Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 PM

Default Need tent information

Advertise Here

Has anyone seen a review or personally bought this yet? It's the Koppen Hamr 3-person tent.

I think they just started manufacturing it along with their 2-person tent. They only make the two.

I currently have a Eureka Zeus 2 Classic tent, but am looking for another.

http://www.koppenoutdoor.com/product...-12283374.html
Old 04-13-2012, 11:26 AM

Default Koppen Hamr tent

I'm also interested in reviews if anybody has purchased and used this 3p tent. Did you get one by chance?
The Following User Says Thank You to neutrino For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2012, 11:20 PM
The Polar Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neohdawg View Post
I currently have a Eureka Zeus 2 Classic tent, but am looking for another.
I went on a mountain bike trip with a friend who had another Koppen. We had a big storm on day 4 with some nasty gusts of wind, which ripped 3 of the attachment points along the middle pole. Also, the fly is sewn in a way that you can't pull it tight enough to prevent it from touching the inner mesh, which caused annoying leaks.

I would say that your Eureka is much better than this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pat Tellier For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 01:06 AM

Look into getting a water-proof hammock with a rain fly. That way, you're above ground, and protected from bugs/water
Old 04-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Trapper

I don't think any hammocks are waterproof. That would greatly impede breathability. The tarp is what imparts rain protection.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:36 AM

Default Thanks Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Tellier View Post
I went on a mountain bike trip with a friend who had another Koppen. We had a big storm on day 4 with some nasty gusts of wind, which ripped 3 of the attachment points along the middle pole. Also, the fly is sewn in a way that you can't pull it tight enough to prevent it from touching the inner mesh, which caused annoying leaks.

I would say that your Eureka is much better than this.
Thanks Pat. But if his was a different model, then how do we know the Hamr is built the same way? I'm not saying it's better, but I need to find out for sure.

My Eureka is a great tent, but now with my growing son, it's too small when we go together. And condensation is terrible in the tent if camping in cold weather.

I still haven't seen any reviews specifically on the Hamr 3 person.