Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > DIY - Do It Yourself
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 01:10 PM
I love this forum

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamZeke View Post
My commentary on Tesla comes from a point later in life after all of my education and realized the poor guy barely gets a comment in most books beyond "he made AC power useable". Even my electronic and electrical power books barely give him a nod, always touting Edison as the man who made it all possible.
Tesla was mentioned repeatedly during my classes, especially the early ones for power systems engineering. Edison was mentioned as well, but it was made clear that while each made contributions, Tesla was on a higher level than Edison.

Even though Tesla had some major contributions in the field, there were several of his ideas that were failures. Not everything he did was miraculous as some seem to think. Some of his claims later in life were never demonstrated or documented. Some think they were suppressed by those in power to ensure they could control and thus profit from what was available at the time, but it just as easily could have been a case of theoretical claims not working out because of flawed or incomplete knowledge.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 9,581 Times in 3,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigDug View Post
Even though Tesla had some major contributions in the field, there were several of his ideas that were failures. Not everything he did was miraculous as some seem to think. Some of his claims later in life were never demonstrated or documented. Some think they were suppressed by those in power to ensure they could control and thus profit from what was available at the time, but it just as easily could have been a case of theoretical claims not working out because of flawed or incomplete knowledge.
Agreed, but I think that was because of his nature. He was always pushing well beyond the edges of proven science and extrapolating those ideas out even further. He was never a "big company" person like Edison was and more of a mad scientist in his private lab, which he had to pay for with theatrical shows as opposed to getting all those monthly monthly service payments like Edison had going for him. He was also inclined to go beyond his skill set and contemplate ideas that had nothing to do with electricity, and then go trying to merge those ideas with his electrical knowledge.

His method of getting funding put him regularly at risk of scorn when things didn't pan out. When you make your income being a performer and you fall on your face your rep will take a hit. I doubt his personality type would have let him work for a big company, but had he done so I'm sure his image would have been different because his failures wouldn't have been so in the public eye. I'm positive Edison had a far lower inventive rate and higher failure rate, but ensconced in the middle of a large corporation all we ever saw was what made it productively to market. Edison's image was a well manicured presentation while Tesla was throwing it all out there in raw form for everyone to see.

Try the book out. It's great reading even for those who don't have a scientific background. The writer had a way with bringing out the great drama of Tesla's life.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamZeke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 09:29 PM

Well I know now that I got scammed , glad it was only 27 bucks. Here is a link to another sight that is looking into the Hendershot generator. If these guys couldn't get it to work then no way was I going to be able. I do believe that his invention did work as do the people on the other sight but none have all the information that is needed to duplicate it, not even Hendershots son. Here's the link. http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...lications.html

Even though I didn't get what I thought I was paying for I did get a lot of information that was entertaining and may be useful later on.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 PM

Default The Hendershot Generator

I would like to know if the disinformation is based on actually trying the generator or even building the hendershot coil. Because much of what i see for replies is all negative, brief, and scathingly hostile it sounds to me like "contempt prior to investigation." I'm an electonics tech and an electrician and i see a possibility here. I would really like it if someone would answer that last post and tell us where we can find the Elko's TM-58 Pyramid capacitors and the VO TV transformers. I've tried Vintage Electronics but have dead ended at that lead. PLEASE SERIOUS HELPERS PLEASE POST!!!

BY the way....The info on the Spirit of St Louis is compelling...A plane of that era that weighed less than 3000 lbs had to have some hidden technology on board. A WWII fighter would have had to carry 3000 lbs of fuel alone to fly that far.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:10 PM

Default ELKO's TM-58 Pyramid Caps and VO Transformers

I would really appreciate an answer to this question also. Specifically, where can i get the Elko's TM-58 Pyramid capacitor. And where can i get the Vertically Oscillating TV Transformers. PLEASE, I APPREACIATE THE WARNINGS about this being a scam and yes i know that I can find all that i need for free on the web. It's been said many times. If you know of any way to get these two components please reply.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Baal Sheeple

Thanked 12,907 Times in 4,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentf563 View Post
I would really appreciate an answer to this question also. Specifically, where can i get the Elko's TM-58 Pyramid capacitor...
Well according to this I google'd up here http://www.svensons.com/Energy/hendershot2.html

You can use
Quote:
MATERIAL LIST
2 Dual 40-80 MFD Electrolytic Capacitors 400 Volt Non-Polarized
2 5:1 Ratio 24 Volt to 120 Volt Transformers (Vertical OscillatorType)
Red, Black, Blue, Green Coded Wires
250' #20 AWG Insulated Solid Copper Wire
100' #28 Enamel Copper Wire
500' #24 Enamel Copper Wire
114 311 x 11811 Wood Dowels
1 Horseshoe or U Shaped Magnet
2 Plates for Dowel Pin Mounting
1 Screw Type Adjusting Mechanism
1 1-1/211 x 1180 x 611 Flat Iron Bar (Approx.)
2 Iron Solenoid Cores
Miscellaneous parts, screws, bolts, wire, etc.
to create this energy scam device. I am guessing just from a quick overlook that the scam was the fact that the inventor charged the capacitors ahead of time and than pretended his device was outputting power when it simply was storing it for brief usages and demonstration purposes.

