Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Ladies Section
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here

Old 05-18-2013, 06:59 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,276 Posts
Default I don't feel good. :(

Advertise Here

Old 05-18-2013, 07:11 PM
Tell the truth, coward.

Thanked 25,988 Times in 10,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailani View Post
I'm not happy. . I've been feeling off all morning and I'm feeling so sore right now and cold. I'm in bed with 4 blankets and I have a 104 degree temperature. I think I got the flu again. This is the second time this year. I wish my mom would come home. I hate being alone when I'm sick. Sorry I'm whining so much but I feel so sick right now. I'm also feeling really depressed too. I don't know why. I just feel helpless and alone. I hate when this happens. I'm going to end up spending the whole day crying. I wish I didn't feel this way so much. I'm trying so hard to be strong but I can't do this all by myself anymore. I'm sick of trying to act happy just to make people not worry about me. I just want to scream and explode and let my emotions out but I don't know how. Ok, I'm done. I'm gonna try and sleep.
1. take the blankets off, take paracetamol and drink 2 pints of water. You have to get your temperature down. A temperature is like running a race. People die of dehydration, heart failure. They die of exhaustion. This is not a joke. My ex husband was 20 mins from death when i found him with a temp of 105 he was delirious. you're basically one degree off no longer being able to take care of yourself.

2. Call the doctor, or your mother, or an ambulance. 104 is your upper limit. You are on your upper temperature limit.

3. Check your body for hot spots, cuts and abrasions.

Does anyone have this girl's cellphone number?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Absolutely! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Tell the truth, coward.

Thanked 25,988 Times in 10,342 Posts

Quote:
I just tried talking a bath and that didnt help. I'm going to get my neighbor to bring me to the hospital. Sorry to worry you. Mahalo.
Good girl. Let us know how you get on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Absolutely! For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 05:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,491 Posts

Please let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

GET WELL SOON!

Catherine
The Following User Says Thank You to Catherine_MT For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 06:47 AM
It is what it is.

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,270 Posts

You breathing girl? We are worried about you.

And no more trying to play the tough girl here and cover things up. Rule is this is where the tough girls go to get to be soft occasionally, ok? If you are sick or down, spill it. Nobody can be Sally Sunshine all the time
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mominator For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 17,592 Times in 5,323 Posts

Hey kiddo! Did you stay in the hospital or go home last night? Are you better or what's goin on? The time difference for us (I'm east coast... waaaay east) is what? 5-6 hours? It would be just after midnight in Hawaii?

I hope you're feeling better -- or sleeping!

That weepy, curled up in a ball feeling, want my mommy - or any mommy, feeling you were talking about... is one way I know that I'm "really" sick - it's a symptom, just like the fever. It's more than I can simply deal with and carry on, till it goes away.

I'll check back here, later to see how you're doin'...
The Following User Says Thank You to Sacajawea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,993 Times in 2,814 Posts

My goodness, I hope you are ok. There is nothing weak about realizing you need help. No matter how tough we are there are times in everyone's life when they need some help to get back to normal ... I'm praying for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to BadgeBunny For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Non semper erit aestas.

Thanked 5,245 Times in 2,166 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Just saw this today. I hope you are feeling better now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosesandtea For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,722 Times in 1,838 Posts

Happy to hear you're better. Go ahead and take a lazy day!
The Following User Says Thank You to ATST For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,827 Times in 3,589 Posts

Whew! So glad you got it diagnosed, treated and are on the mend. Please file this away for future reference. Like Abs said, 104 is the upper limit.

I empathize with how you got to the place you were at. I didn't realize how sick I was when son bundled me into his car and hauled me to the Quick Care doc. Double ear infection, sinus infection, double bronchitis. Lesson learned: do not self-diagnose. (I "just have a little cold." A few days later, "well, I have a bad cold.")

Did the doc or your mom mention anything about boosting your immune system? Pro-biotics, multi-vitamin? Since you're a full-time student and working, stress might be impacting your immune system. Just a thought.

Praying for a quick and full recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to MtnCat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Bitter Clinger

Thanked 1,923 Times in 745 Posts

Quote:
I actually got lectured about that. My mom went and got some Centrum Immune Support multivitamins for me. I guess she was pretty upset with me. She found out how much I weigh and had a fit about it. She has been trying to shovel food down my throat all day because she wants me to gain weight. I don't see what the big deal is but she has been nagging me all day. It's gonna be a long weekend. Mahalo.
Because the smaller you are, the quicker icky stuff can run through your system. Listen to Mom. She sounds wise.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RoadWarrette For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,499 Times in 792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWarrette View Post
Because the smaller you are, the quicker icky stuff can run through your system. Listen to Mom. She sounds wise.
That, and people who weigh less can be more easily injured by things that would not hurt others so much. Something that might bruise a person of average weight could potentially break bones in someone who is underweight.

Lean protein is good for building muscle, whether it is from meat or vegetable sources. Plus it helps to heal faster when you are injured or ill. That might be one reason why chicken soup has always been such a cliche', but most people eat it when they're sick.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emh1701 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 01:55 PM
The Cynical Girl

Thanked 29,764 Times in 7,752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnCat View Post
Whew! So glad you got it diagnosed, treated and are on the mend. Please file this away for future reference. Like Abs said, 104 is the upper limit.

Not necessarily. I can run extremely high temps and not be close to delirious or even seriously ill. I hold records at two hospitals, 106.4 and 106.6. I can still run 104 as an adult with just a common cold (which is great, as I get moved to the head of the line at the walk in clinics )

But then some children have been known to have convulsions with only a 100 degree temp.

No matter how cynical you become, you can never catch up
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NightShadow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 12:52 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,827 Times in 3,589 Posts

Quote:
I actually got lectured about that. My mom went and got some Centrum Immune Support multivitamins for me. I guess she was pretty upset with me. She found out how much I weigh and had a fit about it. She has been trying to shovel food down my throat all day because she wants me to gain weight. I don't see what the big deal is but she has been nagging me all day. It's gonna be a long weekend. Mahalo.
Like emh said: lean meat or vegetable proteins. The good calories. Not banana splits, milk shakes and candy bars. From your posts you lead an active life, are young, and probably have a high metabolism, so you could get away with a pint of your favorite ice cream in one sitting right before bedtime. Just not *every* night.

Moms like healthy children. We're funny that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShadow View Post
Not necessarily. I can run extremely high temps and not be close to delirious or even seriously ill. I hold records at two hospitals, 106.4 and 106.6. I can still run 104 as an adult with just a common cold (which is great, as I get moved to the head of the line at the walk in clinics )

But then some children have been known to have convulsions with only a 100 degree temp.
Great jumping Jehoshaphat! I run 'sub-normal as normal' -- 97.4 is not unusual. At 102 and I'm dragging my butt. Over that and I begin to "ramble" (slipping into delirium).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MtnCat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 01:01 AM

Great jumping Jehoshaphat! I run 'sub-normal as normal' -- 97.4 is not unusual. At 102 and I'm dragging my butt. Over that and I begin to "ramble" (slipping into delirium).[/QUOTE]

I am sub normal as well, 96.8 is norm, 99 and I am running a high temp and draggin butt, anything over 101 and I am completely worthless.

I am glad you went in and got checked. Being underweight can also affect your immune system. Just as much as being overweight. Listen to mom, she will take care of you. Try to take some time to relax, an overabundance of stress is not good for you either, it increases your blood pressure, and can cause heart problems. Take care of yourself hon. And if you need to talk about what is bugging you, I am sure we are here for you. If you would rather talk one on one, then feel free to message me. I understand about being down in the dumps, depressed, or whatever name you want to give it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NikkiC For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 AM
Hiker

At least you seemed rational. When I get a fever that high, I'm crazy as a sack full of squirrels. And it feels so good, I won't cooperate with anyone trying to help me. Get better soon. Ear infections are miserable.
The Following User Says Thank You to innayat For This Useful Post: