Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Knives, Swords & Axes
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Knives, Swords & Axes Survival knives, multi-tools, gerber, buck, cold steel, leather man.....

Advertise Here

Old 12-16-2012, 12:56 AM

Default HB-1-01 Survival Knife

Advertise Here

I love this knife but I hate the "rambo" look to it lol, I saw it on youtube and I loved the guys review so much I went out and bought it. The link to the video is I think he got it for his collection but I bought it for when I go out. I'm going to add stuff to it to make it even more of a survival knife. I'm thinking about taking off the cord that comes with it and adding paracord but I want to add some things under the paracord that isn't in the tube inside of the handle. I know I'm going to add a ferro rod and I'm going to try and add a 55 gallon drum liner. What else should I add?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrJohnMistrot For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,362 Times in 2,005 Posts

This guy has never seen an infective Russian tool. I am assuming he hasn't played with to many other Russian tools then. As far as optics go, don't touch anything Russian. Especially NVDs, yes they are cheap, but you may never get them to work.

However, good review, would have been better if he was doing it from a users prospective and not a collectors perspective.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,312 Times in 1,435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnMistrot View Post
I love this knife but I hate the "rambo" look to it lol, I saw it on youtube and I loved the guys review so much I went out and bought it. The link to the video is HB-1-01 Survival Knife Review - YouTube I think he got it for his collection but I bought it for when I go out. I'm going to add stuff to it to make it even more of a survival knife. I'm thinking about taking off the cord that comes with it and adding paracord but I want to add some things under the paracord that isn't in the tube inside of the handle. I know I'm going to add a ferro rod and I'm going to try and add a 55 gallon drum liner. What else should I add?
A real knife for when that thing fails. Hollow handle knives are not "survival" knives. They are a way to get you to spend your money on their product. I would bet you a buck that guy was using the internet to sell them. Learn from this. Buy a quality knife. Build your own survival pouch. I made a mini one for my nephew using a Buck 110 belt pouch. He had a lot of fun with that thing and learned a lot. I would take him to the creek and he would catch perch and start a fire and cook them. Great fun.