Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > DIY - Do It Yourself
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 07:20 PM
The Horror, The Horror

Default Hendershot Fuelless Generator

Advertise Here

I just saw video on building one (you pay to watch, get a parts list and original schematic) and was wondering if anyone here has played around with it. Also could you that have built one provide a website to get the unpolarized capacitors, 500 and 1000 micro Farads. The ones I've seen are quite small compared to those on the video. The ones on the video are like the size of a 1 liter soda bottle and larger. Thank you all.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Prepared

Snake oil....nuff said.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dblas For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2012, 09:45 PM
What, me worry?

Thanked 4,719 Times in 1,744 Posts

SCAM ALERT! This is lie. It is a mythical perpetual motion machine, only is claims to be based off of "better" magnetic compass.

They already have your money as you paid for a video you could have seen for free on YouTube. Don't let them steal any more from you.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rpp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Prepared

I wish I could believe that some garage inventor is going to "atlas shrugged" an engine. I want to believe that because I want to believe it could be me that invents it. Energy in is always greater than useful energy out. Always.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. The closest thing we have is solar heat, solar pv, and then other renewable. Include wind power, wave power, micro hydro, and woodgas generators, and you have something that really works and can produce useful energy. Don't waste time chasing after the "free energy" solution when something more useful, predictable and replicatable is here now.

Wub
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wubboy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 PM

Did you ever find the capacitors? Would like to know where you can get them if you did.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Fire Fighter

Thanked 1,343 Times in 517 Posts

You can get lots of FREE information on it with a google search, don't pay. Look for the "Archives of Lester Hendershot" on the net it is out there for free and is posted by several people. Mark
Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,311 Times in 638 Posts

much like salvation for 19.95. too good to be true.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,623 Times in 2,335 Posts

capacitors can be bought many places. even walmart has 1farad caps. but whats the point? without actually being able to charge the cap it wont do anything for you. and when the cap has released its energy?
Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 AM
The end is,,,,,

Thanked 9,248 Times in 3,911 Posts

Sounds like a Sterling engine. Just google them. Cool stuff. Old technology.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,166 Times in 1,452 Posts

salvation for 19.99?

id like three please
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catmando For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Go Forward With Courage.

Thanked 6,672 Times in 2,187 Posts

When I was his age a Gal on the street said for just $20 she could...
OOPS! Wrong forum.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 10 Bears For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 AM

The sterling engine is a really neat concept. It uses a heat-activated air-piston concept to rotate. I've seen a fan that sits on a woodstove to circulate air in a cabin, that was powered by a small sterling engine. The only power required to make the fan rotate was the heat of the woodstove. Very interesting concept.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 AM

Here is a fun story about these "magnetic/ fuel-less generators". About 3 years ago, my father in law and I heard all kinds of wonderful things about a Bedini magnet motor/ battery charger. Since the info was free and there was an entire Yahoo group with tons of members doing this, we figured what the heck and decided to try it. We even went all out and built a coil winder. To give a little background on us, my father in law has been a machinist for 40 years, and for a living I work with power and cooling equipment in data centers. This is probably a different "black magic machine" than what you were checking out, but here is how they convince people they work. First, you monitor the amperage out of the battery powering the system and the power going into the charging battery. After letting it run for hours and hours and recording the data you begin the discharge cycle. After doing 20 or so cycles of this (yes, we actually documented this whole process, took about 2 weeks) you check your data and magically you see that more power came out during the discharge cycle than went in during the charge cycle. They convince you this is magical and they are pulling power "from the ether" or some sh*t. The other magic is how this charge brings bad batteries back to life by the constant voltage spikes. We proved in more ways than you could believe this was total cr*p. Then they said "oh, you need more coils, that's a beginner system". So we wound 12 new coils and used a bigger wheel. While it worked quicker, the results were the same. Then we needed more coils, so we stacked 3 wheels side by side and used 36 coils. Again, same results only quicker.

My point in this, is that while I would LOVE to believe free energy is around the corner from a magnet motor, it's just not gonna happen. If something so simple could be done with simple materials, it would be available everywhere. I honestly think there is more to the hydrogen research/ experimenting people are doing than any free energy magnet motors- and the only reason for this is because of what I've seen with my own eyes.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harbin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 10:47 AM

I was looking at the same thing as the Barbarian, that Hendershot generator.
For the 27 bucks it cost to get the information I figured it wasn't much more then a Blue Ray DVD and I'd probably get more entertainment. I know everyone thinks its a pipe dream and such but I haven't heard anybody who actually built it say that. Anyway I wanted to try building one but don't understand all the technical lingo but would have no problem making it if I had the same stuff they tell you to use. I'm sort of in the same position as the Barbarian. Sent the outfit that sold the book an e-mail, waiting to hear back from them. Hey if it works like they show you it would be great for a power outage to keep the tv going, what else do you need?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Plan Z: Run!

