Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival gear buy, sell, trade and reviews section > Reviews and questions
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 05-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,315 Times in 572 Posts
Default Beware of United Outdoors!

Advertise Here

So I'm browsing ebay, enjoying myself. When what to my wondering eyes should appear but an ATI Dragunov stock for an SKS, new. Eh, what the heck, I'll toss in a bid. 99 cents plus 6 bucks for shipping. What can it hurt? I win the auction.
"Yesssss", says I to myself, if I like it, great, the adjustable cheek piece might get me a better cheek weld. If I don't like it I can turn it around.

I pay. Promptly as I always do.

I get a note, "Our shipping department noticed the item was damaged, we're not shipping, we're cancelling your order BUT, when we get 'em back in stock you can have one for the price of the auction."

Ok, I say to myself, that's fine, I'm patient. I do, deep down, not believe the "damaged" claim, methinks they don't want to sell said item for a buck.

Several days later there I am, browsing ebay. Yup, said stock back in a listing only now it's a 'buy it now' for 60 bucks.

I drop them a line, "sell me yon stock for what you promised. Send me an invoice for the 99 cents plus shipping and I'll pay promptly."

They reply, "buy it now, we'll work out a refund..."

I say to myself, "self, wanna gamble?"

I hit the buy it now button.

Message pops up, "You're not allowed to bid with this seller."

I go back at them, ask that they unblock me and inquire as to why they blocked me in the first place, I was polite and all I asked them to do was honor the contract they entered when they listed the damned thing.

No reply.

I send another note, "tell ya what, I'll meet you half way, that's fair, I get a deal, you at least break even, everyone's happy."

No reply.

I give up, they can keep said stock, in fact can use it for purposes for which it wasn't intended for all I care.

My word to the wise, ladies and gents, is that if they're that sleazy (this is NOT a hobbyist seller by any means) when it comes to something like this, what kind of business are they running? Just a heads up, caveat emptor.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bobbers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Hey ya'll, watch this....

Thanked 1,085 Times in 280 Posts

Did you file a complaint with eBay? If not, you should. Not sure how much good it will do, but it might be worth it to get them in eBay's sights. Also, did you leve neg feedback for the first transaction?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kjohn1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Trapper

I bought a holster from them. I originally bid on a Blackhawk sportster thinking it was a blackhawk cqc. I contacted them and cancelled the order. I then place an order for a cqc and did the buy it now option. I ended up paying more and received a Blackhawk sportster anyway. I contacted them and they cleared it up right away. I doubt that I would buy anything from them again, but they did me right by all counts
Old 05-04-2012, 09:39 AM

Thank you for the info. They will not get any of my business.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn1 View Post
Did you file a complaint with eBay? If not, you should. Not sure how much good it will do, but it might be worth it to get them in eBay's sights. Also, did you leve neg feedback for the first transaction?
I actually did leave negative feedback, yeah. Not worth much but it needed to be said.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Hunter

Quote:
I actually did leave negative feedback, yeah. Not worth much but it needed to be said.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 95,431 Times in 31,498 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
That's exactly what I would do. They can read the messages between the buyer and seller and see what happened. They're good about forcing unscrupulous dealers to keep their word or leave.
Folks, when starting a thread, please take a moment and consider which forum that thread belongs in. Disaster Preparedness is for disaster preparedness discussions only. There are forums for gun posts, news, politics, general discussion, etc. Please try to start threads in the right forum. This makes the site better for all of us. Thanks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Eaglescout for Life

Thanked 5,120 Times in 1,263 Posts

It's their own damn fault for not putting a reserve price on the item. Thanks for the info, I wont buy anything from them
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Bush Walker

Thanked 4,953 Times in 1,827 Posts

ive bought about 15 items from them this past month alone - some big ticket items, some not - never ever had a problem with them
Old 05-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHER View Post
ive bought about 15 items from them this past month alone - some big ticket items, some not - never ever had a problem with them
I'm glad someone has had decent service from them, seriously, as you can see, I haven't, and it's their weasel approach to doing the right thing that bugs me. If they'd own up to the deal, eh, it'd be fine.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 95,431 Times in 31,498 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbers View Post
I'm glad someone has had decent service from them, seriously, as you can see, I haven't, and it's their weasel approach to doing the right thing that bugs me. If they'd own up to the deal, eh, it'd be fine.
I don't blame you for being upset. I had a similar experience where I won an item for a super cheap price. The dealer claimed the item was broken and refunded my money. If he had relisted the item, I would have gone off. I watched for months, suspecting the same thing as you did.

In my case he didn't relist it. But since your dealer did, I don't blame you a bit for being ****ed. It's time to contact Ebay and have them force him to make good on his auction contract.
Folks, when starting a thread, please take a moment and consider which forum that thread belongs in. Disaster Preparedness is for disaster preparedness discussions only. There are forums for gun posts, news, politics, general discussion, etc. Please try to start threads in the right forum. This makes the site better for all of us. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Hiker

I've never experienced any kind of problem with them...but that's probably because I've never ordered anything from them.

And having read this thread, I won't...

Sometimes, in issues like this, coming on out and telling others about it is both a good way to gig them for their incompetence or worse, and at the same time, alert others so they don't make the same mistake.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunbill View Post
I've never experienced any kind of problem with them...but that's probably because I've never ordered anything from them.

And having read this thread, I won't...

Sometimes, in issues like this, coming on out and telling others about it is both a good way to gig them for their incompetence or worse, and at the same time, alert others so they don't make the same mistake.
I'm always happy to share good experiences I have with vendors, products, etc. I think that's one of the real benefits of this forum. I know I appreciate reading about others great deals or experiences and like to contribute mine to the mix.

At the same time, when vendors don't measure up I think it's equally as important to issue a "watch out". We all work hard for our money, being treated in a less than ethical way should be shared. And, for the record, every bit of my original post was factual and, I trust, not overly hyped. I'm not a "oh woe is me, the sky is falling, pity my victimization", I can live without what I won. United Outdoors, however, shouldn't be rewarded with silence for acting as they have in my opinion.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Human bean of planet Urf

Thanked 2,872 Times in 1,467 Posts

So you're on here whining because he wouldn't let you rip him off?

You know, at one time, folks would be on here bragging about *not* ripping someone off. Now, we get freaks whining because a store wouldn't give them an item at a mistaken price....or bragging about how they ripped some newbie off for such and such....or how the cashier gave them too much change back....or someone complaining because someone was dirtier than they were.

My dad would have kicked my ass if he heard I was trying to rip someone off. He would have kicked it even harder a second time if he heard me whining about not being able to rip someone off. From your posts in this one thread, I'm guessing your dad wouldn't have. So which are you going to pass on to *your* kid?

Him with a decent stock at a decent price....or *you*. You want to ask me again who I'll beware of ever dealing with?

r
Old 05-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Firefighter Hazmat ops

I had a similar thing happen with a mouse I bought from beach camera. They said it was new. I took the front traction pad off to clean it and it had the Initials JC carved into it. The mouse was acting up so i told them about it, they said so what.

Thanks for the info.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by randkl View Post

You know, at one time, folks would be on here bragging about *not* ripping someone off. Now, we get freaks whining because a store wouldn't give them an item at a mistaken price....or bragging about how they ripped some newbie off for such and such....or how the cashier gave them too much change back....or someone complaining because someone was dirtier than they were.

My dad would have kicked my ass if he heard I was trying to rip someone off. He would have kicked it even harder a second time if he heard me whining about not being able to rip someone off. From your posts in this one thread, I'm guessing your dad wouldn't have. So which are you going to pass on to *your* kid?

Him with a decent stock at a decent price....or *you*. You want to ask me again who I'll beware of ever dealing with?

r
See this I guess would be were my dad and yours would of been different if it was my store, my dad would of kicked my ass for not honoring the price that I/he set. Mistake or not the owner set the price. Im sorry your dad would have beat you for not standing up for your rights or bypassing a smoking deal. What my father would of been more ****ed off is that what seem like to be a lie to a customer.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Harp For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 PM
With all due respect....

Thanked 4,950 Times in 1,273 Posts

That's a really sleazy thing to do...

I am a seller on ebay too, and whenever I put something up for sale I usually set it at .99 cents and let it rip from there. Some people have paid (I think) more than what it's worth, and then other people got some AWESOME deals. It's hard letting something go at a low low price, but hey, it's an auction, gotta take the risks when you're selling an item at an auction, and most importantly you have to keep your word.

I've seen their auctions before, but yea, they just lost my business.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tap Water For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 AM

Default EBAY & United Outdoors

Good to know, searching for United Outdoors "OFF" of EBAY to spend a little over $520 with and this popped up. So, you cost them some money here. I will take my money elsewhere now as I have had some dealings with my own "SCUMBAGS" on EBAY myself. Same Scenario. And it would have done you no good to file a complaint with EBAY, because they deal with issues like a bunch of incompetent imbeciles who are ready for their next doghnut break. They are money hungry for fees, and fees are paid by sellers. That's who they protect. Fortunately most sellers are good. If you actually sell on EBAY and pay those "ALWAYS SKYROCKETING" fees you know what I mean. Then on top of that you "HAVE" to pay through PAYPAL so they get you again. Efficient aren't they? I won an item a month ago from a seller "jodon823712" at a pretty good price. FREE SHIPPING & INSURANCE! BIG letters in the listing. When I tried to pay, outrageous shipping, handling, and insurance charges had been added into the invoice. I messaged the nitwit numerous times with no response and finally got a response of "Just drop it and don't worry about paying for the item at all. I have already sold it to someone else anyway." I then told him I wanted the item, only to get vulgar messages sent back in response. So I called EBAY and walked them through all of it online including his messages. They told me not to pay for the item, leave negative feedback, and file a complaint so the issues would be recorded on his seller's record. So, I did. And waited forever for a response. Unfortunately EBAY did respond. They ruled in favor of the seller, deleted my negative feedback from his profile because "I never paid for the item", yet allowed him to post derogatory feedback on me for "non-payment" without deleting it. I called them back, went through it again - was told to appeal it. So, I did. Fourth grade reading level, lined it all out as in a court case including copying and pasting EBAY's own posted rules throughout the narrative at the five times they were broken including the BREACH OF CONTRACT by the seller. Same stupid response - word for word on the appeal. After doing what THEY asked me to do for THEIR company. And taking 7 days to respond when they say 48 hours just makes it all the worse. So, since then. 48 game cameras @ $159 each = $7,632 48 camlock [email protected]= $1,680 Horton Fury Crossbow = $749 AND I CAN GO ON. $10,061 that EBAY and PAYPAL will NOT be seeing one red cent off of. I will do without it if EBAY is the only place to get it. Thinking about letting my lawyer create them some havoc on this one as well as the seller, just because they both need it....
Old 07-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Jus' a bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by randkl View Post

r
Do you get paid for your pseudo professional trollery, or is it just for fun?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ralioth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 05:32 PM

Default No problems at all with them

I have purchased from them off of EBAY and have had 100% perfect experience. Prices were excellent, items were exactly as described, shipped immediately. I have no reason not to deal with them in the future.