Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Military Weapons Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here

Old 01-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Prepared

Default bushmaster arm pistol- bring it back

Advertise Here

i wish they would bring this one back.
this is the bullpup for me, yessiree.

I know that Bushmaster closed their Windham Maine factory, leaving those guys , with lots of years of experience, out of work. those guys came back as Windham Weaponry.
I am thinking of dropping them an email telling them they should bring this one back to the civilian market.
any interest from others?
http://www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/
Old 01-29-2012, 01:45 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 6,429 Times in 3,185 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

yep i actualy had one that worked some years ago, did you know that the pistol grip/trigger houseing pivoted on the barrel? it was long enough so that the butt could be shouldered but you didnt get much of a sight picture, it was a bit unrefined and not a tack driver by any means but i did enjoy owning it and later selling it for a decent price.

truth be told i like my mini draco better.......probably never sell it.
uh,...
probably.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Target Shooter

http://www.cbrps.com/Products.html
The Following User Says Thank You to cab5392 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Prepared

Call me stubbOrn but not feeling the Draco. The bushmaster was an air force piece of survival kit sup
Old 01-29-2012, 09:50 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 6,429 Times in 3,185 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisemissile View Post
Call me stubbOrn but not feeling the Draco. The bushmaster was an air force piece of survival kit sup
i think that was an idea that never got off the ground mine had no military markings what so ever.

in twenty years i have only seen two for sale,.....one was mine.

but cant blame ya for wanting one they are unique.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:57 PM
Prepared

There's a transferable one on Strumgewehr right now...

- Clint
The Following User Says Thank You to Alaskacajun For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Shangri la

Thanked 46,307 Times in 15,612 Posts

Quote:
i wish they would bring this one back.
this is the bullpup for me, yessiree.

I know that Bushmaster closed their Windham Maine factory, leaving those guys , with lots of years of experience, out of work. those guys came back as Windham Weaponry.
I am thinking of dropping them an email telling them they should bring this one back to the civilian market.
http://www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/
To be honest, it's really more an AK than a AR.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Hey I just joined up cause i saw yall talking about the arm gun. I just purchased one yesterday for 500 bucks in pretty good shape. It broke on me the first time i went shooting. Got through about 50 rounds and then it bound up on me. It didnt take long to figure out that the 2 allen heads that hold the bolt carrier to the the part on the top im gonna call the charging slide had came loose and allowed the carrier to drop in the reicever slightly.

Bear with me here im tring to explain this well. Their is a cable that runs from the trigger to where the fire control group is in the receiver. Their is a part of the fire control group that has a tab sticking up which engages a hook on the end of the cable and works the firing mechanism as you pull the trigger. I need that part.

I know its hard to picture it but im assuming most bullpups have a similar trigger mechanism. 90 percent of everything else is interchangable with ar-15 stuff and im hopeing that bullpup ar-15 have this part as well but cant find anything online about it. Any help at all would be much appreciated.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:51 PM
shottist. Brit spelling.

Thanked 7,130 Times in 3,678 Posts

Had one back in the early 1980s. If they'd had lasers of the capability they have now, I'd probably still have it. It's a neat idea, but Gwinn's execution was less than optimum from an engineering point of view. A better version would be a very good thing. What Guns, let me dig through my back files and I'll see if I can find a print of your tumbler mechanism. It shouldn't be that difficult to make.

http://www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/manual/
Old 06-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Demon of the Midwest

Thanked 6,905 Times in 2,414 Posts

My dealer has a couple I keep trying to get one from him but he won't budge.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:46 PM

luckily i managed to find the pieces that broke off. I did find a whole de mill lower for 500 online and im hopeing the dude will just sell me the fire control group from it. If not im probably gonna end up having to get creative or finding someone who is a more competant metal worker than myself take a look at it.

If i had done a more thorough inspection prior to going to the range today i probably would have found the screws were loose and wouldnt have had a problem. It seemed to digest xm193 surplus just fine till it broke.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:56 PM
shottist. Brit spelling.

Can you send me pictures of the pieces? I do gunsmithing, and can probably help you with this at least a little bit.

http://www.weapon.ge/index.php?sel=1&id=408&l=en
Old 06-02-2012, 06:18 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 9,096 Times in 4,524 Posts

That is one weird looking gun. Don't see how it could really be shouldered. Same goes for the CBRPS.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:37 PM
shottist. Brit spelling.

It wasn't designed to be shouldered. It was the original "point and shoot' gun, and it would have been a natural for fitting a laser. I'd love to build a version of this in .22 Long Rifle, and have been doing some drafting for a while. The advent of the Ruger 25 round magazine has me just about convinced.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Can you send me pictures of the pieces? I do gunsmithing, and can probably help you with this at least a little bit.

ye ill work on that some time today. I went catcfishing tonight and just got back in.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:24 AM
Target Shooter

I had one of 'em for a while in the 80's. I wasn't too impressed with it and swapped it off a gun show. Didn't care for the "feel" of it, not to mention that short barrel wasn't the best thing to be shooting .223 out of...pretty dang noisy.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:24 AM

i would like to also say that it is an early production one. The saftey is above the trigger. It seems to be built fairly well and produces one hell of a fireball and blast at the range.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post

Alright here are a few pic of the transfer bar the piece that broke off is in position just above where it needs to be attached at. I either need a new one of these or a way to reattach that small piece of metal that will hold up to a little pressure. Epoxy will not cut it im dont think it can be welded being so small.

If you look close you will also see that one of the holes the retainer pin goes through also snapped off look at the difference in the the to pics where the spring is. I also found this part in the bottom of the reciever when i took it apart. Im not sure if it broke during fireing or during disassembly but either way im at a loss for what im gonna do without a new one.

Im considering offering a bounty to anyone who can locate, fix or manufacture this part. Let me know if you need some more pics.
Attached Thumbnails
168.jpg   169.jpg  
Old 06-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Veritas Aequitas

Thanked 3,069 Times in 1,017 Posts

Quote:
Please don't! That thing is hideous. It has the horrible looks of a bullpup along with the short length...but without all of the advantages of a bullpup like a long barrel, smooth operation, and the ability to shoulder and sight it. I see no pros for that design. Awful concept.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:01 PM
American fearmaker

Thanked 19,914 Times in 6,770 Posts

Special Forces tried using the thing back in the 1970s and it kept jamming. It was originally supposed to fill a role in SF like the Uzi did for the Israeli Commandos. They finally ditched them and went strictly with the M-16 rifles and Uzis for a number of years.