Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 06-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Prepared

Default Ive got a problem..

Advertise Here

I just cant seem to pass up a good deal on a firearm!! Even if I dont need it and the price is right, I buy it. Found a guy today selling a like new Gen3 G17 with 6 factory mags and Blackhawk Serpa Holster for $425!! Now I have 3 G17's. What the eff does someone need 3 G17's for?!?! Im gonna have to grow another friggin hand!!

Anyone else have this "problem"?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterFister For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 AM
Watching, Waiting....

Thanked 2,506 Times in 830 Posts

Saying you have problem is like someone saying they have a problem with sex because they want it all day every day....Nope. You don't have a gun problem you, like most of us here have a firearm fetish. Run out of money and that firearm fetish will turn itself into a Gun shop "Is that the new....can I see that one?" firearm stalker.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Still here. For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 02:33 AM
Fringe Element

Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,397 Posts

You clearly have a severe obsessive-compulsive disorder, and the only cure is to just
give away your extra firearms to me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Savinkov For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 02:47 AM
Prepared

I guess someones gotta do it, and that person should probably be me.. Id hate to see those guns get into the wrong hands
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterFister For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Prepared

Its amazing how much stuff one can accumulate over the years. I have multiples of a few firearms and would have a hard time passing up a good deal even if I have absolutely no need for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to GramercyRiff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Have gun,will travel

Thanked 6,668 Times in 2,615 Posts

You are not alone. I have more firearms than I would care to admit on a public forum, but I still find some deals irresistible. Your deal on that G17 would qualify as irresistable...
The Following User Says Thank You to *Paladin* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 03:24 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
Its amazing how much stuff one can accumulate over the years. I have multiples of a few firearms and would have a hard time passing up a good deal even if I have absolutely no need for it.
Wait youre allowed to have guns in Joysey??!
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterFister For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 03:29 AM
it is what it is

Thanked 3,623 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterFister View Post
I just cant seem to pass up a good deal on a firearm!! Even if I dont need it and the price is right, I buy it. Found a guy today selling a like new Gen3 G17 with 6 factory mags and Blackhawk Serpa Holster for $425!! Now I have 3 G17's. What the eff does someone need 3 G17's for?!?! Im gonna have to grow another friggin hand!!

Anyone else have this "problem"?
my problem is no matter how many guns i have.i always need 1 more.

back up your back up,always a good plan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9mmParabellum For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 04:41 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,965 Times in 1,701 Posts

I like having duplicates.
If you ever become an NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, you will have spare guns for your students to use.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drobs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 05:54 AM
5--4--3--2--1

You're not in trouble until you actually have an a plan to sneak them in the house. Then it's time for Re-hab.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Verkalak For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verkalak View Post
You're not in trouble until you actually have an a plan to sneak them in the house. Then it's time for Re-hab.
Oh its still sitting in my truck, waiting for the other half to go to work ...

When I bought my PM9 a couple months back I snuck it in in a taco bell bag.. yeah i got problems
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterFister For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Father of 11 husband of 1

Thanked 6,321 Times in 3,003 Posts

you could always sell a few.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Trapper

Thanked 2,006 Times in 552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge912 View Post
Blasphemy....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Revelation For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Father of 11 husband of 1

Thanked 6,321 Times in 3,003 Posts

@Revelation: When I run across a really good deal I usually pick it up, tune it, play with it and then pass it along. Sometimes something really cool hits the safe so I move something else along. It's just stuff.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,554 Times in 2,702 Posts

Misterfister: Did not check your age but you did identify your self as a "junion". Do you have guns you have not shot? Do you have guns you have not shot in a year? When you are older, you will wish you had the money you WASTED on extra guns you don't use and don't need. I wish I had the money back I blew on guns to spend on other stuff like kids education, retirement or even just on stuff like a new boat or a nice hunting trip.

Try to think about it this way, you have 24 hours to pack your gear and leave your house by foot forever. What do you carry? What do you take? WHAT DO YOU LEAVE BEHIND?

Most of us survivalist types figure the ideal arsenal is 1 shotgun, 1 .22 rifle, 1 handgun and 1 hunting or military caliber rifle, (or one of each). THAT's IT. After this its all excess. Pick up the weight set or gym membership or motorcycle, or food or savings or stuff you NEED, and forget what you WANT. Add to that a good suit, a good pair of boots, a good watch, good raingear, a good set of golf clubs and a good bike before you go nuts on guns you don't need or even use. Good luck.

One of my happiest days was when I sold off my EXTRAS to a local gun store. I actually feel better knowing I am very good with what I have left.
The Following User Says Thank You to KaBar67 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 01:55 PM

Hello, My name is Teddy and I am a gunoholic...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goldsmithy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 02:08 PM
III%

Thanked 26,552 Times in 3,362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge912 View Post
Now if you took this advice, then you'd have a problem.

There is no such thing as "too many" guns.

I have a few that haven't been shot in years, all family heirlooms, then I have those that see regular range time.

It's all about having the right tool for the job.

I guess if I ever see a rabid herd of elephants, that .375 H&H will finally come in handy.........
Old 06-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Hiker

Never tried the G17/Taco Bell carrying system! How do you clean them all without the other half asking "is that new"? I usually tell her it's a beater and will trade up to ...

I look forward to the all girl tupperware gigs, and baby showers, and consider it a free day for guns and ammo! I repack BOBs, sharpen knives, clean guns, and go to the range.

Would a clean, KFC box be okay to bring in a new pistol?
The Following User Says Thank You to LtScott14 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 PM
it is what it is

Thanked 3,623 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBar67 View Post
Misterfister: Did not check your age but you did identify your self as a "junion". Do you have guns you have not shot? Do you have guns you have not shot in a year? When you are older, you will wish you had the money you WASTED on extra guns you don't use and don't need. I wish I had the money back I blew on guns to spend on other stuff like kids education, retirement or even just on stuff like a new boat or a nice hunting trip.

Try to think about it this way, you have 24 hours to pack your gear and leave your house by foot forever. What do you carry? What do you take? WHAT DO YOU LEAVE BEHIND?

Most of us survivalist types figure the ideal arsenal is 1 shotgun, 1 .22 rifle, 1 handgun and 1 hunting or military caliber rifle, (or one of each). THAT's IT. After this its all excess. Pick up the weight set or gym membership or motorcycle, or food or savings or stuff you NEED, and forget what you WANT. Add to that a good suit, a good pair of boots, a good watch, good raingear, a good set of golf clubs and a good bike before you go nuts on guns you don't need or even use. Good luck.

One of my happiest days was when I sold off my EXTRAS to a local gun store. I actually feel better knowing I am very good with what I have left.
i wish i had all the guns i sold over the years(except the davis,jennings,bryco crap from the 90s).they are worth 50%-300% more now.not many things hold their value like guns do.btw boats are the worst investment ever

i was wrong even the pos raven is worth over 100% more now days,just seen 1 for 125$ on armslist...
The Following User Says Thank You to 9mmParabellum For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBar67 View Post
Misterfister: Did not check your age but you did identify your self as a "junion". Im 34, not too sure what a "junion" is Do you have guns you have not shot? I shoot them all Do you have guns you have not shot in a year? Nope When you are older, you will wish you had the money you WASTED on extra guns you don't use and don't need. Its my hobby, I dont consider it wasting money I wish I had the money back I blew on guns to spend on other stuff like kids education, retirement or even just on stuff like a new boat or a nice hunting trip. No kids, boat is an AWFUL investment, and I got all the land I need to hunt around here

Try to think about it this way, you have 24 hours to pack your gear and leave your house by foot forever. What do you carry? What do you take? WHAT DO YOU LEAVE BEHIND? Im not really a tin foil hat wearer, I still like to enjoy normal day to day life. If the time comes when I really need to get the heck out of dodge, I will worry about it then. Then it really wont matter whats left behind.

Most of us survivalist types figure the ideal arsenal is 1 shotgun, 1 .22 rifle, 1 handgun and 1 hunting or military caliber rifle, (or one of each). Covered THAT's IT. After this its all excess. Pick up the weight set or gym membership Covered or motorcycle Had one, sold it. The roads in FL SUCK, or food Covered or savings or stuff you NEED, and forget what you WANT. Add to that a good suit How about some new board shorts?, a good pair of boots Covered, a good watch Covered, good raingear Covered, a good set of golf clubs Golf is lame, I fish and a good bike Covered before you go nuts on guns you don't need or even use. Good luck.

One of my happiest days was when I sold off my EXTRAS to a local gun store. I actually feel better knowing I am very good with what I have left. To each their own
Thanks for the advice