Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Urban Survival
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here

Old 09-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Watchin tha world go by

Thanked 8,823 Times in 3,566 Posts

Advertise Here

heres a few references fer ya

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...ghlight=caches

Old 09-27-2008, 08:51 AM

They have "burial tubes" for sale at Cheaper Than Dirt they're listed at $80.00 a pop, more than I want to spend. Anyway a guy has the identical tubes for sale on ebay for$15.00 + shipping. If you go there look up HARDIGG Hard Storage/Shipping Container TUBE ~ Military.
I ordered and just received 3 of em yesterday. They are very nice and well worth the money. I highly recommend them. Also quick delivery and shipping was fast.

I have no connection to the guy selling these things, Im just passing along what I think is a great deal.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:37 PM

You could simply use pelican boxes. They are weather proof, very durable and come in a vast array of sizes. I wouldn't grease them, but give everything a heavy coat of automotive oil, place them in the box and then place a large container of descant in the box to absorb any residual moisture. If the seals on the box and the descant works as its supposed to, the excess oil wouldnt really be necessary, but just as a precaution it would be a good idea.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 PM

Default just my .02

one thing people forget about when talking about stashing firearms is that little piece of paper you filled out when you bought it fom your freind at the gunshop
if he feds dont already know what and when you bought it its a simple trip for them to the gunshop for a records inspection
if you dont think it dont or wont happen you obviosly dont realy know anyone who owns a shop
most of my toys have been inherited (hell i dont know who dad sold it to) ...or grandpa or uncle mike or whover and noticed i said inheritade as in upon their passing
what are they going to do arrest a dead guy
even if you buy it used and you fill out a recipt you better be able to produce it or a recipt for it saying who you sold it to
so before you "lose it "you better make sure you never had it to begin with
oh by the way i got hold of some spray on preservative that drys like cosmoline had it on a shotgun and a .22 rifle wrapped in pressnseal and hevy foil in a ammo tube in the garage for 2 yrs
cleaned them with brake cleaner and they work just fine
like i said just my .02
stay safe gunman
Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman View Post
one thing people forget about when talking about stashing firearms is that little piece of paper you filled out when you bought it fom your freind at the gunshop
if he feds dont already know what and when you bought it its a simple trip for them to the gunshop for a records inspection
if you dont think it dont or wont happen you obviosly dont realy know anyone who owns a shop
most of my toys have been inherited (hell i dont know who dad sold it to) ...or grandpa or uncle mike or whover and noticed i said inheritade as in upon their passing
what are they going to do arrest a dead guy
even if you buy it used and you fill out a recipt you better be able to produce it or a recipt for it saying who you sold it to
so before you "lose it "you better make sure you never had it to begin with
oh by the way i got hold of some spray on preservative that drys like cosmoline had it on a shotgun and a .22 rifle wrapped in pressnseal and hevy foil in a ammo tube in the garage for 2 yrs
cleaned them with brake cleaner and they work just fine
like i said just my .02
stay safe gunman
BUT... There is no law that requires you to report it to the feds if you "loose" your firearms.

"Im sorry Officer, when I heard you all were confiscating weapons, I went out on my boat and dumped them all. I would rather them rust away than for you to get them."

Meanwhile they would be safely buried somewhere deep in the desert floor just like Hoffa.

Nothing they would be able to do unless they found your cache or caught you with them at that point.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:06 PM
medicine man

pvc pipe does work(make shure its sealed good on each end), also i had an old book from the 70's about "caching" where they took thier supplies, put them in a cooler and then covered the whole thing in fiberglass resin and buried it. guess it'd work but you'd have a helluva time gettin back in it! also, suggestion from an old article on guns, post an ad for "guns for sale" or "gun collection for sale", clip it from the paperand keep a copy for your records. When people call just tell'em you sold em allready. when the "goverment enfrocers" show up, tell em you sold them and use the ad to back it up. also on storin guns, vaseline is a close cousin to cosmoline - which is what you see smeared on most of these surplus guns that have been in long term storage. vaseline is just more refined. dunno about know but you used to be able to get a small plastic tub of the stuff from the dollar store.
The Following User Says Thank You to lpn_fish For This Useful Post: