Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 06-09-2012, 03:40 PM

Default Gun confiscation in America?

Advertise Here

http://www.reuters.com/article/polit...59E0Q920091015
Old 06-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Prepared

I wonder what ever became of this? I remember reading about it a couple of years ago (which, by the way, is how old the linked article is)

DL
The Following User Says Thank You to 1924TBucket For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Wolf in a dog's world

Thanked 2,614 Times in 903 Posts

The firearms industry is one of the largest industries in this country. No one is coming for your guns.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:17 PM

Just putting it out there to see if anyone knows anything more about this.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:29 PM
I sell US Military MRE's

Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,486 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwan23 View Post
The firearms industry is one of the largest industries in this country. No one is coming for your guns.
Antwan, I see your point but I would say they are coming after us in the form of California bullet buttons, banning hi cap mags, no ammo sales in certain areas, no open carry or CCW's, etc. They go where they can. Another reason to get Obama and his anti-gun cronies out of office.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NHP1127 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 05:30 PM

Don't think it will ever happen, but if it did Thomas Jefferson's quote about bleedy the tree of liberty would happen.. I can see the Democrats try to tax the ammunition sales though the roof.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 101stgrunt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Prepared

I'm more worried firearm restrictions then just overall confiscation. Because of the second amendment which is a founding part of our bill of rights i can't see any legal government actually taking guns away from the people.

What i worry about is right now they are trying to ban assault rifles. Ok, maybe that passes. Then 20 years down the road they say, "you know, nobody really needs 50 cal weapons, thats over kill, lets move to ban those too". Alright fine. 20 more years go buy and they say, there is no reason to have anything larger than 40 cal. 9mm and smaller is all that is really necessary for anyone to protect themselves. Ok... 20 more years pass, "actually hand guns seem to be the majority of most crime out there, lets ban those too in order to stop gang violence, people can still use rifles and shotguns to protect their home".

Before you know it, a 100 years from now we still have the second amendment allowing us to have guns but the only guns available to civilians are 22 bolt action rifles. They never confiscated a single gun, they simply just choked the supply line of what you can legally get.

Even though banning assault weapons might make some sense to some people, i'm completely against it not for what it is... but for what it could lead to. A gun ban cannot happen, however trickery like this would probably already be occurring today if not for organizations like the NRA.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Goop For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Wolf in a dog's world

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHP1127 View Post
Antwan, I see your point but I would say they are coming after us in the form of California bullet buttons, banning hi cap mags, no ammo sales in certain areas, no open carry or CCW's, etc. They go where they can. Another reason to get Obama and his anti-gun cronies out of office.
That has nothing to do with Obama, his administration or the white house. That's all state legislature. California has all ways sucked when it has came to gun laws and a lot of other things. What you are talking about has been going on waaaaay before the Obama era.

Here in Oklahoma our gun rights are being expanded. We will be allowed to open carry in November.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,252 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
That has nothing to do with Obama, his administration or the white house. That's all state legislature. California has all ways sucked when it has came to gun laws and a lot of other things. What you are talking about has been going on waaaaay before the Obama era.

Here in Oklahoma our gun rights are being returned. We will be allowed to open carry in November.
Fixed it for you.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gumbydood For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Be Prepared

Thanked 1,392 Times in 568 Posts

I'm not an American but I have heard stories of how guns have been taken from law biding people in an emergency. If the shtf government goons could go door to door looking for your guns. Others have strongly disagreed with me on this point saying that there are too many guns and too many doors to kick in but it has happened in localized areas in the not too distant past.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stillar For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,696 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillar View Post
I'm not an American but I have heard stories of how guns have been taken from law biding people in an emergency. If the shtf government goons could go door to door looking for your guns. Others have strongly disagreed with me on this point saying that there are too many guns and too many doors to kick in but it has happened in localized areas in the not too distant past.
Americans are the most heavily armed people on the planet. There aren't enough goons to do a total confiscation, and once word got out it would go very poorly.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pragmatist For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I sell US Military MRE's

Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,486 Posts

Quote:

Here in Oklahoma our gun rights are being expanded. We will be allowed to open carry in November.
I understand Kali politics, I've lived here all my life. Ask any of our Gun organizations how they rate OBAMA and his liberal backers on gun rights. Look at his Illinios / Chicago record and who he gets support from. You think the Obama admin supports what is going on in your state of OK? Have you heard of Fast and Furious and what its intent was? You really going to say Obama is a supporter of the 2nd amendment?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NHP1127 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 08:04 PM

I guarantee you that Obama, if given a second term, will make some sort of a move,however big or small, on either the types of guns(assault rifles/handguns) that civilians can own or on the attainment process of all guns(making it much harder to buy a new gun). He and the rest of the democrats simply do not care about our rights, just look at their entirely unconstitutional 'affordable healthcare act'.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to John1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 1,528 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisl0we View Post
Are you aware this article is from 2009?

This is soooo old news. Obama has supported this treaty since he was a senator.

They won't even bring it up for a vote in the senate because they know it has no chance in hell of ever passing. And being an election year, don't count on Obama pushing the point.

I'm not saying there is nothing to worry about, but this issue is not high on anyone's radar, at least not anyone outside the Tin Foil Hat Patrol.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:06 PM

And gun state-wide gun confiscation is possible. Look at what happened in Bosnia.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John1991 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Wolf in a dog's world

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHP1127 View Post
I understand Kali politics, I've lived here all my life. Ask any of our Gun organizations how they rate OBAMA and his liberal backers on gun rights. Look at his Illinios / Chicago record and who he gets support from. You think the Obama admin supports what is going on in your state of OK? Have you heard of Fast and Furious and what its intent was? You really going to say Obama is a supporter of the 2nd amendment?
I haven't seen Obama take any stance on gun rights. We haven't seen him come down with one hint of changing gun laws. NONE. Which means what? You still have your freedom and guns. You can still walk into a gun store and buy an AK47 and 5000 rounds of ammo. Ive seen what fear mongerers said about fast and furious yes. It doesn't matter what he thinks or anybody else thinks if there is no action.

What good has worrying about it gotten you? When I joined the prepping community, I stressed over all the hype of my freedoms being stripped, then I reflected on my life. I've not had one liberty stripped from me, that I didn't have 4 years ago.

You still have your freedoms, you are still able to gripe about them on a forum.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 97,096 Times in 31,862 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Alright folks, this flood of gun related posts in the disaster preparedness section needs to stop. There are firearms forums on this site for these threads. Thanks.
Folks, when starting a thread, please take a moment and consider which forum that thread belongs in. Disaster Preparedness is for disaster preparedness discussions only. There are forums for gun posts, news, politics, general discussion, etc. Please try to start threads in the right forum. This makes the site better for all of us. Thanks.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:25 PM
An Awesome Dude

Thanked 3,226 Times in 1,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwan23
When the elite decide to go,THEY WILL DISARM EVERYONE THEY CAN SO THEY HAVE AS LITTLE RESISTANCE AS POSSIBLE,believe you me!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dude111 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Wolf in a dog's world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
When the elite decide to go,THEY WILL DISARM EVERYONE THEY CAN SO THEY HAVE AS LITTLE RESISTANCE AS POSSIBLE,believe you me!
To do what exactly?
Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen Obama take any stance on gun rights.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1
The Following User Says Thank You to John1991 For This Useful Post: