Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 01-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Here's my safety Sir

Thanked 19,386 Times in 6,949 Posts
Default Bomb Kills Iranian Nuclear Expert

Advertise Here

Bomb Kills Iranian Nuclear Expert

Two assailants on a motorcycle attached a magnetic bomb to the car

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...104184,00.html
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming man what a ride!
Save The The Montagnard People
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madcritter For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,550 Times in 3,008 Posts

This is the second time this has occurred. By all indications, I'd say that these are some pretty sophisticated devices and wouldn't be very common from the average terrorist. I'm pretty sure there is some truth to Iran's allegations about who initiated the attack, granted, I don't care.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:52 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,002 Posts

I saw that.....I do appreciate a good hit.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Here's my safety Sir

Thanked 19,386 Times in 6,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearack View Post
This is the second time this has occurred. By all indications, I'd say that these are some pretty sophisticated devices and wouldn't be very common from the average terrorist. I'm pretty sure there is some truth to Iran's allegations about who initiated the attack, granted, I don't care.
Thats what I was thinking.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming man what a ride!
Save The The Montagnard People
Old 01-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Repeal the 17th Amendment

I know in some circles here, it's not "cool" to say this, but... like I care?

I support Israel, and if they pulled this off, then GOOD FOR THEM!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MichiganPatriot For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 4,541 Times in 1,770 Posts

Quote:
You will care when Iran rightly retaliates.

No tears shed when stuff starts blowing up in Tel Aviv. If the Israeli people don't speak out against their government instigating a war (again), then they deserve the consequences.

They aren't even killing soldiers or political leaders, they're killing scientists. What that will do is drive the other scientists deeper underground, literally and figuratively.

The right way to go about this campaign legitimately is to keep pushing the "do it (build nuclear power plant and/or nuclear weapon) honestly and openly and you have nothing to fear". Iran then will have no reason to hide what they are doing and it will be visible for all to see and inspect. Instead of promoting transparency and diplomacy, this economic and covert war is promoting secrecy and resentment, distrust and long-term simmering war.

I am still lost as to why people have an intense dislike (to the point of supporting a covert and eventually overt war) of Iran when there are so many other unsavory nations out there.

Is the reason rational?

--

I had an Iranian friend a couple years ago. He spoke freely about his government, and said that while yes there are things that have to change, the people in Iran are not unhappy or oppressed like they are in Bahrain, Syria, or North Korea. They will not cheer when tanks roll into Tehran like they did in Baghdad. He is now a structural engineer apprentice.

--

In 50 years, will you welcome China when they start exercising offensive 'world hegemony' on US soil? Killing American scientists? You have to keep perspective on what is happening. While it may be pushed as something good in the long-term, it sets precedence for the future. "If they did it to the Iranians in 2012, we can do it to them in 2075".

Very very bad long-term policy.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth View Post

No tears shed when stuff starts blowing up in Tel Aviv. If the Israeli people don't speak out against their government instigating a war (again), then they deserve the consequences.

They aren't even killing soldiers or political leaders, they're killing scientists. What that will do is drive the other scientists deeper underground, literally and figuratively.

The right way to go about this campaign legitimately is to keep pushing the "do it (build nuclear power plant and/or nuclear weapon) honestly and openly and you have nothing to fear". Iran then will have no reason to hide what they are doing and it will be visible for all to see and inspect. Instead of promoting transparency and diplomacy, this economic and covert war is promoting secrecy and resentment, distrust and long-term simmering war.

I am still lost as to why people have an intense dislike (to the point of supporting a covert and eventually overt war) of Iran when there are so many other unsavory nations out there.

Is the reason rational?

--

I had an Iranian friend a couple years ago. He spoke freely about his government, and said that while yes there are things that have to change, the people in Iran are not unhappy or oppressed like they are in Bahrain, Syria, or North Korea. They will not cheer when tanks roll into Tehran like they did in Baghdad. He is now a structural engineer apprentice.

--

In 50 years, will you welcome China when they start exercising offensive 'world hegemony' on US soil? Killing American scientists? You have to keep perspective on what is happening. While it may be pushed as something good in the long-term, it sets precedence for the future. "If they did it to the Iranians in 2012, we can do it to them in 2075".

Well that is the point...war is good for profit.

I agree pakistan has nukes and one day one of those will fall into the wrong hands believe that.....it has come very close to happening already.

And before anyone says pakistan has india as their target guess again......
Old 01-11-2012, 09:21 AM
I love this forum

What should really happen is Israel should fight this war alone.

No financial bailouts
No military bailouts

Let nations reap what they sow.

--

It is one thing to be an ally, it is quite another to get dragged into a conflict by a nation that begins the conflict knowing you will be the one bearing the brunt of the fight.

There comes a time when a nation must accept full responsibility for its own actions.

--

As far as strategy ... Will all those Iranian assets in Lebanon get 'activated' when the poop flies? How will Russia and China react, knowing that Irans oil will be diverted to Western corporations? Venezuala? North Korea, perfect moment for them to cause ruckus in their region is when the world is distracted elsewhere. Pakistan? Non-state terrorists?

If you're okay with Israel instigating open war, then you had better be okay with the consequences. If you aren't ready for more real terror attacks on US and Israeli soil, and opportune attacks on US/EU assets around the world, then saying "I don't care" about an ally instigating a war, is just juvenile warlust.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Plays best, alone

Thanked 3,243 Times in 1,580 Posts

Time for some career changes in Iran.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Palma For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 09:27 AM
I love this forum

Quote:

No financial bailouts
No military bailouts

--

It is one thing to be an ally, it is quite another to get dragged into a conflict by a nation that begins the conflict knowing you will be the one bearing the brunt of the fight.

There comes a time when a nation must accept full responsibility for its own actions.
I'm sure you are going to get flamed for being an aussie and worrying about americans. But I agree israel should reap what they sow, if they feel like opening a persian can of worms so be it, just don't drag my countrymen into it.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Beginner's Mind

Thanked 2,897 Times in 996 Posts

I always assumed that these bombs, like in the movies, were placed under the car but I'm now wondering if they don't just ride a motorcycle right next to the car, stick it on and start a 5 second fuse. How in the world would someone protect themselves against that kind of attack?

By the way, reading the article, these guys were working on building a nuclear bomb. One guy's expertise was high voltage switches for setting off a nuke. My opinion is they are a fair target. Iran says they will wipe Israel off the map and the murdered scientist were giving them the means to do just that.

If political correctness leads a person to not use all available means to protect oneself, there is something fundamentally wrong with their political correctness IMO.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jungatheart For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Survivor

Quote:

Is the reason rational?

--

--

It's a powder keg with a chain smoker as it's keeper. There is fear that Iran is already on the precipice of a nuclear weapon. I think there is urgency to delay this until more pressure can be put on the Iranian government by it's closest ally, China.

Israel knows that Iran with a nuclear weapon spells end game for their country and more then likely, a war that will cost millions of lives.

I don't need to spell it out for it's been spelled out a thousand times. The Clerics and Ahmadinejad have professed their hatred of the Israelis and have time and time threatened extermination of those people.

Iran has sponsored terrorism in Israel for YEARS. One thing that Saddam and the Mullahs of Iran did agree on, was funding terrorism throughout the country of Israel.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bearack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOG81 View Post
I'm sure you are going to get flamed for being an aussie and worrying about americans. But I agree israel should reap what they sow, if they feel like opening a persian can of worms so be it, just don't drag my countrymen into it.
Ad hominem attacks are like bugs on the windshield.

Put it this way, I would strongly and vocally object to Australia instigating a war with Indonesia or China--for whatever reason--based on the knowledge that if we start a war, America will be there obligated to have our backs.

That isn't an alliance, that is how a master treats his b-1-tch.

If Australia wanted to pick a fight with China--a Communist country and ally of North Korea--having nuclear weapons, I would say that is Australias fight, not Americas.

On the other hand, if China instigated war against Australia, that is the time to call out to allies and call in some favors.

--

Thus far, I have not seen any credible evidence that Iran is developing a nuclear weapon for offensive purposes. I assume they are since that is what I would do if I governed that country, but as we preach on this forum over and over, having a weapon does not make you bad.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Survivor

Quote:

No financial bailouts
No military bailouts

--

--

As far as strategy ... Will all those Iranian assets in Lebanon get 'activated' when the poop flies? How will Russia and China react, knowing that Irans oil will be diverted to Western corporations? Venezuala? North Korea, perfect moment for them to cause ruckus in their region is when the world is distracted elsewhere. Pakistan? Non-state terrorists?

If you're okay with Israel instigating open war, then you had better be okay with the consequences. If you aren't ready for more real terror attacks on US and Israeli soil, and opportune attacks on US/EU assets around the world, then saying "I don't care" about an ally instigating a war, is just juvenile warlust.
And by the same breath, if we let them go at it alone, we should also not critique their techniques. We should not profess they give back land they have captured, how and when they secure their own homeland and have every right to defend themselves when they feel threatened.

People bitch and moan when Israel is hit with hundreds of rockets and then retaliates. They are always betrayed as the bad guy when on each occasion, they are merely responding to an attack!

