REAL enemy of this country?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep woods View Post
Why would anyone work for DHS if you don't agree with the policies of the organization? That picture in bearhawk's post of DHS boots-on-the-ground looks like solders-in-training to me. Who is the REAL enemy of this country?
The reason is very simple. Many in the grey media paint the DHS as a very scary and powerful single organization out to destroy America. It doesn't matter when factual information is presented may believe what the grey media is spreading. Two cases in point. DHS sought contract to purchase up to 1.6 billions rounds of ammunition over the next 5 years. Three things that need to be considered before people get their panties in a bunch are: 1) this is not purchasing 1.6 billion rounds right now. It is purchasing UP to 1.6 billion rounds. It could be less than 1.6 billion rounds. 2) This is not right now. It is over the next 5 years. 3) There are somewhere between 90-100k armed personnel in all of DHS, not including the USCG. All of these people qualify quarterly and some are alloted ammo to train monthly. That's a lot of bullets going down range. The second one was when TSA was working with local LE agencies at their truck checkpoints. If you read the more mainstream media (FOX, CBS, NBC, CNN) ALL of them reported that TSA agents were briefing on a new initiative. I even watched a film from one of the news outlets showing the LE types doing the inspection while the TSA types were handing out pamphlets and talking with the drivers. The grey media was reporting that TSA was controlling the inspections.

DHS came about after 9-11. What Bush did was take several agencies already in existence and blend them together, with the exception of TSA. TSA was a newly formed agency. Let me say that again ALL of the sub agencies in DHS, with the exception of TSA came from other agencies. They already existed. Bush also came up with a rather sinister sounding name for his new cabinet department. The common thought of lumping all of the DHS sub-agencies into one huge monster is about as valid as lumping all of the branches of the military into one agency. I served 10 years in the military, but since I wasn't in the Navy I couldn't tell you anything about them. The same goes for DHS. The USCG members don't know what Customs and Border Protection is doing. Nobody, even the managers, know what TSA is doing. The secret service keeps their investigations and operations close to the vest, unless they need assistance. The point is each sub-agency acts on its own, just like the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines.

The reason why people still apply and are working for DHS is contrary to the reports in the grey media Border Patrol still does little more than patrol the border. Field Operations in Customs and Border Protection still does little more than deny or grant access to people and cargo into the US as well as collect duties (taxes) on those imported goods. Secret Service still does little more than protect the dignitaries and investigate financial crimes. FEMA does little more than assist local agencies during a disaster. ICE does little more than investigate immigration and customs criminal enterprises. They also perform high risk work place (and slave trade) raids for illegal aliens and slaves which would explain the high speed gear in the photo. Basically contrary to what is often reported in the grey media the agencies within DHS generally are not doing things they shouldn't be doing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Remember The Alamo

Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by me View Post
The reason is very simple. Many in the grey media paint the DHS as a very scary and powerful single organization out to destroy America. It doesn't matter when factual information is presented may believe what the grey media is spreading. Two cases in point. DHS sought contract to purchase up to 1.6 billions rounds of ammunition over the next 5 years. Three things that need to be considered before people get their panties in a bunch are: 1) this is not purchasing 1.6 billion rounds right now. It is purchasing UP to 1.6 billion rounds. It could be less than 1.6 billion rounds. 2) This is not right now. It is over the next 5 years. 3) There are somewhere between 90-100k armed personnel in all of DHS, not including the USCG. All of these people qualify quarterly and some are alloted ammo to train monthly. That's a lot of bullets going down range. The second one was when TSA was working with local LE agencies at their truck checkpoints. If you read the more mainstream media (FOX, CBS, NBC, CNN) ALL of them reported that TSA agents were briefing on a new initiative. I even watched a film from one of the news outlets showing the LE types doing the inspection while the TSA types were handing out pamphlets and talking with the drivers. The grey media was reporting that TSA was controlling the inspections.

