Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Polls and Surveys
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here
View Poll Results: Do you know a child with autism? If so, was that child breastfed?
Yes - the child was breastfed 23 41.82%
No - the child was not breastfed 32 58.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Recent Blog: Good guy with a gun
Forum Administrator

Thanked 32,638 Times in 6,802 Posts
Default Autism and breastfeeding

Advertise Here

I am wondering if Autism is related to a lack of proper nutrition in the developing brain.

Do you know a child with autism? If so, was that child breastfed? The children that I know that have some form of autism, neither one as breastfed.
The Following User Says Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2008, 12:34 AM

very interesting..

there are arguments for each side. I know a few families with autistic children and they are equally divided. Interesting to note: twins. One is autistic, one is not.. and you see this with both "long term, exclusive" breastfeeding and bottle.

if formulas lack certain acid supplements ('doco something' and another o can't remember) med studies have proven an increase in autism

the diet of the mom and their worries about weight gain, lack of prenatal vitamins

genetic.

On a side note, I breastfed 3 single births, and twins. I am well aware of the bond it creates with warm, physical, closeness, and the emotional comfort. Having said that, I feel if a child is autistic from any cause.. breastfeeding will help with the emotional, physical bond that plagues many autistic children thus possibly giving the child a better chance. imo.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:28 AM
*** Forgives, I don't

Thanked 2,041 Times in 657 Posts

I believe that all the vaccinnes have something to do with it. Too many drugs introduced into a small body to quick.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rridgeoutlaw For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2008, 04:09 AM
Aquaholic

Thanked 3,516 Times in 1,384 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

the vaccine link to autism is a result of a mercury based preservative in the vaccines named thimerosal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to badkarma For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2008, 06:49 AM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Thanked 32,935 Times in 12,711 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
I am wondering if Autism is related to a lack of proper nutrition in the developing brain.

Do you know a child with autism? If so, was that child breastfed? The children that I know that have some form of autism, neither one as breastfed.
I've read and heard that autism can be directly connected to the toxic vaccinations babies get at birth. There was a big law suit over this very issue recently. The parents won the case.

**Edit** I just noticed after posting that others have read what I have read.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Sundown dazzling day

Thanked 13,510 Times in 6,062 Posts

I know a lot of people with milder autism and they all were breastfed.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,866 Times in 2,090 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Post 

A major concession on the part of the US government has gone largely unmentioned in the popular press. The U.S. government has concluded that childhood vaccines contributed to symptoms of autism in 9-year-old Hannah Poling. This recent admission was in response to one of three test cases that allege the mercury-containing vaccine preservative thimerosal caused autism in children.

According to the case, the child was developing normally and in good health until her 18-month well-baby visit, where she received vaccinations for nine diseases, two of which contained thimerosal. Within 48 hours of the shots, Hannah became sick, refused to walk, and could not sleep through the night. Within three months, she began showing signs of autism.
http://www.foroptimalhealth.com/inde...d=175&Itemid=8
Old 08-15-2008, 10:33 AM
I travel light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rridgeoutlaw View Post
I believe that all the vaccinnes have something to do with it. Too many drugs introduced into a small body to quick.
hey, watch out there, vaccinnes are drugs? I though they were made from the same disease itīs supposed to combat, for the organism itself generates antibodies. Are there vaccinnes that are chemicals, thatīs drugs by definition? Hardly...please someone explain this to us ignorants.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:37 AM
AFDQ

Thanked 1,465 Times in 554 Posts

I have 5 children, all breast fed, all perfectly healty...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thewall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,866 Times in 2,090 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Post 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg5791 View Post
hey, watch out there, vaccinnes are drugs? I though they were made from the same disease itīs supposed to combat, for the organism itself generates antibodies. Are there vaccinnes that are chemicals, thatīs drugs by definition? Hardly...please someone explain this to us ignorants.

"Drugs" may have been the wrong term, but I believe what he was saying is correct. It's everything else that's in a vaccine that is dangerous. Ammonium sulfate, Monosodium glutamate, aluminum, formaldehyde, polysorbate 80, mercury, phenol/phenoxyethanol, etc..