I'm not religious what so ever, but at some point, people need to realize that these people have been persecuted their entire existence. Even in defense of their homeland they are scorned.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bearack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 09:44 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
It's a powder keg with a chain smoker as it's keeper. There is fear that Iran is already on the precipice of a nuclear weapon. I think there is urgency to delay this until more pressure can be put on the Iranian government by it's closest ally, China.

Israel knows that Iran with a nuclear weapon spells end game for their country and more then likely, a war that will cost millions of lives.

I don't need to spell it out for it's been spelled out a thousand times. The Clerics and Ahmadinejad have professed their hatred of the Israelis and have time and time threatened extermination of those people.

Iran has sponsored terrorism in Israel for YEARS. One thing that Saddam and the Mullahs of Iran did agree on, was funding terrorism throughout the country of Israel.
Someone has been drinking the western media koolaid.......iran would not use a nuclear weapon on israel......north korea and pakistan are far more dangerous and unstable (right now as we speak) yet you rarely hear the media mention it. Funny how that works "propaganda"....
Old 01-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
It's a powder keg with a chain smoker as it's keeper.

That is a claim, please support it with proof. Also, the same could be said about the United States and half the countries in Europe.

There is fear that Iran is already on the precipice of a nuclear weapon. I think there is urgency to delay this until more pressure can be put on the Iranian government by it's closest ally, China.

That is a claim, please provide proof.

I have not heard them profess hatred, please provide a link or quote.

Iran has sponsored terrorism in Israel for YEARS.

Israel has assassinated a few scientists recently. Is that not terrorism? USA and Israel have financed subversive anti-government groups in Iran in the past decade, who use violence and coercion to achieve their political goals. That is the definition of financing terrorism.

One thing that Saddam and the Mullahs of Iran did agree on, was funding terrorism throughout the country of Israel.

That could be true. In any case, how will a war with Iran solve this? How will preventing them getting a nuclear weapon stop terrorists in Israel using $5 IEDs and $20 rockets?
In bold.

I hear alot of rhetoric, but never actually see anything concrete and undisputable. Support your case, so I can assess it. If your case is solid, I will acknowledge it and accept that Iran having enriched uranium is a direct threat.

A mind here is ready to be convinced.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:56 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
And by the same breath, if we let them go at it alone, we should also not critique their techniques. We should not profess they give back land they have captured, how and when they secure their own homeland and have every right to defend themselves when they feel threatened.

People bitch and moan when Israel is hit with hundreds of rockets and then retaliates. They are always betrayed as the bad guy when on each occasion, they are merely responding to an attack!

I'm not religious what so ever, but at some point, people need to realize that these people have been persecuted their entire existence. Even in defense of their homeland they are scorned.
I agree with your first paragraph. As long as they are prepared to accept the consequences on their own, then I will not criticize their means.

But, they aren't prepared to do it alone. They're doing what they're doing knowing that the USA is there as an obligatory backstop ally to do the real work.

Second paragraph regarding rockets ... Do those come from Iran? I cannot remember the last time an armed rocket was fired from Iranian soil?

Third paragraph .. I'm not religious either. Are the Israeli's really being persecuted right now? They have hundreds of nuclear devices, Iran has ... maybe almost one? And no proven delivery system? Who is the underdog again?

--

Little story:

I used to have a little dog. When I took it for walks, it used to bark and growl ferociously at all other dogs we passed by. It would pull at the leash, tugging and lunging toward the other dog while barking and snarling.

One time, the dogs collar broke while it was tugging at the leash.

When the collar broke, he stopped barking and snarling. In fact, he came back and cowered behind my leg.

I re-attached the leash, and sure enough he commenced growling, snarling, barking and pulling at the leash.

Get it?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOG81 View Post
Someone has been drinking the western media koolaid.......iran would not use a nuclear weapon on israel......north korea and pakistan are far more dangerous and unstable (right now as we speak) yet you rarely hear the media mention it. Funny how that works "propaganda"....
Come now!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bearack For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Beginner's Mind

Thanked 2,897 Times in 996 Posts

Quote:
In bold.

I hear alot of rhetoric, but never actually see anything concrete and undisputable. Support your case, so I can assess it. If your case is solid, I will acknowledge it and accept that Iran having enriched uranium is a direct threat.

A mind here is ready to be convinced.
I looked up arrogant in the dictionary.

Can they use your name like that without your permission?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jungatheart For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,318 Times in 1,724 Posts

Isn't it funny that this week the US has "saved" Iranian ships from pirates and Iranian sailors from a boat that was sinking and now Israel is using bombs to kill the Iranian scientist. Preemptive goodwill work before the strike, a good alibi what say you?