Survivalist Forum banner
13K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Nefarious1 
#1 ·
Anyone compared the quantity and taste between Augasson and mountain house?

Thank you

#4 ·
I cannot answer your direct question, but I went with Augason Farms because they offer smaller "everyday size" cans of most of their products. I ordered several to taste-test before committing to a large quantity. Most of the everyday size cans are under $10.00.

Everything I tried except the cheese powder was good enough to warrant buying the larger sizes. The potato soup and chili mix was especially yummy. The cheese powder is a bright orange gelatinous goo with no flavor, basically the same stuff that comes in boxed mac n' cheese. It was ok when mixed in with other dishes, but I will not get more once my supply is gone.

Augason Farms service and shipping is A+

I suggest you take the leap, place a small order for whichever brand seems to fit your needs, and try them for yourself.

Funny you started this topic because just today I ordered more small cans for sampling from AF! I'll post a review when I've tried them.

#7 ·
I was in Costco the other day and they now carry the Augason Farms "One Month Pack" for $149.00, which is $55 less than what it's selling for on the AF website! I will absolutely go pick some up next payday.

It must be a sign of the times. Costco has been selling storage/emergency food online for years but this is the first time I've seen it in my local store.

I hope this means people are starting to grab a clue.

#8 ·
I live in Canada. Anyone know a Canadian source for Augasson Farms stuff? I have heard it is good, but don't get it up here. Would love to try it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.