Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Farming, Gardening & Homesteading
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Farming, Gardening & Homesteading Country lifestyle, homesteading and living off the grid.

Advertise Here

Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Commonsensehomestead

Default Simon's Choice High Performance Dog Food

Advertise Here

I just wanted to share some information. I have been meaning to bring it up but it always slips my mind. I had to buy dog food today and my local feed store carries this brand of dog food. It is made here in Missouri. What I like about it is that it is 26% protein and the ingredients list doesn't start out with corn. The great thing is it is $20 for a 50lb bag. They have a maintenance and puppy mix too. I don't have any stock in the company so don't give me the stink eye. I just wanted to pass along a quality economical alternative to a lot of foods out there. I had to learn my lesson about dog food. I used to buy the cheapest I could find and I noticed it did not last any time at all and my dogs looked rough. However if I bought the higher quality feed, they ate less and best of all their poop was smaller. Their coats looked great as well. Here is their facebook page that talks about the specifics of the dog food. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simons...071264?sk=info
Old 01-07-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon";3629793]I just wanted to share some information. I have been meaning to bring it up but it always slips my mind. I had to buy dog food today and my local feed store carries this brand of dog food. It is made here in Missouri. What I like about it is that it is 26% protein and the ingredients list doesn't start out with corn. The great thing is it is $20 for a 50lb bag. They have a maintenance and puppy mix too. I don't have any stock in the company so don't give me the stink eye. I just wanted to pass along a quality economical alternative to a lot of foods out there. I had to learn my lesson about dog food. I used to buy the cheapest I could find and I noticed it did not last any time at all and my dogs looked rough. However if I bought the higher quality feed, they ate less and best of all their poop was smaller. Their coats looked great as well. Here is their facebook page that talks about the specifics of the dog food. [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simons-Choice-Dog-Food-Show-Me-Dog-Food/116461075071264?sk=info
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Simons-Choice-Dog-Food-Show-Me-Dog-Food/116461075071264?sk=info[/URL]
Venison, wild rice, and a handful of steamed veggies makes a great dog food and you know the ingredients weren't shipped in from China. Just sayin...
Old 01-07-2012, 07:47 PM
Commonsensehomestead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedge Living View Post
Venison, wild rice, and a handful of steamed veggies makes a great dog food and you know the ingredients weren't shipped in from China. Just sayin...
I love my dogs, but not that much. That sounds like my menu, not the dogs. They may get ingredients from china but I doubt it.