ETA: Interesting read at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...otion_machines since I was not all that familiar with this thing.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:40 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
I would like to know if the disinformation is based on actually trying the generator or even building the hendershot coil. Because much of what i see for replies is all negative, brief, and scathingly hostile it sounds to me like "contempt prior to investigation."
If you saw an add telling you to send $20 to find out how to convert lead into gold would you do it? Atomically they're very close. There's several people who might, but I'll bet not many metallurgists would because they know that it's not feasible.

My skepticism is not based on one thing. It's based on several things that don't agree with the claims made for this device along with my education and work in the power generation field.

The Earths magnetic field is large but weak. It can move a compass, but a refrigerator magnet is stronger than the Earths magnetic field on the surface.

The strength of induced voltage in a generator is proportional to
1. field strength (I just stated how weak this is)
2. number of turns of wire on the coil in the generator
3. relative speed of the magnetic field vs the conductors. (A stationary conductor in a static magnetic field generates no electricity. Move the conductor across the magnetic field or the magnetic field across the conductor and voltage is generated and the faster the movement the higher the voltage.)

Concerning #3... Even an airplane traveling East/West across the Earths magnetic field doesn't generate a significant voltage and it's moving far faster than anything in this hendershot generator.
Quote:
I'm an electonics tech and an electrician and i see a possibility here.
"electronics tech" is a broad term just like engineer, electrician, mechanic etc. No offense but I've known many electronics techs that have no idea how electricity works because their job and training is limited to calibration of instruments or plug and replace components until the device works again. I'm not saying this describes you though.

I wouldn't ask a auto mechanic about CNC or industrial hydraulic system questions. You may have good knowledge of the generation requirements and limitations of electricity, but simply identifying yourself by a title doesn't give much indication.

Generating electricity is easy.
Generating useable electricity is more difficult.
Efficiently generating useable electricity is several orders of magnitude more difficult.

Quote:
BY the way....The info on the Spirit of St Louis is compelling...A plane of that era that weighed less than 3000 lbs had to have some hidden technology on board. A WWII fighter would have had to carry 3000 lbs of fuel alone to fly that far.
I could address this in detail, but just for brevity think about the hendershot generator described that powers a single light bulb. Being generous and assuming it can power a 100w bulb you would need about 1500 times more electrical power from the device to provide enough power to match the J5 engine that was used for the flight.

I'll also mention:
Speed control of electrical motors was poor until fairly recently. This is especially true with AC motors. If a DC motor was used, it would have been much larger in size since AC motors are more compact.

There would be little benefit in weight by using an electric motor.
For an equivalent AC motor the weight is around 1800lbs.
For an equivalent DC motor the weight is around 2200lbs.
Both these numbers are from modern motors. Motors of that era were much larger and heavier (approximately 50% heavier).
The J5 engine and fuel weighed around 3000lbs.

There's no accounting for losses in this design due to
Eddy current heating.
Armature reaction.
Counter torque.

The flight has been duplicated numerous times.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Baal Sheeple

Thanked 12,907 Times in 4,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigDug View Post
If you saw an add ...
Just wanted to say very good explanation in your post. It helped my understanding out for the subject even though I knew this generator was a scam.

Well done!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 PM
What, me worry?

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,744 Posts

Does a person need to slash their own wrists ro prove they will bleed to death?

Do you need to stick you own tongue into an outlet to know that is not the best way to get curly hair?

I do not have to waste my money and enrich liars and scam artists to know that perpetual motion is not possible or that a "fueless generator" is a fairy tale.

Personally, I think that the continuous reviving of this thread is done by the same person who is trying to profit from this scam. I bet you make your mother real proud.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,207 Times in 770 Posts

... another case of uneducated/undereducated/unwise people who think that belief some how equates to reality, IMO, some folks just refuse to believe demonstrable facts.

You can't reason with them (you infidel) you can't educate them (something about leading a horse to water...) all you can do is tolerate their willing/willful ignorance ...

and hope they go away after someone takes their money...

Enjoy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Joe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,002 Posts

Old 06-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Tabbed: "Regular Guy"

Thanked 2,373 Times in 1,122 Posts

Free lunch theories exist, but only for profit.

The law of physics demands you cannot get something... from nothing... or very little.

HTH,
EB
The Following User Says Thank You to ElevenBravo29th For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 02:24 PM
Tabbed: "Regular Guy"

Thanked 2,373 Times in 1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencerox View Post
DON'T BUY!!! Here is the FREE link that you are looking for:

http://www.hendershotgenerator.com/t...fE56G/yUb4Dww8
That there... was Google Fu at it's finest... Im even downloading the video.

EB
Old 06-05-2013, 06:19 PM
What, me worry?

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,744 Posts

It is always new guys who are reviving this thread and promoting this trash.

This is a scam and sciencerox knows it. He is the the same guy who periodically revives this thread. Sciencerox is, in fact, THE thief who is profitting by trying to get people to purchase his fake trash. He has come here under many accounts. He will not post anywhere else.

Do you hear that sciencerox? I am calling you a liar and a thief. You prey on the uninformed.
The Following User Says Thank You to rpp For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread