Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Religious Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,935 Times in 753 Posts
Default Why Is Man Always Trying To Improve On God's 'Good" Creation?

Advertise Here

It amazes me how many similarities are constantly popping up in today's world where examples of the down fall of Satan, in his pride, are becoming ever more prevalent.

Bang - you're not dead! Amazing video shows bio-engineered 'bulletproof' human skin reinforced with spider silk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...led-video.html

With all the GMO's, rats growing human ears, plans to 'create' a super soldier, where is all this leading to?

Monsanto’s new seeds could be a tech dead end
http://grist.org/industrial-agricult...tech-dead-end/

http://www.topsecretwriters.com/2012...odified-foods/

bullet proof skin?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:58 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 12,015 Times in 4,576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akita View Post
It amazes me how many similarities are constantly popping up in today's world where examples of the down fall of Satan, in his pride, are becoming ever more prevalent.

Bang - you're not dead! Amazing video shows bio-engineered 'bulletproof' human skin reinforced with spider silk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...led-video.html

With all the GMO's, rats growing human ears, plans to 'create' a super soldier, where is all this leading to?

Monsanto’s new seeds could be a tech dead end
http://grist.org/industrial-agricult...tech-dead-end/

http://www.topsecretwriters.com/2012...odified-foods/

bullet proof skin?
Could be using that skin stuff to, oh I don't know, stop bullets?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 29,330 Times in 9,181 Posts

If God didn't want us to genetically modify ourselves, He wouldn't have given us genes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Human Unit View Post
If God didn't want us to genetically modify ourselves, He wouldn't have given us genes.
did you know their is only ONE animal mentioned in the bible that God compares man to? It's the ass. It's in Proverbs if you wanna look it up.

I do not think God intended for mice to grow human ears.
or for man to hear as well as a deer.

Or smell as good as a bear can.

Or for cows to be breed to produce human milk.

Or for pigs to be breed with human organs.

He told us He made everything after it's kind, and it was to produce it's kind.

Man is messing with laws of creation that we will suffer the consequences from sooner or later.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
did you know their is only ONE animal mentioned in the bible that God compares man to? It's the ass. It's in Proverbs if you wanna look it up.

I do not think God intended for mice to grow human ears.
or for man to hear as well as a deer.

Or smell as good as a bear can.

Or for cows to be breed to produce human milk.

Or for pigs to be breed with human organs.

He told us He made everything after it's kind, and it was to produce it's kind.

Man is messing with laws of creation that we will suffer the consequences from sooner or later.
The Bible was written by people who never ate a tomato. It wasn't brought over from Mesoamerica until the 15th century. Since then, it has been cultivated, selectively bred and shaped over generations into over 7500 different varieties.

Do you think God ever intended us to eat Tomatoes?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Survivor

Thanked 57,040 Times in 17,313 Posts

Quote:
The Bible was written by people who never ate a tomato. It wasn't brought over from Mesoamerica until the 15th century. Since then, it has been cultivated, selectively bred and shaped over generations into over 7500 different varieties.

yeah, but look at all the bad things that have happened since the Tomato and it's introduction in the 15th century :upsidedown

coincidence?????? I think not!

LOL
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Hiker

Well sir, I'd as leif eat tomatoes as any kind of goat, venison, lamb or other somesuch (although, a properly made Gyro is a pleasure to eat). And I reckon there was a lavish of those things in the old country, in the old days. And hummus? Grapeleaves? Makes me shiver, just thinking about them.

Call'em the good old days if you want. I'll just have me a modern bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, with a slice of american cheese tossed thereupon for good luck.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Hunter

Quote:

I don't think he ever intended for us not to eat them.

and further more, a tomatoes, did not come into being because man crossed animal dna with a humans.

And other than tomatoes being related to the nightshade family of plants, no one knows where they actually, for sure, came from. But I can just about guarantee you they didn't come from crossing roses with berries, and then crossing them some other plant with them. which ever plant they came to developed from, was still a natural plant that had to exists somewhere.

And cats are not mentioned in the bible either, but they obviously exists, as well as rockets and cars and soda pops.

There are natural barriers found throughout all of nature that prevent animals from mixing and crossing species, and the same with plants.

So, I fail to see the point in your line of reasoning.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
I don't think he ever intended for us not to eat them.

and further more, a tomatoes, did not come into being because man crossed animal dna with a humans.

And other than tomatoes being related to the nightshade family of plants, no one knows where they actually, for sure, came from. But I can just about guarantee you they didn't come from crossing roses with berries, and then crossing them some other plant with them. which ever plant they came to developed from, was still a natural plant that had to exists somewhere.

And cats are not mentioned in the bible either, but they obviously exists, as well as rockets and cars and soda pops.

There are natural barriers found throughout all of nature that prevent animals from mixing and crossing species, and the same with plants.

So, I fail to see the point in your line of reasoning.
My point of reasoning is that there are no natural barriers. If you are a Christian as you seem to be, and you ascribe to the Bible as a source of God's truth as you seem to, then supposedly, God gave us mastery over all the beasts. He intended for us to have the ability to shape nature to our purposes. And we've been doing it for thousands of years. DNA and genetic modification is simply one more tool we've developed to do what God has allowed us to do for all this time; subjugate nature to our will.

I'm neither saying that's a good thing or a bad thing. But from a Christian religious perspective, there's no real difference in God's eyes between breeding chickens with breasts so large they can barely stand on their own two legs anymore and slipping a few spider genes into your goats.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic Human Unit For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 08:24 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 25,009 Times in 7,888 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
But from a Christian religious perspective, there's no real difference in God's eyes between breeding chickens with breasts so large they can barely stand on their own two legs anymore and slipping a few spider genes into your goats.
Got Scripture?

I don't think Yeshua is too keen with mixing/mingling.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,003 Times in 1,119 Posts

We're constantly improving on the world because it contains numerous things which adversely affect our existence.

God created the smallpox germ; does that mean she intended us to have smallpox? We decided we didn't want it, and Jenner created a vaccine to stop it and personally I think the world is a better place without the disease.

God makes the weather freezing cold; does that mean she wants us to freeze to death? We built a fire and got warm.

The entire progress of civilization has been humankind doing things previously ascribed to a god.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SouthernSassy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Hunter

Quote:
My point of reasoning is that there are no natural barriers. If you are a Christian as you seem to be, and you ascribe to the Bible as a source of God's truth as you seem to, then supposedly, God gave us mastery over all the beasts. He intended for us to have the ability to shape nature to our purposes. And we've been doing it for thousands of years. DNA and genetic modification is simply one more tool we've developed to do what God has allowed us to do for all this time; subjugate nature to our will.

I'm neither saying that's a good thing or a bad thing. But from a Christian religious perspective, there's no real difference in God's eyes between breeding chickens with breasts so large they can barely stand on their own two legs anymore and slipping a few spider genes into your goats.
God commanded all animals to produce AFTER THEIR OWN KIND. Not to breed and produce all kinds of chimeras like man is doing in the laboratories.

He even said men or women who lay with dogs, or beasts were to be put to death, as well as the animal, that they were an abomination.

We were given every green herb to eat, and then the animals also. But there is nowhere God told us to change His Good creation.

But nature is full of NATURAL barriers. Elephants can't produce off spring with cows or horses. Chickens can't produce off spring with sheep. In nature, apple trees don't bear pears or strawberries. Rose bushes in nature would never produce an acorn.

and goats, by nature, will never produce spiders silk. Only man's intervention and manipulation can cause that. And evidently, now has made that possible.

And I see no scripture where God gave us the authority to do such nonsense.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by temu View Post
Got Scripture?

I don't think Yeshua is too keen with mixing/mingling.
Genesis 1:26 "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
Old 02-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Genesis 1:26 "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
whats that got to do with crossing over species to produce un-godly chimeras and un-natural species?

he gave us these for food and clothing, shelter, and for work and friendship.
he also commands us to be merciful, non-wasteful and appreciative. he gave us our brains to use our knowledge to conserve, replenish and use wisely the resources and blessings he gave us.

there is no example in the scripture where God said, hey folks, you got free reign to go improve on my creation that I've already declared is 'good and very good'.

Everything that was created has been created is done. There is nothing new under the sun.

man can not 'create' anything, by 'breathing in existence' as God did.

man is still trying to make gold out of lead. man is still trying to do what Satan tried that got Him cast out of Heaven and cast down from his station.

man is still trying to set himself up to be equal and above God.

It'll never happen.

sounds to me like you just don't really have much faith, fear of the Lord, or an understanding of His word.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Quote:
whats that got to do with crossing over species to produce un-godly chimeras and un-natural species?

he gave us these for food and clothing, shelter, and for work and friendship.
he also commands us to be merciful, non-wasteful and appreciative. he gave us our brains to use our knowledge to conserve, replenish and use wisely the resources and blessings he gave us.

there is no example in the scripture where God said, hey folks, you got free reign to go improve on my creation that I've already declared is 'good and very good'.

Everything that was created has been created is done. There is nothing new under the sun.

man can not 'create' anything, by 'breathing in existence' as God did.

man is still trying to make gold out of lead. man is still trying to do what Satan tried that got Him cast out of Heaven and cast down from his station.

man is still trying to set himself up to be equal and above God.

It'll never happen.

sounds to me like you just don't really have much faith, fear of the Lord, or an understanding of His word.
I have two of those three.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Recent Blog: Rejection
Rational Being

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,155 Posts

Alright, so next time you get sick from some sort of bacterial infection, are you not going to take antibiotics because it is "interfering" with a plan? Or if you are diagnosed with diabetes, will you not take insulin because it is "interfering" with a plan?

I'm thinking any sort of hospital visit would be bang out of order if you really want to live a good, biblical life, since X-rays, medications, stethoscopes, MRI's, ultrasounds, and antibacterial hand sanitizer is all a supposed infringement on this awesome master plan, too.

I like improvements, personally. Humans rock when it comes to making our own lives more comfortable and longer in length. What other critters can actively change their evolutionary path with technology and reasoning skills?
Old 02-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,361 Times in 3,434 Posts

Why Is Man Always Trying To Improve On God's Good Creation?

Unfortunately, like FORD, man always thinks he has a "Better Idea."
Old 02-03-2012, 01:12 PM
angel waiting

Thanked 5,592 Times in 2,079 Posts

Unfortunatley it is not possible for man to make what God created better for what God gave us was PERFECT. Too bad we came along and F*D everything up by thinking we were smarter and better.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:21 AM
Mad Man with a Box

Location: East & West TX. Somewhere between Beaumont and El Paso
Thanked 6,938 Times in 2,695 Posts

Four words......

Appeal to Nature fallacy

Carry on.