Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival gear buy, sell, trade and reviews section > Reviews and questions
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 02-18-2013, 08:36 AM

Default ILBE Recon Sustainment Pouches and ILBE main pack

Advertise Here

Hello everybody!

I am currently thinking of bying a ILBE pack to use as my hiking pack, but before I buy one I would like to get the sustainment pouches as I hear they are hard to get. so... Does anyone know where to get them? :P they need to be the same ones as these in this Video:

If anyone of you guys one to sell me one of your pair of sustainment pouches Ill be happy to buy a pair.

So to the main pack... I currently live in Norway, and as everything else here... backpacks are expensive, Ive tried the Arcteryx Bora and found it very pleasant on my back, the reason i want to buy the ILBE instead of the Bora is that I can get the ILBE pack cheap from Ebay, while the Bora cost 700$. Are the ILBE and Bora exsact the same pack, With the same quality and got the same frame?

Sorry for my bad english

Best regards from Norway!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 AM

I bought mine from ebay. You can get both the main pack an assault pack
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 AM

Yes, thats what Im planning to do, but I cant find the sustainment Pouches anywhere..
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Prepared

THAT is NOT a standard sustainment pouch, unless they just issued a new one within the last year. A sustainment pouch is a rectangular pouch with two row dual molle fateners. It has just a couple D rings on the side for straping items or use with the shoulder strap. It is sized to hold several MREs. I have no clue what that pouch was designed around. Why would a mesh bottom be important while containing MREs?
The Following User Says Thank You to boomerweps For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 PM

Ok, so thats might be the reason why I cant find them on the internet. Does anyone know what the correct name of these pouches is? thank you for all your answers, and again, sorry for my bad english
The Following User Says Thank You to andersha For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 06:26 PM

I think I found it for you, http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-USMC-ISS...item3380084054
Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 AM

Yes I saw that, but i think this is a single pouch, and not a pair..
Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 AM

so the pouch your looking for is called a "recon accessory pouch" and unless your prepared to pay as much as you are for the pack itself then i wouldnt look to far into it. i just got 2 of them and paid $145 for them. i did 4 weeks of research, went through every page of google (web search and photos). looked through every listing on ebay for military equipment, and it still took me 3 more weeks to get one. so before you go killing yourself trying to get one of these, its very hard to find them, and there not cheap. hope this helps you
Old 11-04-2013, 06:17 AM

Default ILBE sustainment pouch

You can use US Army sustainment pouches. Molle compatable with ILBE. If you don't care about pattern too much try US Army sustainment pouches on Ebay IN Amry woodland or DCU tri Desert) . Lots of cheap sustainment pouches that will work. When the US Army switched from Woodland to ACU (ugly) the National Guard units surplused out thousands of sustainment pouches in Woodland and Tri desert (DCU) pattern. I have purchased them on ebay 2 for $12-$20 US.

I was in Norway last month and enjoyed everything in Oslo except a burger and fries at the Hard Rock Cafe for $53 US. I went to several downtown camping stores and your right the price were double compared to the US for gear.
However, what a great city with pleanty of hiking and woods. Can't wait to go back. Thanks for the hospility Norge.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:10 AM

I just got the main pack w/radio pouch and assault pack. I have found only one available pair of recon pouches and they were also about $90. Thoroughly pleased with both the main and assault pack.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:25 AM

Amazon has the pack system with the assault pack and radio pouch on special atm. Seems like a good deal.