Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 02-04-2012, 08:35 AM

Default Are FEMA Camps real?

Advertise Here

Are FEMA camps real? I read a lot on many forums and sites that they are in fact real, but their purpose seems to be what is the mystery. I read everything from housing for people after natural disasters, detention centers for prisoners of war. All kinds of theories. I would really like to read what you all know about the FEMA camps.

A few months back I was made aware of this.
http://static.infowars.com/2011/12/i...al/kbr-doc.pdf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetVelocity For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,413 Posts

Yes, they're real. The problem is that with the exception of those willing to publicly talk about them, like Alex Jones, you're not going to find anything out there about them that hasn't been censored to hell and back. So, we don't know much more about them than what has been put out by those few who are willing to take the risk.

But, yes, they're out there and very real. They have yet to be put into use, though.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LaciRich For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Blue in a Red state

Thanked 22,647 Times in 7,793 Posts

Might want to read here:
http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=204983
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2012, 04:38 PM
The end is,,,,,

Thanked 8,816 Times in 3,795 Posts

Dig into Agenda 21.
The Following User Says Thank You to cleatis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 08:22 PM

May I ask if any of you have been to the site of a Nationally Declared Disaster? Have any of you actually worked large scale disaster response with state and federal emergency offices??? It takes them a week to set up a temporary command center. If you have worked under them then I doubt you would be so threatened by FEMA. Since 9/11 FEMA is now under the department of Homeland Security. A vast majority of its resources have been allocated to the law enforcement division of catching and preventing terrorism and as a result has slashed FEMA's ability to respond to even the simplest natural disaster. In all reality, FEMA is a growing more impotent and never was as powerful as so many FOOLISHLY believe. The FEMA camps that most people talk about are staging areas were FEMA trailers, mobile facilities and housing is stored "in theater." These resources are moved to locations in need after disasters. Remember the horror stories of the FEMA trailers after Katrina? Perhaps there are evil plans at work by a sinister shadow government as some believe but it is not FEMA. The extent of FEMA's actual authority is to "require" local governments to develop plans to mitigate future similar disasters so they do not reoccur. Local governments do not even have to follow the recommendations if they do not want to. By following FEMA's requirements, the state and local government and thus the population become eligible for future federal funding if a disaster were to reoccur. Its about preventing large scale disasters in the future. Why cant a Federal Agency have emergency evacuation plans for certain areas and save peoples lives for long-term disasters such as a Nuclear detonation of a major city. Assume that a bomb were to be detonated over a major city, millions may be killed but millions more would be homeless and need to be evacuated. Where do you put them? Do you wait until the disaster happens to figure this out, or do you try and develop an answer to the potential problem? Think about it, that is what this entire survivalist/prepper mentality comes from. Being prepared.

I think conspiracies are fun but really consider how a conspiracy works and you will see that they usually involve a limited number of players that "die-off." How is it possible for the federal govt or even a federal agency like DHS/FEMA can keep such a large plan a relative secret? All talks on Agenda 21 and MOST of the claims made on the subject by some people are easily debunked. Its Occams Razor.

Maybe some secret sect of the govt does have these evil plans but it is laughable that it would be FEMA. The more you dig, the more real facts you will have to dismiss in order to let a majority of the FEMA conspiracies actually work. I think FEMA fear is ridiculous but that is just me. but hey, what ever floats your boat......
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sempervigilaro For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,141 Times in 1,314 Posts

That sounds legit but things could change over night and YOUR definition of the camps could be all wrong. The DHS sent out a report a couple months ago to prepare for a large influx of illegals, which will need to be processed and housed. The camps I read some where are to be used for this. The reality I believe the camps can and be used for anything the man in charge feels the need for maybe even housing some Americans that will not need a trail or lawyer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Catfish11 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Bad Moon Rising

Thanked 10,223 Times in 3,180 Posts

I think it's probably true that the camps could be used for different purposes. On the other hand, there are a lot of different purposes that would still be legit - such as, for example, decontamination facilities in the event of a nuclear 9/11 attack, or makeshift hospitals and morgues in the event of some sort of airborne contagion or influenza pandemic.

The other thing to consider, not that I am an apologist for FEMA, is that ever since Hurricane Katrina and their abysmal performance they've been seeking to be able to better respond to national disasters.

You can find a great deal about their planning on (wiki and) different government websites such as these:

www.fema.gov/pdf/emergency/nrf/nrf-core.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Response_Plan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...onse_Framework

www.gao.gov/new.items/d08369.pdf

First, realize it's a no-win situation. No matter what you do, you will be criticized afterwards for something or other.

Second, in a disaster FEMA must house and feed a small to medium sized city worth of people. This not only entails setting up MRE distribution, but also everything from cots and blankets to porta-johns and TP. God forbid anyone should show up with some food or bottled water - you need to assume the sheeple will simply appear and start bleating.

Then there will be those on meds, or OFF their meds, or on drugs, or OFF their drugs, or violent because of alcohol or mental illness, and who pose a threat to either children or the elderly. There will be some with their pets. There will be some who come armed, or who try to bring drugs into the shelter area. There will be some who are gang members - who by the way hate others who are also gang members but from another gang.

In short, you will have all the problems that any city has, including the fact that you are often treating the most fragile and non-self-sustaining members of that society, with all the liability and responsibility that entails for the duration of the disaster event.

If anyone gets hurt, or raped, or worse, its your fault. If someone has a medical emergency, its your fault. If someone is stoned on drugs and harms someone else, its your fault. But you are trying to house and feed all these knuckleheads who failed to provide for themselves, who are all crammed in together in tight quarters, and you are trying to do so while respecting people's dignity, their sense of self-worth, and while dealing with their myriad individual and unique problems.

How do you do all that? How would YOU try to manage all that?

You set up a camp and you try to control access and behavior as best you can, to be able to manage the various problems and crises that are bound to happen when you have an entire displaced population that has been traumatized. You attempt to provide security, medical attention, food and water, showers and hygiene facilities, and all sorts of response to all sorts of crises - including the tremendous angst and hysteria surrounding the death or disappearance of loved ones and the terrible not-knowing where your children are or how they are that many of the survivors will endure.

I've no doubt that FEMA camps exist - and they exist for this purpose. To temporarily house citizens who have displaced by a hurricane or other natural disaster, or an act of terrorism. How else is any federal entity going to try to deal with such a large group - particularly with the spectre of Hurricane Katrina hanging over their heads. Remember the head of FEMA (Mike Brown) was fired about a week into Katrina, and the rest of the senior management didn't exactly experience career-enhancing success either. They want to avoid a repeat of that humiliation.

And for those who want to complain about the rugged accommodations, (and the photos of some of these places have been posted online in various sites,) they should compare these FEMA camps with places like FOB Tillman or FOB Robinson in Afghanistan, where our troops are quartered in much more spartan accommodations.

People can always see conspiracy in things the government is doing, but ask yourself simple questions. It was the mayor of New Orleans that ordered the city evacuated in 2005. If the entire city of New Orleans was forced to evacuate in 2012, and they all had to go somewhere, and it was YOUR responsibility to house and feed them all, and keep them safe (mostly from one another) and reasonably sober for the duration, how would YOU do it?

You'd probably set up a refugee camp that would look a whole lot like a FEMA camp.

Or a bunch of them, to keep the population density down to a controllable level.

It's just a hunch.

YMMV.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grotius For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 10:07 PM
VA / NC

Thanked 14,452 Times in 5,771 Posts

There are many things that grab my attention such as economic failure, super bugs, riots, gang activity, even violence from sleeper cells, but FEMA Camps are not even on my radar.

The government can't remove all the illegals in this country. What would make one think they can lock the hoards of citizens up?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to East Coast Woods For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,352 Times in 1,576 Posts

NO! The pictures used have been debunked, It's all BS. FEMA does exist and they do have plans to respond to disasters.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:14 PM

Besides all that think of this: This US gov't had hell putting trailers in New Orleans.Imagine if they were trying to herd millions into any "camp". It would be impossible for those "crats".
The Following User Says Thank You to powerglide For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawind View Post
NO! The pictures used have been debunked, It's all BS. FEMA does exist and they do have plans to respond to disasters.

They are preparing for Americans who refuse to give up their freedom. They even write tyranny into law right in front of your face yet you still cannot see it?

http://history.howstuffworks.com/wor...ment-camp3.htm

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...793&context=va

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...-act-now-what/
Old 02-06-2012, 04:53 AM
WHITE POWER

Gubermint couldn't find it's A$$ if it had both hands in it's back pocket.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tonyclark For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Idiot Savant x Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Woods View Post
There are many things that grab my attention such as economic failure, super bugs, riots, gang activity, even violence from sleeper cells, but FEMA Camps are not even on my radar.

The government can't remove all the illegals in this country. What would make one think they can lock the hoards of citizens up?
I really doubt preppers would even be on the list. The people that didn't prep will end up being the looters and the threat to society.

If both the people and the Government wanted illegals removed it wouldn't be very hard to tighten up our borders, sweep towns and export almost all of them. Too much money, votes, business and family ties would be at stake so the issue becomes too complicated to do it in full force. Instead, build a crappy fence and don't fix the holes in it.

The US is 300 million strong. Even if these camps existed they could only hold a very tiny portion of the population.

If the Government mandated evacuations, survivors, rioters, looters, public threats or whatever into FEMA camps for whatever reason. Short of a collapse of our Government, Police and Military. It would probably be successful until the camps hit capacity.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:03 AM

I've read about the FEMA camps and seen all the conspiracy theories and videos by Alex Jones...that guy is a joke on certain subjects...He sees a conspiracy in his bowl of cereal.

i think the camps are indeed preparation for any disaster that could happen. I remember the video with Alex Jones when he sees all the coffins and freaks out. Wht do you expect? I mean, they do need to deal with a disaster that could happen like another Katrina.

I think the camps could be wrongfully used in case of war like they did to the Japanese born US citizens in World War 2, but I think the real reason these are created is to be prepared for any possible threat, not because theyre planning some evil scheme.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mermaniel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 04:41 PM

It's for both natural disasters and also for fear I think.

If people believe they will be used like Japanese interment camps then they'd tow the line a little more.

There is the possibility they could end up using them as such, of course.

I think it's safe to assume most people here believe economic collapse could come any year now and with the passing of things like the ndaa it seems something of a possibility that the excessive force that has been authorized could be used to coral people into FEMA camps.

After all the FEMA camps arent exactly being set up in ideal weather disaster locations.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Prepared

FEMA should consider a sort of "Open House" with some regularity at all camp locations. I remember clearly marked Civil Defense sites when I was a kid. Nobody freaked out. The camps today have such an air of secrecy that one must wonder what's being hidden and why.
The way corporate government has behaved, it is really hard to imagine any real common good as intent.
The Following User Says Thank You to hypervel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2012, 05:10 PM
cleaning crew

Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,459 Posts

its meant for people who didn't take their medicine or flu vaccination. need to quarantine them to keep the public safe.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,738 Times in 1,788 Posts

What I read before they started building the camps, was that they were basically created to be used in the event of a catastrophy, where foreign immigration could conceivably come across the borders in the millions. At least that is what I read of the reasoning and justification presented to congress for the funding.

There are some merits to that logic, in the event of any major worldwide catastrophy or cataclysm there could be mass migration to the most technologically advanced countries.

The timing of it caught my attention, because they were also doing a very large study nationwide of the expected effects of massive earthquake activity and what effects could be expected in each region. I found that interesting...

In the event of a major catastrophic event on the north american continent, I could see us being inundated by people from Mexico, I could also see a need to deal with the US population as well.

When you look at the pictures of the major earthquakes and tsunami devastation and whatnot, one of the things you seem to see without fail is a large degree of lawlesness added to an already volatile situation.

If the government were to suspect the possibility of some kind of catastrophic event in the near future or even a decade or two from now would it not make sense for them to try and prepare for situations that would surely arise.

I would not wish to be in any presidents shoes after a major catastrophy, nothing you would do will ever be enough.

If they start carting people off to camps I will get pretty concerned, until then I am not particularly concerned, I can see where it is quite possibly exactly what it is claimed to be.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I love this forum

Go to any location given by Alex Jones as a FEMA camp and tell us what you see. To save you some time: YOu won't see a damn thing.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Recent Blog: Moved to WordPress
Target Shooter

I was once in a reserve component MP unit that would have been tasked with the care of EPWs if we were activated. EPW units also handle CIs in a theater of operations.

Those of you with an interest in learning a bit of the truth should Google "FM 19-40", and read through it a bit. In there, you will learn that an EPW MP Company can set up an internment facility just about anywhere that either has a decent fence in very short order, or erect a fence and have a place built in about a day if needed. Don't need any special elaborate facilities when there are thousands of places that would work just fine with a few modifications, and you can slap one together whenever the need arises. All you really need is a big enough field, or a stadium, or even a large school.