Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 01-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Semper Fi...

Default A really great way to source free survival gear, food and materials on Craigslist

Advertise Here

I posted this tip in a thread when another member was gobsmacked by my $7000 worth of free dehydrated food that I scored in the free section of Craigslist but thought that it deserved a thread of its own.

This is how I find 90% of my freebies in my area and within a few hundred miles of me in one simple search instead of going to each individual regional Craigslist page one after another.

In the last 3 months I have sources over $11,000 in gear for free or barter for items that I previously got for free which I then traded for stuff that I needed.

1) Google for "Search Tempest"
2) Type in your zip code
3) Set your travel distance maximum (how far you are willing to travel to pick it up)
4) Click "show more categories" then click "free stuff"
5) Untick the "Include ebay results"
6) In the search box type what it is that you are looking for
7) Click the search button

Alternatively, if you leave the search box empty then you can search through all the free ads in your set area in one web page OR if you happen to be looking for one particular survival gear that has eluded you locally, (Don't forget to click the "all sale/wanted" in the sub category) you can search the entire nation for that item and if it is anywhere on Craigslist it will show up as a result...

In a short while and if there is any related terms in any Craigslist ads in your defined area the results will appear. This website is awesome for searching for any items that you are looking for and makes it so easy to use one website rather than searching through hundreds of Craigslist local website pages.

I don't know how lucky you will be on a big score. Mine was purely being in the right place at the right time and being luckier than a leprechaun. It allowed me to be able to focus on other survival related kit and gear taking quite a bit of burden off my shoulders. Now if my VA doctors will be up for writing a script for a 3 month supply of reserve meds for my various conditions to allow for a backup in case the SHTF. If not I may simply take a run for the border and stock up for a years supply that way.

In any case, do check out Search Tempest regularly and you are bound to find some cool scores.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Bad Moon Rising

Thanked 10,632 Times in 3,275 Posts

Thanks for the tip.

(And Mazel Tov on the free preps!)
Old 01-30-2012, 01:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 74,916 Times in 19,207 Posts

If anyone lives near Flagler beach Florida, there is a guy selling a years worth of survival food for $350. Alpineaire brand in #10 cans. He's had the stuff since 1999. His # is 321-626-2099.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 PM

Yeah thats if you dont get robbed!!!!! Just need to be careful though here in Maryland there have been many cases of people getting robbed often but i would totally agree you can get steals on just about anything you can think of!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:17 AM

What a great search idea! Just tried it and I'm impressed.

By the way: Alpine Aire #10 cans have a shelf life of 5-10 years.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,635 Times in 3,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairSurvivalist View Post
What a great search idea! Just tried it and I'm impressed.

By the way: Alpine Aire #10 cans have a shelf life of 5-10 years.

If it's properly dehydrated, then it should be no different than any other name brands, I.E. Augason Farms or Mountain house.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:49 PM

Thanks a ton Honey Bear!!

I have already found free firewood, fill dirt, concrete, food, ........

Now, how do I thank your post twice?!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,635 Times in 3,040 Posts

Mind us asking what key words you used on a regular basis to equire such a nice prep? J
Old 02-02-2012, 01:51 PM

Thanks for sharing the website. I'm still searching for someone that wants to get rid of a bicycle in my area on craigslist.