Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > New Member Introduction > Events, Connections and Get togethers
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 10-08-2008, 07:50 AM
Cover your Six!!

Default Central Florida Survival Group

Advertise Here

Hey all,

I live here in Orlando Florida and have been an "Awakened Citizen" for a few years now, and have been aware of the Gov't dark motives since 9-11. My Family I have been preparing for the dark times ahead. Unfortunately Central Florida is not the best place to be when the SHTF. I have met a very few, with sincere, like-minded folks who are also preparing. So far I have been trying to secure my home front by stocking up, beefing up security, and reducing our monthly bills. My family and I are ready to bug-out and get off the grid, if the situation calls for it. I have a rally point for friends and family to gather, and from there I plan to dissappear and hold up in Florida, or even head out of state. I would like to meet up with good, Christian based folks and families to either compare notes, share experiences, and ultimately form a group. I am an Electrical Contractor with Solar Electrical experience, have carpenter and handy man skills, loads of tools, Firearms knowledge and a good shot, good organizer, some camping and hunting skills, some survival skills, and always willing to learn more. Please respond on this thread or PM me if anybody else here, lives in Central Florida.

God Bless Everybody!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Florida Patriot For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 AM

Hello, swamp gunner here from New Port Richey. I paddle my canoe up and down many central Florida rivers and lakes. Love to camp and explore. Other hobbies include prepping for hurricanes and night vision shooting practice. I play hard and pray harder.
Swamp gunner over and out.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Hiker

Hey swamp gunner,
I just east of you Can't stand the big city!

Tbull
Old 10-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Cover your Six!!

Now that the weather is getting cooler here in Central Florida, I was just wondering if anybody is up to doing a Camp and Greet for Central Florida. I have a location in mind but I am open to any suggestions that will be centrally located. It does not have to be a hardcore survivalist training, but just a good camping gear shake down, maybe some fishing, target shooting, and whatever we can come up with. I would like to learn more about every aspect of the world of self-reliance, and survivalism, as well as forraging, hunting, and fishing. So folks with plenty of these skills are urgently requested to join us! Without question, there will be plenty of deep campfire conversations and sharing. I am thinking maybe November, 15 - 17 (Friday afternoon to Sunday noon) I think that this maybe the last chance to try to get some folks together because there is little time left. Chime in or PM me if you are interested!

Thanks! FP

Last edited by Florida Patriot; 10-23-2008 at 08:16 PM..
Old 10-26-2008, 10:39 PM

My name is Eric Eyes. I keep my eyes open and my mouth shut, Normally...

I'm now working on a book because every man and woman have the right to know about the history of everything, not just the story we've been spoon fed all these years with no questions asked.

Well I'm asking and I'm not stopping untill I get all the truths that are out there.

I've learned alot from a man whom I think was a great man and most of you would know him

"Bill Cooper"

My Goal is to continue spreading the words of his wisdom and to keep up the good work of spreading knowledge to people that normally wouldn't get it and speacially the ones that have a hard time believing it.

Some people still think their government does no wrong and that they will always take care of us.

My own mother is a Bush loving person and only believes what Fox News tells her, they say no wrong, Scary, very scary.

If I get my Book published and there is interests,
My Goal is to build a community underground in Colorado, my family has over 100 acres of land there.

The Goal is to build it underground where it would be safe.

For a family of four it cost about 100-125K to live in their own private underground shelter. Complete with energy both gas & battery and even a wind turbine outside, plus food and water, communications station every damn thing you could possibly think of, it will take care of a family of four for 1 year and for 2 years for only maybe 10k more.

I've done my home work and I have 2 companies that do it all for you. I mean powerful generator, with fuel, all underground and very comfortable.

Each unit is 9ft high by 42-52 feet long, it's like the size of a single wide trailer except the ceiling is much higher and this one saves your life.

There you have it, this is why I'm here. I have a plan and it's to save as many people possible, speacially my own 2 kids & wife, but it would also be cool to have other people to rebuild with.

People something big is going to happen in 2012 and we like other goverments and including our own officials need to prepare.

Something big is also going to happen between 2009 & 2010 something like a 9/11 event but much bigger, so that the government can impliment the New World Order.

Mark my words we are in for some crazy times and we need to come together.

I'm located in Ocala Florida and this too is a bad loaction say we have a Pole shift as many believe, florida will be washed over waves would come inland 400 miles.

You know whats funny is I used to think people that thought the way I'm thinking, well I thought they were nuts, but now I know they just knew some things about our own government that I didn't know.

I'm an American all the way, men in my family faught and still fight for our country but we've been lied to by the men who run the country and the world, the power elite, the old money families and the secret societies they belong to.

I want to live man.. I'm not ready to roll over and die and no matter what happens I'd rather say I tried to do everything I could rather then be the so called smart people that don't believe in conspiracies. Unfortunatly they watch mainstream media and they make people think if you believe in such non sense then you are stupid.

No body likes to feel stupid or left out so they think that since the media told me it's wrong and stupid then it must be.

I just hope more people wake up to whats really going on before it's too late and you end up in a FEMA concentration camp. ( Look'em up there out there waiting to be filled)

Eric Eyes
"Keep Your Eyes Open"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EricEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Cover your Six!!

