Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 08-11-2012, 04:01 PM

Post Taking advantage of a freebie: Swagbucks.com

Advertise Here

I'm finally back home from college and other stuff, and the first thing my father tells me to do is fix the fence. What a great home-coming.

Well anyway, before I get back into the Texas heat, I wanted to post something about Swagbucks. Unlike other of those "get paid to" sites that just mine your information or make you do surveys for trivial cash, this one's just a search engine. As a college kid on a tight budget eating ramen noodles and such, I use this for "prep cash".

How it works:

1. Sign-up for Swagbucks. If you would like to help me out, you can use my referral link to sign up, here. If not, just go to swagbucks.com

2. Search like you would any other search engine (like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.)

3. Periodically you get rewarded with a random number of Swagbucks for searching. While it isn't much, it eventually builds up over time. I get enough for a $5 Amazon gift card every 1 and a half week, which costs 450 Swagbucks. It's better than nothing.

4. There are other ways to earn Swagbucks, like surveys or coupons. Personally, I don't recommend the surveys since they're too lengthy. You get 10 Swagbucks for every coupon you print and redeem at the store. There are also codes that they post randomly throughout the day. I use the blog "Sbcodez.com" to see if there's a current code.

It's pretty much free money, as you're bound to use a search engine and you might as well get rewarded for doing it.

Well, time to go fix the rest of the fence. And then paint it. And seal it. And reinforce stuff.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SplattingPigeons For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,578 Times in 2,791 Posts

My Wife and Son do Swagbucks. Both have received some cool stuff. Wife got some jewelry and a pasta machine. Son gets gift cards. It works and we don't get spammed.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:17 PM

By the way, if anyone needs my help (referral or not) just shoot me a PM or post on this thread. I'd be happy to assist you.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:48 PM

Sorry for the double post. Just got a $5 Amazon Gift Card, what should I spend it on?
Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 PM
King of Nido

Thanked 1,978 Times in 908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplattingPigeons View Post

It's pretty much free money, as you're bound to use a search engine and you might as well get rewarded for doing it.
No its not. You are allowing them to make a profit selling your search results, and allowing them to spy on you for very little reward. I am glad it works for you, but I'm gonna pass on you shilling of this "free" money offer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wombat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
No its not. You are allowing them to make a profit selling your search results, and allowing them to spy on you for very little reward. I am glad it works for you, but I'm gonna pass on you shilling of this "free" money offer.
They use your search results to display ads to you, kind of like what Facebook does. However, if you have AdBlock Plus, you can block all of these ads. Every other search engine does this also, so why not get a measly reward rather than nothing?
Old 08-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,578 Times in 2,791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplattingPigeons View Post
They use your search results to display ads to you, kind of like what Facebook does. However, if you have AdBlock Plus, you can block all of these ads. Every other search engine does this also, so why not get a measly reward rather than nothing?
That... and my family uses a proxy and "misleading" personal information.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTShawn View Post
That... and my family uses a proxy and "misleading" personal information.
Yeah, I just have an add-on that changes my IP to random places in the US.

I decided to buy a LMF Firesteel Scout (the old one). It's coming through the mail. One is none, two is one!