Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Books, Movies & Stories
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 03-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Prepared

Default best gun magazine?

Advertise Here

Looking for the best overall gun magazine that covers new rifles and pistols as I am starting a job at a firearm retailer and would like to subscribe to something to help keep up on all the new stuff coming out. Any suggestions?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:44 PM

guns magazine i would say for both.i like combat handguns and american handgunner for pistols and revolvers.even american rifleman does reviews on new guns but not with the quanity you are looking for.good luck
Old 03-30-2012, 06:46 AM

Try Gun-Tests.com Their tests are comparison type with two to five at a time.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,580 Times in 1,523 Posts

Subscribe to U-Tuber "Gunblast" good info.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Prepared

appreciate the suggestions thanks
Old 04-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Juvenile Member

Thanked 2,612 Times in 454 Posts

The glossy, monthly gun rags are good for seeing what's coming to market. They have two major problems:
1) The lead time, usually three months between when stuff gets written and when the actual magazine hits the stands.
2) They review guns from makers who also buy advertising. If they hammer a gun, guess what happens to the ad revenue? You're going to notice sooner or later that every gun review you read is basically a rehashed press release. Your customers deserve better.

Check out Michael Banes' blog. Also check out the gun blogs and start going through their blogrolls (the links to other gunbloggers). Start with Say Uncle (No, I'm not him, nor is my blog listed there. I'm into Enfields).
The Following User Says Thank You to sabretech2001 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretech2001 View Post
The glossy, monthly gun rags are good for seeing what's coming to market. They have two major problems:
1) The lead time, usually three months between when stuff gets written and when the actual magazine hits the stands.
2) They review guns from makers who also buy advertising. If they hammer a gun, guess what happens to the ad revenue? You're going to notice sooner or later that every gun review you read is basically a rehashed press release. Your customers deserve better.

Check out Michael Banes' blog. Also check out the gun blogs and start going through their blogrolls (the links to other gunbloggers). Start with Say Uncle (No, I'm not him, nor is my blog listed there. I'm into Enfields).
good point thank you!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:51 PM

Thumbs up

I have not read any gun magazines for quite a while, but the best information seemed to be in Small Arms Review, which has now gone to being a Quarterly publication in printed format.

See -

http://www.smallarmsoftheworld.com/d...idarticles=365

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Small-...ne/86956952456

When I come across them at well stocked news stands (including some Barnes & Noble stores) I enjoy Combat & Survival Magazine from the UK,
http://www.combatandsurvival.com/

And, the very aptly titled periodical from France called "Raids" (also a quarterly). There used to be an English language edition of Raids, but I am not sure if it's still around.

http://raids.histoireetcollections.com/en/

There are a ton of international magazines around that aren't real easy to find, but are way superior to any of the mass market US based gun magazines.