Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Books, Movies & Stories
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 10-03-2008, 08:42 PM

Default Civil War II by Thomas Chittum

Advertise Here

I'm loath to do this again...(I recently finished Lights Out in pdf).........this book is out of print and rare........The book is only 171pgs and somewhat dated but Chittum foresees a Civil War II based on along racial lines.............

I haven't had a chance to look over this site yet but it is loaded w/ free downloads of all manner of SHTF info:

http://www.shtfinfo.com/shtffiles/books_and_reading/

scroll dn to:
CWII.pdf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishbanshees For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2008, 08:54 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,206 Times in 580 Posts

I just read three of the pdfs and, well, lots of good propaganda and arguements for white supremicists, but I'm not seeing much of value for survivalists.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:17 PM

Given the propensity of survivalists to play "what if", with various social meltdowns, this is just one more.......the balkanization of the country alone generates interest in Chittum's ideas. Chittum was silent for years, and this past March he released a statement where he officially joined the Alcoa hat wearing crowd. I'll rummage around and see if I can dig that up too!
Old 08-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,771 Times in 699 Posts

Bumping an old thread rather than starting my own. I think there is a .pdf available for download if you look, not sure if it is still copyrighted or not.

I just got done reading this and it is scarily accurate in its predictions. It was written in 1997, and it is almost like he is writing with today's headlines in mind.

There isn't much about surviving or standard "prepper" things, but that isn't the book's focus. I think reading and understanding this book will have much more value for surviving than most prepper materials, however. You can only say "store food and ammo, try to figure out how to grow your own food" so many times before it gets repetitive and you stop getting value from it.

This book lists things to watch out for, and the reason I would heed these warnings more than most of the usual "sky is falling!" type of prepper nonsense is because he doesn't derive them from his pet apocalypse dream, or wishful thinking regarding who will be left standing, but instead bases it on the history of rebellions and insurgencies. Some of that history he lived through himself, serving in Vietnam, Rhodesia and Croatia. Furthermore, a scary number of those predictions have already come about or are in the process of coming about... And that is the real test of how good a theory is, its ability to predict what actually happens in reality.

Every other page made me want to go through my list of posts on this forum to find relevant threads whose discussion would have been greatly helped by this authors insight.

one of his many warning signs of approaching Civil War:
"10: The fragmenting and politicizing of the military. Covert and overt racial factions will become common. Our military will come to resemble the old Soviet military as affirmative action officers politicize it by purging conservative whites and promoting minorities and radical whites.
The military will increase operations that give it experience in operating governments, such as the operations in
Haiti, Bosnia, and Somalia, Such operations will desensitize the military to the eventual military takeover of the United States of America - the true, ultimate and only real point of all these takeovers of foreign countries."

"8: The demographic and political Reconquista of our southwest. Mexican politicians will
call for the return of "their" Southwest. Massive Mexican immigration into the southwest
and white flight out of it will transform the southwest into a de facto province of Mexico.
The establishment will surrender much sovereignty of the southwest by treaties, affirmative
action, acquiescence to dual citizenship, bilingualism and other devices."

"Technically speaking, America is now going
through the second of four phases of Civil War II, a transitional phase of intermittent
terrorism by both the federal government and the resisters that will grow into a guerrilla
warfare stage, and eventually culminate in the continuous, all-out military phase of Civil
War II.
The establishment simply has no option. They absolutely have to publicly and repeatedly
violate the Bill of Rights, all while they publicly deny that they are doing so. The Bill of
Rights must be gutted and remade into a facade of euphemisms, and the more obvious
the facade the better.
This facade will serve as a sort of pagan idol to test people. Those who bow down signal
their submission; those who do not will soon find themselves objects of the establishment's
attention. Either way, the idol of a facade serves it sole purpose, to let the establishment
know who submits and who does not. That's why the facade must be completely obvious..."

"Item 28: Watch for the collapse of the US dollar as the world's premier currency. This will
be the signal that will confirm our status as a third-world nation."

Sound familiar?
Old 08-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,800 Times in 1,406 Posts

I just read it again and I see many of the things Chittum said would happen, happening now. The Border situation is just one of them.

Jungle Work
Old 08-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Believer

Thanked 1,118 Times in 431 Posts

I have read both books (fast read) and though I consider myself a non racist still it is a factor in any conflict. Just look at the Hutu vs. Tutsi conflicts of recent times.

In the end it boiled down more to class warfare than any ethnic lines. And what is that underlying feeling in your gut when you see what the POTS and his hooligans are attempting to do to America. Search link

There will never be an end to those who attempt to drive wedges into the land we know and love. Ask yourself what is the ultimate agenda for induced national suicide?
Old 08-02-2014, 08:18 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I believe it'll be more of rural America and the urban areas. I know Atlanta was a focal point of the Civil War, but Atlanta has become such an urban area that most people in the Atlanta area are citified Yankees and much more yankee than rural America in the old north. I spent a few days with family there last month and Atlanta is no different than any city up north or out west. If we expect to ever unite against the current tyranny we're going to have to break out of the north/south mentality and realize that we are everywhere in this country.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiddy70 View Post
I believe it'll be more of rural America and the urban areas. I know Atlanta was a focal point of the Civil War, but Atlanta has become such an urban area that most people in the Atlanta area are citified Yankees and much more yankee than rural America in the old north. I spent a few days with family there last month and Atlanta is no different than any city up north or out west. If we expect to ever unite against the current tyranny we're going to have to break out of the north/south mentality and realize that we are everywhere in this country.
I couldn't agree more having spent a lot of time in GA. Until you get well outside of the Atlanta Area everyone living there is relocated. Atlanta isn't a southern city and most of the states population resides within 1.5 hours of DT Atlanta. GA isn't even a southern state till you get far away from Atlanta.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,216 Times in 2,979 Posts

How old are you kid?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:36 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19 RTF View Post
I couldn't agree more having spent a lot of time in GA. Until you get well outside of the Atlanta Area everyone living there is relocated. Atlanta isn't a southern city and most of the states population resides within 1.5 hours of DT Atlanta. GA isn't even a southern state till you get far away from Atlanta.
Florida and Texas appear to be heading that way. Florida was already there a long time ago. Almost everything on the coast lines is pretty urbanized. So is Orlando. Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston are very citified. Austin is just all out fruit-cakey.

I know Nashville would like to preserve its country roots, but outside of the Grand Ole Opry and some recording studios, it's pretty much a cleaner version of St Louis...and the roads are confusing! You may be told to stay far right to stay on I-24 and then you have 3/4 of a mile to cross 4-5 lanes of traffic to stay on I-24.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Florida and Texas appear to be heading that way. Florida was already there a long time ago. Almost everything on the coast lines is pretty urbanized. So is Orlando. Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston are very citified. Austin is just all out fruit-cakey.

I know Nashville would like to preserve its country roots, but outside of the Grand Ole Opry and some recording studios, it's pretty much a cleaner version of St Louis...and the roads are confusing! You may be told to stay far right to stay on I-24 and then you have 3/4 of a mile to cross 4-5 lanes of traffic to stay on I-24.
I couldn't agree more I have friends in all those areas and none are from there. More than anything it scares me that many seem to have no allegiance to any type of culture and nothing to bring them together expect their income bracket. Where I live people still seem to care more about the person than the stereo type. But it is in 1 hour from a major population. Honestly though most of the populated areas of the SE are becoming transplant havens. NC and VA also. Even SC. Besides Nashville area Tennessee is still mostly untouched(in a relative world).
Old 08-02-2014, 11:13 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19 RTF View Post
I couldn't agree more I have friends in all those areas and none are from there. More than anything it scares me that many seem to have no allegiance to any type of culture and nothing to bring them together expect their income bracket. Where I live people still seem to care more about the person than the stereo type. But it is in 1 hour from a major population. Honestly though most of the populated areas of the SE are becoming transplant havens. NC and VA also. Even SC. Besides Nashville area Tennessee is still mostly untouched(in a relative world).
I have in-laws in Sacramento, CA and Atlanta and it's all about the rat race and making sure their house and landscape stays comparable with the rest of the neighborhood/block/HOA, whatever. Their whole lives are either spent in an office, in traffic, at some fitness facility, or on the couch. They go to the grocery stores every 2-3 days for food and have nothing else around the house that lasts beyond 2-3 days besides maybe some cereal and vegetable oil. None of them mow their own lawns, and I'd be surprised if any of them knew how to change a flat tire.

This isn't meant to knock them as I really enjoy their company and we have great times, but I don't think they realize how much their lives have become trapped in a hamster wheel and the first natural disaster will be beyond catastrophic for them with the looters soon to go roaming and FEMA nowhere around to provide something as basic as water.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Hunter

In this situation whoever can provide clean water will become the dominate power. I think people will find a way to stay fed in SHTF(they will still be hungry), but water is going to be a major issue. I see a substantial die off from waterborne illness in the first few weeks. It's easier to transport and store food than water. Now we need to do everything we can politically to keep this from happening.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:44 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,287 Times in 555 Posts

It is an interesting read. I think there is a lot of truth in what he writes. People want to scream racist and such, but it is what it is. Look on Sunday morning and you see a racial divide. People separate themselves b/c of comfort. Put it on a national scale and add in the PC media and you have tension. You can't tell me the crap happening it the Southwest isn't deliberate.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Target Shooter

Perhaps relevant reference readings:

SECOND AMERICAN REVOLUTION VICTORY GUIDE
http://www.scribd.com/doc/51729720/S...TORY-GUIDE-2-0

SECRET FREEDOM FIGHTER
http://www.scribd.com/doc/21109443/J...g-the-Innocent

THE COMING INSURRECTION
http://www.scribd.com/doc/48653996/T...g-Insurrection

Civil War II
http://www.scribd.com/doc/58562141/Civil-War-II

LEADERLESS RESISTANCE
http://www.louisbeam.com/leaderless.htm

STARFISH AND THE SPIDER
http://www.scribd.com/doc/10521739/T...and-the-Spider
The Following User Says Thank You to unno2002 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,771 Times in 699 Posts

Quote:

I agree to a large extent. The problem is that in the North:
urban = black + radical pro-black whites
rural = white.

In the South:
urban = black + radical pro-black whites
rural = white and/or black.

As the author's charts show, and more modern charts also show, blacks are a majority in a huge number of southern counties, even rural counties.

2008:

The major area of disagreement I have with the author is that he assumes each race will become 1 nation. I don't think it will be that simple, I think Squiddy is right that rural/urban will also be a factor. I think it will be more like Bracken's CW2 Cube. Basically, a big cluster****:

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpres...e-in-violence/
The Following User Says Thank You to zorost For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2014, 06:06 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Interesting maps. I told someone not too long ago that if something did kick off it would be in the plains or mountain states. That map confirms my suspicion.