Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Health, Fitness and First Aid
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 01-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Trapper

Default Apple Cider Vinegar and Bone Spurs

Advertise Here

Has anyone tried this home remedy? I have a bit of a spur on my heel. It's not painful, but noticeable and I'd like it gone. Thought I'd give it a shot, but I wondered if anyone has had success with it dissolving spurs and/or if there are better ways to do it that don't involve a doctor's visit.
The Following User Says Thank You to devron For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 PM

how would that work at all? how would you use it on it? i dont think it would work to dissolve it, ACV would probably only relief inflamation in the area related to the spur.

youd probably have to inject a needle into the flesh and squirt something directly on it to dissolve the bone, but obviously you couldnt do that and it wouldnt work and would be dangerous to attempt anything like that, If it was that easy theyd do that at the doctors instead of surgery.

I had a spur removed off my arm 7 years ago. i wouldnt recommend it, i wish i never got it done caused more problems than i had. but that was on my arm, on the heel id probably do surgery though. Theres nerves in the foot/heel but at least they dont have to control major muscles.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,208 Times in 399 Posts

Do you know the origin of the bone spur? When in the feet or knees, bone spurs typically occur due to rubbing of a bone for a considerable period, or from continued stress of a joint. When the cartilage layer wears away, the bones rub together and new bone material is built in an attempt to stabilize the joint. It's important to see that the bone spur is an outcome of a problem, not the actual issue. Often times, the cause of bone spurs are ill-fitting shoes, poor posture, or other issues which stress the foot. Although the joint damage cannot be reversed, preventive approaches can slow further development of the bone spur.

You may also have plantar fasciitis. In this scenario, the connective tissue which connects to your heel becomes inflamed. If this is the case, you may be able to address the concern by targeting the inflammation instead of the bone spur. Wheat is a major source of inflammation in people with O type blood. It is only one of many possible sources of inflammation, but due the dietary preferences of our society, it is a common culprit.

You are lucky that you are not experiencing any mobility or impairment issues related to the bone spurs. Even so, I'd look to prevention and I'd try to eliminate the source of the spur(s). The surgical options wouldn't come into play unless I'd already addressed the probable lifestyle issues that lead to bone spurs.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Research, Learn, Share

Some people say rubbing it on worked for them. IMO, why not give it a shot? Probably costs no more than a couple of dollars for a bottle.

You can't do yourself any harm, and if it doesn't work, you can make salad dressing and also tone your skin or hair with the leftover vinegar.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:03 PM

Default Apple Cider Vinegar and Bone Spurs

Many 'natural' remedies work - I learned many from my Dad who grew up on a farm, and used a lot of "home remedies" before modern medicine was available.

Apple Cider Vinegar can help to stop the growth of bone spurs, from my understanding. It may or may not actually dissolve them. If you look for homeopathic remedies and/or natural healing, you'll find that there are a few ways to combat bone spurs. I was told some years ago to just soak my heel in vinegar and water. I don't remember that I did it for very long, but my problem went away - probably because I was much younger and healed quicker

Recently, I've had my Dr tell me to use Vinegar, uncooked honey and Molasses in equal parts and drink it for joint problems, including bone spurs. I don't have x-rays or MRI's to prove it, but it's working for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to JayBird55 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 10:17 PM
VA / NC

Thanked 14,029 Times in 5,607 Posts

What amount / volume Jay ?
Old 06-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,676 Times in 4,075 Posts

You learn something new every day ,
cool.
It's best not to get all sientific about it, just do it .
Some folk spend so much energy in disbelief, all they do is complain .
Some have so much invested in their pain thet are not really interested in getting rid of it and all the extra attention they get for having it.
I'm trying it on my bone spurrs on my heals. Nothing to loose .
The Following User Says Thank You to arleigh For This Useful Post: