Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 01-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Prepared

Default Organic food prepping?

Advertise Here

Ok heres whats up, starting this year my health insurance company is giving me a 350 dollar voucher to use for various things(gym, acupuncture, massages, and an organic food stores). I get this every year and I went to one today and blew a hundred of the 350. I bought soaps, laundry detergent, vitamins, some other foods(organic food stores ARE EXPENSIVE). I was wondering if anyone had any good long term items I could possibly grab from there or should I just stick with vitamins and such? Now this place is a mini version of your local grocery store just real expensive but I figure if I get 350 a year for it I could buy some of the more expensive prep items. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:43 PM

Organic bulk foods are not that expensive.
Wheat, rice, quinoa, spelt are cheap bulk items.
Organic pasta in bulk
Organic milk powder and egg powder are expensive, but store for a long time.

These can all be stored in 5gal buckets or vacuum sealed and stored in plastic bins.

Prepping organic is harder and more expensive, but think about this;
Most prepper food is junk, has low nutritional content compared to whole foods. In a stress situation where your body is already fighting adverse conditions, why would you want to feed it inferior fuel...unless you have to.
The Following User Says Thank You to bbear For This Useful Post: