Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 04-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Survivalist

Default Survival Kit Belt

Advertise Here

Hey guys, thought I would share this little survival pack thing I put together and have used for a fair while.

Basically, I have a surplus pistol belt, ABS Hard Sheath for a 7" K-Bar mounted with about 3 metres of 550 Paracord on the small of my back. Attached is a little pack containing:

Eye Bath, Swiss Army Knife, Flint Tool, Slingshot Elastic, Water Purifying Tablets, 4 12g and 8 .22 Magnums. Saline, Band aids, hand sanitiser, signalling mirror, compass, bandanna, 2m gladwrap (all folded up). Pressure bandange, isopropyl wipes and lots of other little medical bits and pieces.

Basically I wear this when day hiking if I don't take any other gear or when I am hunting (I keep more supplies in my vehicle).

Any of you guys have little pocket sized packs you like to have just in case? I use lots of things in my pack when I use it, then restock when I get home.

I know its very small and simple, but its light weight, effective and very easy to carry. Perfect if you happened to get lost or injured while off the grid for short periods of time and would definitely be better than nothing if I was put in the situation where I would need to survive for 72 hours or more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cayne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Rocket Surgeon

Thanked 21,150 Times in 8,491 Posts

I still have the belt kit I used when riding off road motorcycles. It contained all the emergency items I thought I would need if I broke down several miles from nowhere. It had your standard items like first aid , firestarters, flashlight, water tabs, etc, along with repair items like tie wire, snap ties, and electrical tape. I had a separate tool kit attached to the front fender.
I use the belt now for hiking but have added a couple of pouches for my Sig mags. I never go hiking in wilderness country without a gun!
The Following User Says Thank You to rokitman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokitman View Post
I still have the belt kit I used when riding off road motorcycles. It contained all the emergency items I thought I would need if I broke down several miles from nowhere. It had your standard items like first aid , firestarters, flashlight, water tabs, etc, along with repair items like tie wire, snap ties, and electrical tape. I had a separate tool kit attached to the front fender.
I use the belt now for hiking but have added a couple of pouches for my Sig mags. I never go hiking in wilderness country without a gun!
Nice one mate

I also ride and have a tool kit under my seat
You had your tool kit attached to your front fender? Weird, do you have pictures of how its attached? I don't think I have ever seen a kit on a fender. I have a tool roll that attaches to my tree or between the bars, sits neat as and is very easy to access when I need it.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Chaos Inc.

Thanked 23,326 Times in 6,633 Posts

on my pistol belt I carry-
PSK- fire making, mylar blanket, water purification tabs, multi tool, knife, fishing kit, compass, 550 cord, flash light, minor first aid supplies (IFAK and such are on plate carrier).

Kabar

Sig 226, with 2 spare mags

Welcome to reality......It's not immigration it's an invasion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc_Shane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayne View Post
Nice one mate

I also ride and have a tool kit under my seat
You had your tool kit attached to your front fender? Weird, do you have pictures of how its attached? I don't think I have ever seen a kit on a fender. I have a tool roll that attaches to my tree or between the bars, sits neat as and is very easy to access when I need it.
You can get the tool pouch and attachment at most motorcycle shops. The base bolts on the top of the fender and then the pouch is held to it by straps.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:59 PM

I have what I call my "flea market" bag that I carry all the time whether at a flea market or not. It is a 5.11 with a Kershaw military boot knife strapped to the back and containing the following:

Kel-Tec .380 w/ 3 loaded mags.
Whistle
150 Lumen tacticle flashlight
Voice recorder
Minor first aid kit w/ tourniquet
Pens and paper
Calculator
Cash and a few small denomination gold coins
Gram scale
precious metals test acid (has other uses)
Small amount of para cord.
Medications like aspirin, cold-eze, eye-drops, etc.
Large paper clips and clamps

I fell that this will take care of my needs for 2 days in order to get home in a bad situations.

Weight is an important consideration in this pack, buy if any of you have any suggestions, I sure would appreciate them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goldsmithy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsmithy View Post
I have what I call my "flea market" bag that I carry all the time whether at a flea market or not. It is a 5.11 with a Kershaw military boot knife strapped to the back and containing the following:

Kel-Tec .380 w/ 3 loaded mags.
Whistle
150 Lumen tacticle flashlight
Voice recorder
Minor first aid kit w/ tourniquet
Pens and paper
Calculator
Cash and a few small denomination gold coins
Gram scale
precious metals test acid (has other uses)
Small amount of para cord.
Medications like aspirin, cold-eze, eye-drops, etc.
Large paper clips and clamps

I fell that this will take care of my needs for 2 days in order to get home in a bad situations.

Weight is an important consideration in this pack, buy if any of you have any suggestions, I sure would appreciate them.
Nice kit, but why do you need a voice recorder? And are you a PM dealer?
Old 04-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Kibitzer

Thanked 3,326 Times in 2,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayne View Post
Attached is a little pack
Any of you guys have little pocket sized packs you like to have just in case?
What kind of little pack?
A buttpack?
Ammo pouch?
IFAK pouch?
If you're talking about a PSK or Altoids kit, there's several threads about them.
Some folk call their PSK their EDC.
My camp belt PSK is a USMC M1961 ammo pouch with a plastic fishing box stuffed with goodies and a Snus tin with two tea light candles and matches in it.
My EDC is a fanny pack stuffed with goodies.

http://www.vietnamgear.com/kit.aspx?kit=90

Old 04-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Kibitzer

Thanked 3,326 Times in 2,039 Posts

It's been over a week, was it too tough a question?

Are ya on a walky?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltjr1951 View Post
It's been over a week, was it too tough a question?

Are ya on a walky?
Hahah hey mate, sorry for the late reply. Sort of on walky haha. Been moving house and not really been on the computer much at all.

Its a IFAK pouch attached to my pistol belt. Jam packed it with little usful things. I like it because I never remove it from my belt with the knife on it. It lives in my wardrobe, ready to be grabbed at any given moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cayne For This Useful Post: