Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 11-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Prepared

Default The Citadel in Idaho - Patriot Community

Advertise Here

Check it out

http://iiicitadel.blogspot.com/

One of my dearest friends is selling his house and moving himself and his business (Federal Firearms Dealer) to this place in Idaho.

Sounds like the perfect place for him and I wish him nothing but happiness and success.

Thoughts?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jelsey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Prepared

http://IIIArmsCompany.com

The President of IIIArmsCompany (my friend) and his presentation.

Enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jelsey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Just a redneck

Thanked 1,788 Times in 730 Posts

Kinda sounds like the type of place the government will be targeting. I wish your friend luck.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to remus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ

Thanked 9,610 Times in 3,819 Posts

So your friend is sell out to move there ? According to the link they have not selected a final place to build nor is their any property purchased.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felicia For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Prepared

remus - I agree, and I also wish and pray for his success.

felicia - if you listen to the vid it's "in progress". Apparently talks are in progress with 3 different counties as to "where" to build. Everything has to start somewhere.

Jim Miller is an determined man, and while I know very little about this project, I've known Jim for many, many years and there is no doubt in my mind that he will succeed and thrive in this type of environment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jelsey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:07 AM

Certainly won't be the first time someone has attempted this . There are several groups in the Grangeville/Kamiah area the most notable being Bo Gritz's "Almost Heaven" which in turn spawned several others in the immediate area . I wish him luck but he may find that the sour apples from the 90's may have left a bad taste in the locals mouths and should expect some pushback or at the very least a cold shoulder .
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Paraman1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Gravity is a Theory.

Thanked 6,429 Times in 1,977 Posts

Lets make a community of like minded patriotic Americans who are fed up with the way things are being run.

Then lets make a website on it, tell people where we are going, and invite more to come?

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,945 Times in 1,728 Posts

sounds interesting,

-What's the cost to buy in?
-Who and How will they rule? They say Jefferson rightful liberty yet often that plays out at the expense of others,..example; Say I'm an early riser and I like to target shoot, cut firewood and 5 am but my neighbor likes to sleep until 7:30 who's right full liberty prevails and who determines that?

Quote:
"American society suffers the inevitable destruction that must accompany the decades of degenerating morality of our Countrymen"
Don't disagree with the quote however, Who gets to determine and enforce morality? I have found there is no great bank of morality in one group of people liberal, conservative, religious or atheists it really doesn't work that way.

Seems too vague and idealistic to me.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rugster For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Stay the Course

I'd be afraid to put any ammount of money into this.

I can see it tanking real quick and someone running off with your retirement funds.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Fishing on a river

Thanked 3,627 Times in 1,440 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelsey View Post
Apparently talks are in progress with 3 different counties as to "where"
I sure hope Idaho county isn't one of them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bullets~n~Beans For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:34 AM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 5,113 Times in 2,479 Posts

The barrel bushing on that 1911 needs to read " The 2nd Amendment Starts Here "
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Grevcon 10ⓖ & MGM20ⓜ

Thanked 9,610 Times in 3,819 Posts

Bo Gritz no longer lives in "Almost Heaven"
http://www.rickross.com/reference/mi...militia88.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to felicia For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Prepared

I don't have to financially support, join, move or agree with his ideas/ideals, however I DO have to support him emotionally and hope for his safety and success.

That's what, in my humble opinion, REAL friends do.

Could be Utopia. Could be hell-on-earth. Gotta hope for the best and prepare for the worst, after all, isn't that what preppers do?

Thanks for the input.

@charliemeyer007 - Excellent! I'll pass that along (if he's not already reading it).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jelsey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:54 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,736 Times in 2,082 Posts

What a joke.

It sounds like they arent even aware of the latest technology for agriculture and infrastructure.

For example: Basic composting toilets? THere are many high and low tech/expensive and inexpensive options for rural and urban life....the Gates Foundation here supports research into many options into all kinds of low tech infrastructure and this past summer they had a "Toilet Fair" where they demo'd several toilet options like I described above.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:26 AM

9MMare,

I'm one of those "crazy" people who is moving to the Citadel in Idaho when I can. One of the main reasons we are posting on boards like this is to reach out to people like you who have information that could be helpful to our effort. We can't know everything but we can ask people like you who have useful information to pass it along to us. If you have any references you could share we would appreciate it.

There are many very serious problems to be overcome for a project like this to work. Maybe the chances of success aren't very good, but there are those of us who feel we have to try. Alone, I know I don't stand a chance in any major disruption or collapse. With a group I might at least have some chance.

To those who wish us well, thank you. To those who think we are doomed to fail, do you really think it has gotten that bad? Is the government so corrupt and are Americans so evil that what we are trying to do isn't possible? If you really believe that, why are you even preparing to survive? What is out there that is worth surviving for? That's a serious question. I'd really like to know why people on a survivalist web board would think that a group of Liberty oriented individuals banding together for mutual support and preparing for disaster is somehow a bad idea.

VJ
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dukkbutt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Elude Evade Survive

Thanked 2,545 Times in 902 Posts

Lofty & romantic idea but I see it going one of two ways...scam where many put up money but it never actually comes to fruition or worse it comes to life but as a dictatorship/cult that the feds bring down like Waco.

Either way doesn't end well...

Inviting the public is inviting disaster, reserving a spot will put you on a list alright, and not just one list.....

When being a patriot puts you on a government list, its time for a new government

....now I'm on a list
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fullofit For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,736 Times in 2,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukkbutt View Post
9MMare,

I'm one of those "crazy" people who is moving to the Citadel in Idaho when I can. One of the main reasons we are posting on boards like this is to reach out to people like you who have information that could be helpful to our effort. We can't know everything but we can ask people like you who have useful information to pass it along to us. If you have any references you could share we would appreciate it.

There are many very serious problems to be overcome for a project like this to work. Maybe the chances of success aren't very good, but there are those of us who feel we have to try. Alone, I know I don't stand a chance in any major disruption or collapse. With a group I might at least have some chance.

To those who wish us well, thank you. To those who think we are doomed to fail, do you really think it has gotten that bad? Is the government so corrupt and are Americans so evil that what we are trying to do isn't possible? If you really believe that, why are you even preparing to survive? What is out there that is worth surviving for? That's a serious question. I'd really like to know why people on a survivalist web board would think that a group of Liberty oriented individuals banding together for mutual support and preparing for disaster is somehow a bad idea.

VJ
Interesting that you have first hand knowlege Duck.

How welcome will people of color be? Do you have to be a US citizen? Back in the 'Jeffersonian' days, women didnt have full rights....and we have politicians now *campaigning* on platforms that reduce women's rights and access to reproductive services. They sound positively medievel.

The tone I got from what I read was for a step back in time...in many ways....women cannot afford to relinquish a single one of the strides they've made forward anymore than gun owners can, IMO.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:21 PM
We 5 Will Survive

Thanked 14,485 Times in 5,617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukkbutt View Post

To those who wish us well, thank you. To those who think we are doomed to fail, do you really think it has gotten that bad? Is the government so corrupt and are Americans so evil that what we are trying to do isn't possible? I'd really like to know why people on a survivalist web board would think that a group of Liberty oriented individuals banding together for mutual support and preparing for disaster is somehow a bad idea.

VJ
I do wish you well and those you wish to join. To each his own the saying goes but to answer about the government being so corrupt.

I don't think it's a bad idea per say, alot of us would like to be in a group but when you get together alot of people and and put it on a website the government automatically put you in it's sights and think you're up to no good. They can't have that.

I will not be surprised if we don't hear something in a few years about how these members did something illegal and the government will send in troops to take care of you "evil people." I fear you will be another Ruby Ridge or even a possible Waco.

And yes for those of you who will argue about Waco. I can't remember the head guy's name, he was what I would consider pure evil but the way it was handled and all those children killed is what i'm getting at.

Good luck
I have a group for those of us who like to prospect or mine for gold. Whether it be the person who just prospects with a pan, uses a metal detector or the person who has a giant trommel. Everyone's Welcome!
www.survivalistboards.com/group.php?groupid=370
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Rhodesia WAS Nice...

Thanked 4,071 Times in 1,774 Posts

Best of luck to you, however... Things and people change, even in utopia. Met Jim Jones once in SF, seemed like a nice enough guy who genuinely wanted to help people. Once that plane landed in South America, it all went sideways. Glad no one I knew was on it...
The Following User Says Thank You to SnakeRanch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Hiker

Simply owning a condo once drove me nuts. Nightmare!

I can see how there might be some advantages if it all goes as planned, but I don't think I have the right personality for group living/intentional communities.

I also think 9mm's point about women is dead on. The last thing I would want would be to have thrown everything I own into a group situation where a bunch of guys call the shots and tell me how it is going to be. No thanks!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to awka For This Useful Post: