Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 07-03-2012, 12:39 AM

Default Do not do business with Tactical4less.com

Advertise Here

I saw this "company" on gunbroker.com and liked the look of their Aluminum 1911 Tactical grips. Before ordering them I sent an email making sure they would fit a Taurus 1911 (since they have an extra piece on the safety). I was assured they would work so I ordered a pair. Well, when I got them in the mail they did not work on my Taurus. I sent 2 emails and after 2 months they finally got back to me. They could not understand why their grips did not work on a Taurus. I had to send them my factory grips back with their grips. After another two months I had to email and ask about my order. I was told my box was supposed to be sent a while ago, but was lost under their car seat..... Yeah right. When I got the grips back they still did not work, even though they had my original grips as a template. I immediately sent back their grips and asked for a refund or grips that work. After 4 months I finally called them and left several voicemails and sent several emails. So far nothing back and it has been over 6 months. I have conceded that I am out the $85.00 and I don't want anyone else to be suckered by this "company". Every other 1911 grip manufacture knew that Taurus grips needed special manufacturing. As a positive note I did order from photonengraving.com and they were fantastic.

Sorry for the rant but I am ****ed at this company and hope no one else does business with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to prossey187 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,097 Times in 420 Posts

first of all - its not your Taurus thats the problem. its not special or peculiar in any way. what you have is an ambidextrious safety which require the grips to be relieved for the grips to work. many if not all upgraded 1911's (non GI pattern models) have these and there are many grips cut for the ambi safety.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,274 Posts

call your state atty's office...
Old 07-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,293 Times in 4,145 Posts

I ordered some custom grips from photonengraving and was extremely pleased with their customer service, communication and product. I highly recommend them.