Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 12-24-2012, 07:00 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,125 Times in 1,491 Posts
Exclamation CT: 50% Ammo Tax, No Internet Ammo Sales, Mag Cap Limits, New AWB Ban

Advertise Here

CT: 50% Ammo Tax, No Internet Ammo Sales, Mag Cap Limits, New AWB Ban

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...s-new-awb-ban/

Posted on December 22, 2012 by Robert Farago

THE TRUTH ABOUT GUNS WEBSITE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catherine_MT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Always have an exit

Thanked 5,655 Times in 2,183 Posts

Insane. The individual States are more of a threat to 2A than fed.com
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tobkis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Survivor, so far

Thanked 20,012 Times in 4,204 Posts

So, is it a far drive to cross over into another state to get ammo ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Carne Frio For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 07:24 AM
Firewater with a Cohiba

Thanked 10,606 Times in 3,261 Posts

Connecticut already had the 4th strictest gun laws in the country.

I'm glad I live in Texas.

Laws don't stop the criminals. There is a law against heroin, cocaine and the like, we see how well those have worked.

Once weapons are banned, there will be a free flow of weapons across our borders, in the hands of criminals.

The legal, law abiding, tax paying citizen will be at an unfair disadvantage
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ManyFeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Bush Walker

Thanked 4,932 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carne Frio View Post
So, is it a far drive to cross over into another state to get ammo ?
need a MA handgun carry permit to buy MA ammo
Old 12-24-2012, 07:57 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 7,626 Times in 3,138 Posts

Just an fyi, Im just passing through this place, so far my opinion of these people just gets lowered every year however almost automatically now.

Im sure its not surprising we had a murder spree performed by a bunch of perps on early release recently,

nothing to see here move along.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:08 AM
This is a great survival forum

ManyFeathers, I like your points made. I would only add that the corruption in Government (All Government) starts at the top (most are attorneys). Our founding fathers saw that and decided to always let the citizen have an open equal playing field if they had to take weapons in Hand.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 PM

What's the "most are attorneys" comment mean?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 PM
19K/SS

Thanked 1,375 Times in 480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB.Esq View Post
What's the "most are attorneys" comment mean?
It means lawyers have become a cancer to our society. Looking for any way to make a quick $ and a name for themselves for political ambitions. Simple.

As far as Connecticut, the town I lived there had an ordinance prohibiting residents from mowing their lawn on Sundays, as well as a statewide hunting ban on Sundays. Pretty much sums that place up!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gbm75 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 AM

I take offense to your stereo typical views of attorneys, a lot of Us spend a great deal of our lives donating time and money to better the justice system. Whether it be through pro bono work for abused or neglected children or working to free the wrongfully accused and convicted.
There are slimey people in every profession, even yours, and by your rational, you must be included in that stereotype. Man, I can't believe you are such a worthless piece of trash solely because of your profession and some of the people in it. See, it's not so simple.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EB.Esq For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 AM
Bush Walker

Thanked 4,932 Times in 1,816 Posts

id just like to be done with the waiting and hear what all is coming to us
Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
I take offense to your stereo typical views of attorneys, a lot of Us spend a great deal of our lives donating time and money to better the justice system. Whether it be through pro bono work for abused or neglected children or working to free the wrongfully accused and convicted.
There are slimey people in every profession, even yours, and by your rational, you must be included in that stereotype. Man, I can't believe you are such a worthless piece of trash solely because of your profession and some of the people in it. See, it's not so simple.
Most people with low opinions of attorneys have never needed one.
The Following User Says Thank You to d-dogg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 AM
19K/SS

Thanked 1,375 Times in 480 Posts

Quote:
Of course you got offended. Everybody's a victim of sorts these days, right? Many doctors do God's work in their spare time overseas free of charge. If you're of a noble ilk, good for you. However, stereotypes are prevelant for a reason.

Had you taken a notion to consider my post in it's entirety, my point as it relates to this thread would not have been lost on you. Specifically, the increasingly absurd restrictions & smothering legislative proposals (regarding firearms) presently being levied against law abiding citizens across the nation, when the facts do not support the stated logic behind them (How'd those gun free zones work out in Newtown, Fort Hood, & the awb at Columbine?). That the facts time & again do not support the policy illustrates these legislators motives to be of a political agenda.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,230 Times in 3,186 Posts

And it terrible that people 'need' lawyers to navigate their way through the maze of laws that the lawyers created.
Heck, you almost need one to even read the crap that passes as laws these days. Most of us not having a degree in 'legalese'.
The Following User Says Thank You to stephpd For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 01:00 PM
Testes, Testes, 1,2,3????

Thanked 1,758 Times in 861 Posts

Quote:
Actually, I would expect a lyer (whoops!, did I type that wrong?)
to tear someone down, even if like you, you dont know what that person does for a living...

Try this for scumbag lawyers, in Florida, they overcharge on retainers and dont give refunds of the unused balance.
I had one that wanted me to give a $3500 retainer for a eviction that, if done myself, costs less than $350.00
so explain to me again, how charging 10X the cost without refunding the difference is not being a scumbag?
Office overhead? I think not. i acomplished everything myself, including court time, in less that 4 hours. Even at $350/hr, thats a heck of alot less than
whats being charged for the work performed.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Curmudgeon/Raconteur

Thanked 2,372 Times in 1,182 Posts

Our Nation is a Land of Laws. If Each and Every Citizen has not informed Him- or Her- Self of the Laws ruling Their Lives, then those Citizens are Fools.

Even the Ticket you accept when getting Your Clothes Dry-Cleaned Limits your Remedies in Law. Same for Ticket at the Car-Park. Same when you attend a Tractor Pull. And so on.

Not reading the Fine Print does not absolve you from Running afoul some Contractual Term or other!

I think every High-School Graduate should have taken an abbreviated Contracts and Torts course!

LawSchool was Breath-Takingly Eye-Opening for This Degreed Engineer!!!

And to the OP: The legislators think they are making things safe, but they are running off folks instead!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM

Hey where did that lawyer go?

Actually I had read some posts from E.B.esq in the past and he seems like one of the good ones. But he fails to grasp how rampant the abuse of law is by his ilk. And there lies the problem...
Old 02-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Hiker

Thanked 2,656 Times in 328 Posts

Wondering when someone's going to contest the law (laws?) passed in CT.?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Veteran Hunter

Thanked 6,119 Times in 2,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyFeathers View Post
Connecticut already had the 4th strictest gun laws in the country.

I'm glad I live in Texas.

Laws don't stop the criminals. There is a law against heroin, cocaine and the like, we see how well those have worked.

Once weapons are banned, there will be a free flow of weapons across our borders, in the hands of criminals.

The legal, law abiding, tax paying citizen will be at an unfair disadvantage
There will be approximately 1.4 million gun owners... err, criminals in Texas if they try that crap here.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Tabbed: "Regular Guy"

Thanked 2,181 Times in 1,026 Posts

Im gonna bend down and kiss some Virginia dirt! Not the most liberal, BUT... not whack-o either!

EB