When you pump a tiny child with all this there's bound to be some adverse reactions, effecting some more than others.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Displaced Texan

the ONLY autistic human I know is now a teenager. Was NOT breastfed...and takes medication twice a day. He eats everything in sight- has this really wierd need to make up lies and be a real grand-stander.
One of my son's friends. We almost dread him coming over. His Mother will sit and talk for hours on what a struggle he is- how much milk he drinks in a week....and the fact that he likes to "lick the television screen"
He's on the swim team, and unbeaten in freestyle & butterfly. Connection????
Old 08-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,262 Posts

I honestly dont understand what Autism is. For all the publicity it gets these days, it is still a mystery to me.

Kind of reminds me of people that get diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Anyone can claim to have it, there is no test for it and you can have any number of different unrelated symptoms.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Just use a 2x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
the vaccine link to autism is a result of a mercury based preservative in the vaccines named thimerosal.
Most of that's been removed from the vaccines and the Autism rates are continuing to rise.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosesInWinter For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Just use a 2x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg5791 View Post

The thimerosol was a preservative.

And the vaccines ARE made from the same disease, but tend to be grouped together, like the MMR vaccine.

Chances are slim to none that you'd ever be exposed to measles, mumps, and rubella ALL at the same time.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Just use a 2x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post

Kev, I teach kids with Autism. I've never asked about breastfeeding, but I HAVE noticed that it tends to run in families. If one member has it, you start looking around and someone else has it...
The Following User Says Thank You to RosesInWinter For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Sundown dazzling day

Thanked 13,510 Times in 6,062 Posts

Quote:
I honestly dont understand what Autism is. For all the publicity it gets these days, it is still a mystery to me.

Kind of reminds me of people that get diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Anyone can claim to have it, there is no test for it and you can have any number of different unrelated symptoms.
Autism is very real. But it is a spectrum condition and there will always be a fight about whom to render as normal and who gets a label. If you really want to know what autism is I can inform you. And fibro seems pretty real too if you ask me. I have a similar condition to fibro that was also seem as "nothing", but now there are clinical tests for it and it came up as a very real thing...
Old 08-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosesInWinter View Post
Kev, I teach kids with Autism. I've never asked about breastfeeding, but I HAVE noticed that it tends to run in families. If one member has it, you start looking around and someone else has it...
Autism rates started to climb in the 1930s - just a few decades after the baby bottle and formula was introduced.

I am wondering if autism has a number of contributing factors. But - most conditions are related to poor nutrition. So what happens when a developing brain is deprived of proper nutrition? A few years ago breast feeding rates reached their lowest point in all of recorded history. As breastfeeding rates were going down, autism rates were going up.

The good news, breastfeeding rates are going up. If there is a link, autism rates will start going down. But only time will tell.

Keep in mind, I am not talking about breastfeeding for a few days, or a couple of weeks. I guess I should have posted a time limit on the breastfeeding. Some mothers say they breastfed and only did it for a few weeks or a month.

So out of the children that were breastfed and do have autism, how long did they breastfeed? A few days do not count in this poll. Were the children really breastfed, or where they mainly bottle fed and justa little breast milk?

If you have a question about the forum, please post it in this section.
General questions sent through private messages will be ignored.

Last edited by kev; 08-23-2008 at 09:43 PM..
Old 08-23-2008, 10:22 PM
I drink your milkshake!

From what I have researched, Autism has started to skyrocket at a rate consistent with the increased level of diagnostic capability. IE: It is likely that it has been relatively flat at the same general %, but the standard of what get diagnosed is getting wider; thus increasing what is getting classified as autistic. Previously, milder forms may have been misdiagnosed.

As to the vaccination angle, Thimerosal has not been used in childhood vaccinations since before 2003, and yet the "statistics" still show rising cases of early childhood autism.

The breastfeeding angle is a good one, as is genetics.

I had a very lengthy response to this topic posted here: http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...927#post113927

Feel free to read and comments, if you care to, are appreciated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Forum Administrator

As for diagnostics - I know 2 children that have been diagnosed with autism, and I do not remember a single person in my school acting like these children do.

Unlike attention deficit that can be misdiagnosed, these autism children display unique physical manifestations of their condition. Its like the wiring in their head is not finished and all the lights are not on.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 PM
PPG flyer

Thanked 3,070 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosesInWinter View Post
Most of that's been removed from the vaccines and the Autism rates are continuing to rise.
Mercury has in fact been increased in vaccines,don't
believe the lies.