DHS came about after 9-11. What Bush did was take several agencies already in existence and blend them together, with the exception of TSA. TSA was a newly formed agency. Let me say that again ALL of the sub agencies in DHS, with the exception of TSA came from other agencies. They already existed. Bush also came up with a rather sinister sounding name for his new cabinet department. The common thought of lumping all of the DHS sub-agencies into one huge monster is about as valid as lumping all of the branches of the military into one agency. I served 10 years in the military, but since I wasn't in the Navy I couldn't tell you anything about them. The same goes for DHS. The USCG members don't know what Customs and Border Protection is doing. Nobody, even the managers, know what TSA is doing. The secret service keeps their investigations and operations close to the vest, unless they need assistance. The point is each sub-agency acts on its own, just like the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines.

The reason why people still apply and are working for DHS is contrary to the reports in the grey media Border Patrol still does little more than patrol the border. Field Operations in Customs and Border Protection still does little more than deny or grant access to people and cargo into the US as well as collect duties (taxes) on those imported goods. Secret Service still does little more than protect the dignitaries and investigate financial crimes. FEMA does little more than assist local agencies during a disaster. ICE does little more than investigate immigration and customs criminal enterprises. They also perform high risk work place (and slave trade) raids for illegal aliens and slaves which would explain the high speed gear in the photo. Basically contrary to what is often reported in the grey media the agencies within DHS generally are not doing things they shouldn't be doing.

Are you a DHS plant or a supporter of big oppressive government??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tenfeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,564 Times in 1,981 Posts

Quote:
I was about to ask if he worked for them, but your question would be more informational. It was quite the in-depth report though, which took some time.
The Following User Says Thank You to deep woods For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2013, 06:15 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Neither. I do what I want when I want. I do work for a sub-agency of DHS (I vaguely admitted it in my introduction post), however I do not trust, like, or expect to government to do what is right for the people. I am one of the many who work for the government but will not trample the rights of the citizens. There are many of us who work in organizations that people on these forums say are traitorous, but make no mistake we will not willingly allow the government to violate the Constitution and we will not and do not blindly follow orders. I will not lay down my issued firearm when SHTF (why give up a good pistol when I'm going to need as much firepower as possible to keep me and mine safe). Conversely I will not use it against people who are not violating the laws I have been entrusted to enforce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep woods View Post
I was about to ask if he worked for them, but your question would be more informational. It was quite the in-depth report though, which took some time.
Knowledge is power. Incorrect knowledge spread as truth makes you look stupid. Adhering to incorrect knowledge when the truth is presented makes you look like a nut job. I hate looking stupid. You say it must have taken a lot of time to write that post, but in reality I did the research over several months, most of which came as a result of reading things in the grey media and fact checking. I read a lot of news and do a lot of fact checking. I am one of the few who actually read the Obamacare law BEFORE it was passed. In the news you will see far too frequently the people working for DHS complaining and filing lawsuits because managers try to tell them not to do their jobs. These people are literally fighting the boss to work for the people paying their wages. On the south west border it is often times like Viet Nam. The job says do one thing the bosses say do another and the agents/officers are left without support fighting well organized and trained adversaries.

Some of you will discount what I say simply because of my job. That's your right, but think about it. You can trust what the spin doctors say or you can talk to as many people on the ground as possible and try to understand what is actually going on from the workers perspective. There are several of us who work for a sub-agency of DHS if you have doubts as to what we are saying PM us and ask in private. I'm sure the answers you will receive are going to be very similar and not exactly what leadership is feeding the news. The left/right/news outlets all have their agendas and put their spin on things. Often times the media can't help it. They are fed the spin and report it after putting their spin on it. All too often they report it poorly, do not research it, or if they do research it they don't understand what they are reading and paraphrase poorly.

As I have said in most of my posts regarding DHS, right now there really isn't much going on, but don't trust that it won't change in the future and definitely keep preparing for that event.
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post: