Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Political News and Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 01-19-2013, 05:38 AM
American fearmaker

Thanked 19,913 Times in 6,770 Posts
Unhappy Heads up, Illinois...

Advertise Here

Just a few days ago newly elected politicians were sworn into the state legislation. The Chicago Democrat political machine has a super-mjaority in both houses. Can you guess how this will effect anti-gun efforts coming at downstate people who are pro-gun?

http://www.ilga.gov/senate/ 40 Democrats vs. 19 Republicans

http://www.ilga.gov/house/ 71 Democrats vs. 47 Republicans

If you want to keep your guns, expect to have to fight to keep them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Herd Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,300 Times in 3,899 Posts

sorry but a DemoCrap in Illinois aren't all the same ... the anti-gun bills are all Chicago DemoCrap .... the downstate DemoCrap won't vote with them ....

Why are you concerned about IL all of a sudden? .... most of your posts only slam the state ....
Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,270 Posts

and with good reason..
im from st.louis.
deaths are starting to happen over here across the river..
Old 01-19-2013, 07:30 AM
American fearmaker

Why are you concerned about IL all of a sudden?

Because Illinois has way too many restrictive laws that I don't like. The overwhelming majority of them came out of Chicago via the Daley Democrat Political Machine. I am tired of fighting the Chicago scum.

most of your posts only slam the state ....

Not the state as much as the corruption that is Chicago. And the problem with fighting corruption from Chicago is that it is all one sided even at the state level. Chicago is cleaning out all the retirement accounts it can. This includes city, county, township and state level retirements in order to perpetuate its life of corruption. Chicago can no longer fend for itself and has got to loot money from other resources, hence, the state.

And don't think for one moment that downstate Democrats won't fold to Chicago wishes. I've seen downstate Democrats fold real fast to Chicago like a card player with a pair of nothing. Look at **** "Turban" Durbin from Peoria. He's a senator who played ball with Chicago and then got their nod to run for U.S. Senator. Because he folded so many times to Chicago wishes he gets their votes and gets elected to represent them in the Congress. So Illinois is fast becoming an extension of Chicago in spite of what many good people don't want to happen.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herd Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 07:45 AM
That's "Ma'am" to you

Thanked 5,696 Times in 1,705 Posts

State Rep Brandon Phelps is a downstate Dem who has sponsored concealed carried bills several times.Gary Forby is a downstate Dem State Senator who has said "These restrictions are unnecessary. They infringe on the Second Amendment."

Not all Illinois Dems are Chicago Dems. Downstate even Democrats tend to like their guns.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,300 Times in 3,899 Posts

the DemoCraps have had the majority for years .... they had the majority on January 4th .... the Chicago DemoCraps took an unofficial vote count on the IL Feinsteiner Bill and closed their table and went home .....it didn't get any better for them with these new people ..... that's why they pushed the anti gun bill at the end of the session ....
Old 01-19-2013, 10:07 AM
American fearmaker

You guys really need to keep a very sharp eye on the Chicago Democrats and the way that they work. When the newly elected Democrats finally get together in Springfield, there will be meeting of them, which violates the Open Meetings Act, and they will be told, flat out told, "You will vote the way we want to vote or your district will get nothing back to it at all. You were a big fish in a small pond. Now you are a small fish in a big pond. Do as we say or you WILL be replaced in the very next election." And those very words were once uttered at a meeting of newly elected Democrats a few years ago. That's how Chicago works: through intimidation and by sledgehammering legislation into effect. Watch how your downstate people vote when push comes to shove. Hopefully the downstate Democrats will break away from the Chicago Democrats and show some guts in their votes but I still wait to see that happen.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herd Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,347 Times in 768 Posts

I hear what you are saying Herd and I can understand - really I do. Often much the same problem with Milwaukee/Madison.

But it might be time to get out of Dodge as it were. I don't see IL changing, in fact I see it getting worse. This is a place (chicago pols and their circles) that operate somewhere outside of reality. However the money is drying up and they still just don't care.

Tell them (chicago and its pols) the cupboard it empty and they still demand a 5 course banquet! You might really have to partition the state in the end or get out while you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to Too much coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2013, 12:54 PM
That's "Ma'am" to you

They already had the majority and don't need a supermajority because Quinn will rubberstamp anything approved by the machine. There will be no vetoes to overcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to yappat For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 AM
That's "Ma'am" to you

I got an answer back from my (Democrat) State Representative. I had sent emails to both him and my State Senator requesting that they not vote for any legislation limiting Second Amendment rights. This is his answer:

Quote:
Pat
I won't! Thanks for contacting me. The 2nd amendment is very important to me.
Appreciate you,
Brandon

Sent from my iPhone
Since he has sponsored several concealed carry bills I believe him. Haven't heard from my (Democrat) State Senator but I also anticipate his answer will be similar.

These are not new legislators, however. They have been representing this area for a while and know what would happen to them if they voted anti-gun.