Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Ladies Section
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Ladies Section The Girlvivalists Hangout Area.

Advertise Here

Old 01-29-2013, 02:33 PM
variable

Thanked 2,559 Times in 832 Posts
Talking No more squatting in the woods, ladies! (excellent post-op idea as well)

Advertise Here

I bought an orange funnel just like this for 97 cents at Walmart yesterday (automotive section). It's def going in my GHB! And I'll take one to the next event I go to that involves porta potties. Am also putting one in the home medical supplies...I cannot imagine how much better the first few days post-op following gallbladder removal would've been with this thing.

If you try it, you'll see that it's designed perfectly to prevent spills or leaks.

In a SHTF bugging out or getting home situation, think about how much more comfortable using this would be vs squatting. You're also a much less vulnerable target than a woman with her knickers round her ankles!

Last edited by felicia; 01-29-2013 at 03:23 PM..
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to allye For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 PM
variable

LOL....no more squatting, not swatting. I've asked the mods to change the thread title. Come to think of it, less swatting is another benefit.
The Following User Says Thank You to allye For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM

I've looked at other versions of these and thought about getting one when I used to trail ride. But I never understood what i was supposed to do with a pee soaked funnel for the rest of my trip, or how I would carefully get it out of a plastic bag if I needed to use it more than once. So I'm sticking to squatting
The Following User Says Thank You to serpentsdove For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Hiker

Thanked 2,756 Times in 642 Posts

There's a product called go-girl that's similar but has a slant to it. It's also flexible so it conforms to a woman's individual shape. I can personally recommend the product.

As for what you do with it. You can use a wipe or wash it off and put it back in a bag or it's little case. Since they're plastic they don't actually get "pee soaked".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texas Magnolia For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 29,990 Times in 13,204 Posts

I have the she-wee great little device for long car trips and camping.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:22 PM
variable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Magnolia View Post
There's a product called go-girl that's similar but has a slant to it. It's also flexible so it conforms to a woman's individual shape. I can personally recommend the product.

As for what you do with it. You can use a wipe or wash it off and put it back in a bag or it's little case. Since they're plastic they don't actually get "pee soaked".
I looked at those and may get one for public restrooms. I chose the funnel for my GHB because it's longer...can pee with your pants on! Yes, you really can. It's been field tested. I was afraid that I'd wet my clothes with the go-girl. But if it works with your pants on, I'll definitely get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpantsdove
But I never understood what i was supposed to do with a pee soaked funnel
They're made of slick plastic so there are only a few drops to deal with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allye For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 05:30 PM
I love this forum

This is what I have, http://www.sheweeusa.com/shop/ much more compact, and you don't have to remove your pants either with it because of the tube extender.

Yes it costs more, but the case, and that it can be angled much easier than the funnel made it worth it to me. Tiny, fits in my purse (so I can carry it anywhere not just in my GHB) and I never ever have to hover over a public toilet again.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 PM
variable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKraken View Post
This is what I have, http://www.sheweeusa.com/shop/ much more compact, and you don't have to remove your pants either with it because of the tube extender.

Yes it costs more, but the case, and that it can be angled much easier than the funnel made it worth it to me. Tiny, fits in my purse (so I can carry it anywhere not just in my GHB) and I never ever have to hover over a public toilet again.
The she-wee extender option makes the cost worth it. That's going on my wish list for when I have an extra $30. Thx! I'd rather pay that than $10 for the shorter go-girl. Should I throw in a sometimes length matters comment...

I have no trouble angling the funnel, but it's not nearly so compact. But for 97 cents for a beginning prepper, it'll have to do for the GHB for awhile.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allye For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Hiker

I must be talented, I use the go girl with my clothes on. But then again, I never saw the she wee until today when ya'll spoke of it. It looks handy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texas Magnolia For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 PM
It is what it is.

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,270 Posts

OMG you ladies are WONDERFUL! I have Depends in my BOB because I didn't want to pull out of heavy traffic etc if the situation were dire but this is SO much better.

TY

TY

TY
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mominator For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 PM
variable

Review of three products: sheewee, go girl and whiz freedom. Love the title of the review..."Don't Worry, Pee Happy"

http://www.adventuretravelmagazine.c...evices-on-test
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to allye For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Hiker

Oh great. Now that song is stuck in my brain.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texas Magnolia For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Single Prepper Gal

Much better than accidentally ending up in a poison sumac patch in winter.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rvnquest For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Just getting by

I've actually been trying to figure this out for hunting season. A coat, bibs, and several skin tight base layers, not to mention a harness that wraps around your thighs and chest definitely complicates things. Then trying silently stripping in the freezing cold without losing your balance, dropping your firearm, or "marking" your scent all over when you're trying to be stealthy on a small metal grate dangling off the side of a tree... let just say, its a quandry. On top of that, I know its just my luck that I'll be squatting with my little bare butt hanging off the edge of my tree stand just as some male hunter a few hundred yards away trains his spotting scope on me - Murphy's law, you know.

So thank you, ladies! I'm going to look into these. I've literally sat up there in my tree stand and tried to mentally engineer the perfect system. I actually think I might need a nice rubber tube and some kind of containment-system, too.

We need more female hunters inventing gear! Seriously. Men just don't get it sometimes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Neroli For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 AM
Red Dot Patrol

Thanked 8,368 Times in 2,459 Posts

Oh, this is priceless! I have never laughed so hard.... and, I can barely wait for the store to open, so I can buy a funnel and give it a try. If it's too long, I'll just shorten it. I sure do like the carry case of the pricier version, but I'm going to try the store funnel first and see how that works. At any rate, a ziplock bag w/some tissue in it will take care of any drips.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdode For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Tell the truth, coward.

Thanked 26,536 Times in 10,508 Posts

Did you know a girl can pee further backwards than a guy can pee forwards?

Next time you're camping have a competition with the darling man in your life. don't forget you have to bend over to aim, though.

I'm sorry. I remember reading a guy de maupassant story that involved russian peasant women trudging along the road to market, and then pausing by the side of the road to pull their skirts out sideways, stand with their legs apart and just go for it. It's stuck with me for the rest of my life.

I personally have no difficulty squatting. The trick is to pull the jeans down to the knees, and no further. do NOT pull your gear down to your ankles. And squat with your feet apart. The further apart the feet, the more stable you can be and the easier it is to squat. Well - within reason.

I would much rather squat than have this plastic wees covered item in my hand, staring at it, thinking 'yuck, what do I do with this now?' Put it in a plastic bag? yuck!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:53 PM
I love this forum

The Shewee doesn't stay wet. It's got some coating that repels the liquid. A quick dose of water and it's clean.

I tried that jeans to the knees thing, and it just doesn't work for me anymore, my right leg just doesn't cooperate with 1/2 of what I need it to do, let alone squatting to where I won't end up a mess.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Tell the truth, coward.

Oh.
didn't think of that. okay well, cripples exempt then!

unless you just want to bend over and see how far you can send it backwards?

Oh dear, I am spending far too much time in the coolstore with the boys. It's rubbing off on me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Absolutely! For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Tell the truth, coward.

Sorry. It's the lack of sleep. I'm getting terribler and terribler! Everything I read is getting funnier and funnier. but if I leave this site I have to mow the lawn and i really can't take that right now...
The Following User Says Thank You to Absolutely! For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Red Dot Patrol

Thanked 8,368 Times in 2,459 Posts

All of the profile pix I see are so adorable! As soon as I learn to post a profile pic, it will be here!

ABSOLUTELY, you must live where it's warm.... no mowing for me in MO until April.