Hey Eric,

I feel the same way. My wife is very supportive, but she does not want to leave the state. She thinks that Bugging-In is the way to go!...... I want to leave the state. I also was thinking of going to Idaho, Colorado, or Arkasas.

Nice of you to chime in!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:41 AM

Default i'm buggin out man

hey if ya need to bug out north florida is nice temperate winters plenty of water. and lots-o-bore and turkey!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgt.shultes For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Wild Edibles Expert

Thanked 9,741 Times in 4,212 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 3

Keep me in the loop but I might be out of state that weekend
The Following User Says Thank You to Straight Razor For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 05:33 PM

Sorry I missed this. Florida Patriot... Keep in contact. we're probably just around the corner from each other. Probably have a lot in common as far as background and such.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Cover your Six!!

Hey Central Florida!

Are you ready for the Obamanation!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:46 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,192 Times in 579 Posts

My Mother lives in Micanopy, on highway 441 north of Ocala, and is a total paranoid prepper. She might be too paranoid to actually meet up with other preppers, though. If you send me meet up info, I will forward it to her.

Edit: she's a Baptist, too.

HippieSurvivalist
Old 11-18-2008, 07:28 PM
The calm ones had a plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Patriot View Post
Hey Central Florida!

Are you ready for the Obamanation!
Have you been to the Altamount Springs mall lately? Everyone one is partying like it is 2006. I wonder how many shoppers are aware that the owner of that mall, General Growth Properties, is three weeks away from filing bankruptcy?

I believe the sheep just might pause if that mall were to close before Christmas.

Welcome back.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Cover your Six!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypro View Post
Have you been to the Altamount Springs mall lately? Everyone one is partying like it is 2006. I wonder how many shoppers are aware that the owner of that mall, General Growth Properties, is three weeks away from filing bankruptcy?

I believe the sheep just might pause if that mall were to close before Christmas.

Welcome back.
They also own, and will close other malls. A few months back, a major Chev chain of car dealerships, restaurants closings all around town, the economy is still in shambles, ........ I need a Bail-out! Everybody else is getting one!?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,879 Times in 1,660 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Guess I overlooked your original post.. Good to have more folks onboard from our area.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:22 PM

Default New to the world.

Hi. I am new to the world of survivalism, but I am really looking to learn. I grew up on a farm in the middle of the woods in North Florida. My husband and I just recently moved to Orlando, and the "big" city is getting to me.

I know how to use guns, fish (including cleaning and cooking them), some planting knowledge, and some herbal knowledge. I am looking to learn a lot more though. I know a little bit about hunting, but not bigger animals... namely squirrels and rabbits.

I am slowly working to get my husband on board, though he is the one with the camping knowledge.

I would like to talk to some people around here and get to know them and learn from them. Things are so different here. Where I come from survival is/ was the way of life and I wish I had learned more. Though my dad is slowly teaching my husband and I somethings.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Cover your Six!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax248 View Post
Hi. I am new to the world of survivalism, but I am really looking to learn. I grew up on a farm in the middle of the woods in North Florida. My husband and I just recently moved to Orlando, and the "big" city is getting to me.

I know how to use guns, fish (including cleaning and cooking them), some planting knowledge, and some herbal knowledge. I am looking to learn a lot more though. I know a little bit about hunting, but not bigger animals... namely squirrels and rabbits.

I am slowly working to get my husband on board, though he is the one with the camping knowledge.

I would like to talk to some people around here and get to know them and learn from them. Things are so different here. Where I come from survival is/ was the way of life and I wish I had learned more. Though my dad is slowly teaching my husband and I somethings.
Hey Dax248,

You came to the right place. We have a Central Florida Group (Orlando) Group getting started up. If you and your husband are just getting started in your prepping, we can help with tips and ideas. If you need any help just ask here on the forums, or PM me and I will be glad to help!

Blessing to you and yours,

Florida Patriot
Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks Florida Patriot!

Keep me in the loop of any up coming events and I will do my darnedest to be there.

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand."
Old 11-22-2008, 07:55 PM

Hey everyone,
Checking in from the Ft Myers here. I wish you could use your bunkers here Eric but I guess anything under ground this far south would be called a sunken boat or swimming pool. Neither one is very good for survival. I sure miss the north!

I would like to make contact with others in the SW Florida area.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:14 PM

Hey all,
Another Central Floridian here. I have been consumed with prepping for two years now and have a decent amount of preps but of course there's never enough. I would love to join any survival group events so keep me posted. Not sure how long I'll be around as I am intent on leaving the area once and for all as soon as I sell my house (great timing I know) and find a new locale. My current area is turning into a suburban jungle and I cannot imagine what it'll be like when SHTF. Meanwhile I would certainly like to meet up with any local like-minded folks.
Survivorgirl
Old 11-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Cover your Six!!

Hello Survivorgirl,

Central Florida is getting crazy. Thats why it is important you have folks looking out for you and covering your six. PM me if you are interested if you want more info in our area.

Welcome!

Florida Patriot