Thanked 18,933 Times in 8,002 Posts

While the laws of man can be broken, the Laws of Physics cannot. Many have died trying.

I have a Flux Capacitor to backup everything I say!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 9111315 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2013, 01:05 PM
LEGAL citizen

Thanked 9,905 Times in 3,280 Posts

Car audio joints will have or can get large caps like that...
Old 01-27-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy The Barbarian View Post
I just saw video on building one (you pay to watch, get a parts list and original schematic) and was wondering if anyone here has played around with it. Also could you that have built one provide a website to get the unpolarized capacitors, 500 and 1000 micro Farads. The ones I've seen are quite small compared to those on the video. The ones on the video are like the size of a 1 liter soda bottle and larger. Thank you all.
Most capacitors are of the polarized variety... meaning that they have (+) and (-) terminals. An Unpolarized capacitor is usually much larger, since it's construction cannot use the chemical 'tricks' most polarized capacitors use to get high capacity in a small package. If a capacitor does not specifically state that it is unpolarized (also sometimes called an AC capacitor) it is understood that it IS Polarized. I am not sure where to locate an unpolarized capacitor of the size you are looking for... Also, you need to know what voltage rating you need to have for the capicator. The capicator you get has to have a voltage rating equal to or Greater than what is called for in the specifications. An option is always to make your own... And as long as physical size is not a big limitation, it is not that hard. (It could be done using wax paper and aluminum foil.) Then the hardest part would be to determine what your capacitance was, and possibly attaching the connecting wires, especially if there was considerable power involved. For more hands on info on building your own capacitor, you might try googling some Tesla Generator sites, to contact people who have built there own capacitors, although they are usually doing it for High Voltage reasons. All this said... I have severe doubts, that the Hendershot Generator could actually work... But, I'm trying to keep an open mind, and came across your post while trying to see if anyone has had ANY kind of luck getting it to even marginally work.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:43 PM
human

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,167 Posts

You can "make up" and non-polarized cap simply by taking two electrolytic (polarized) and connect them "back to back" in series.

+ to + or - to - ---|(----)|--- or --)|----|(---

The total capacitance will be 1/2 but the operating voltage will double.
For example two 1000uf @ 25VDC will be 500uf @ 50VAC, although I'm not sure if that's 50VAC RMS PEAK or AVERAGE.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:53 PM

Default Capacitors

I wish the Hendershot ebook had more data on the capacitors required. It looks like a "large Can" capacitor. I believe it is a "starter" capacitor and not a "run" capacitor because I notice the "run" capacitors have very low MFD's micro Farads. There are a few sellers on eBay that have the 500/1000uf capacitors but when I look at electronics supplies I am overwhelmed my the numerous types available. This Hendershot Generator website is owned by someone in Washington Sate (looked it up at http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp ) , and I notice the video was made in Europe (everything is millimeter/metric etc...). Perhaps these parts are hard to find for two reasons. We have a society of service/hotel workers. Manufacturing has moved mostly abroad. 2nd (almost same) is that these parts are purposely hard to get. Electric giants wish to keep their millions of slave continue to pay them your monthly energy bills. Good luck guy ! **Don't worry bout the stone throwing nay sayers, they will always sit on the couch and never discover anything OR!!! they could be part of the giant energy goons trying to discourage us from using our brains!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:54 PM
What, me worry?

Thanked 4,719 Times in 1,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4cooler View Post
I wish the Hendershot ebook had more data on the capacitors required. It looks like a "large Can" capacitor. I believe it is a "starter" capacitor and not a "run" capacitor because I notice the "run" capacitors have very low MFD's micro Farads. There are a few sellers on eBay that have the 500/1000uf capacitors but when I look at electronics supplies I am overwhelmed my the numerous types available. This Hendershot Generator website is owned by someone in Washington Sate (looked it up at http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp ) , and I notice the video was made in Europe (everything is millimeter/metric etc...). Perhaps these parts are hard to find for two reasons. We have a society of service/hotel workers. Manufacturing has moved mostly abroad. 2nd (almost same) is that these parts are purposely hard to get. Electric giants wish to keep their millions of slave continue to pay them your monthly energy bills. Good luck guy ! **Don't worry bout the stone throwing nay sayers, they will always sit on the couch and never discover anything OR!!! they could be part of the giant energy goons trying to discourage us from using our brains!
This is this member's very first post on this forum.

Those who sell information on the Hendershot generator are criminals. They know what they sell is garbage and cannot work, yet they take your money anyway. Low life scum like this will steal the last dime from an old widow.

This post is a shill for criminals.

Shame on you. I suspect when you do this kind of thing it makes your mother very proud.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rpp For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread