Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 12-17-2011, 03:25 PM
RESET CONGRESS!!

Thanked 12,411 Times in 4,748 Posts
Default Any Opinions on this?

Advertise Here

Preparing for martial law?
The legislation is in place.
We have troops freed up from Iraq.

http://homelandsecurityus.com/archives/5424
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WSierra For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 2,699 Times in 771 Posts

Im at the front of the line in calling foul on the ever tightening militant grip by the govt upon our freedom. I find it extremely alarming. That said.. bringing the military home could work against them in some respects during an internal conflict. Many of our brothers sisters fathers mothers sons and daughters in the military would be dissenters against such an action. Dissenters trained in combat. In fact returning vets are even regarded as potential threats. So I dont think the supposed end of operations in Iraq is an increased threat in that regard. Its election politics. Obama will add to his campaign claims that he ended the war.

IMO the real threat of militant crackdown aint a widespread enslavement of the public at large. Far more likely it would be a move against dissenting individuals and small groups. Silence the devout patriots and the herd is easily controlled through propaganda. DHS ATF and the like would be more probable henchmen. The various LE agencies are used to having their guns pointed at Americans.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,154 Times in 1,690 Posts

Yes.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=204983
The Following User Says Thank You to iyaayas For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 01:24 AM

Article pretty much sums up what I was thinking and Redtail finishes off the thought for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tak Man II For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 06:54 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,659 Times in 726 Posts

Thing is, just how soon would people were being rounded up? if the Gov't came at night to your home, especially easy for the Loners out there, removing those they see as threats, if someone screams out, a simple, don't worry Maam this guy has ties to Terrorists and is planning something, most will comply and think, what a relief, and I thought he was a nice Guy/Gal, some Online will think, I wonder where such and such is, maybe they have taken off to the Bush for a while, many won't even notice something has happened until it's too late. If members from here had close friends that disappeared and put out an alert, then you may be able to do something, esp if it's a roundup.
LOL sound like a nutter, never mind, just a thought
The Following User Says Thank You to Wazza For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:15 AM
VA / NC

Thanked 14,350 Times in 5,740 Posts

Yep. Numbers wise it could not be done by the military even at full strength. Considering that I believe less than 1/4 of the military would even agree to participate, Im not really worried about something like that happening at all.

The military isn't a bunch of non feeling objects. They are people just like us who have enjoyed the same freedoms and life that America has offered, and they will not subject themselves to social suicide by participating. Just don't see it, and think the fall will come in another manner.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to East Coast Woods For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Woods View Post
Yep. Numbers wise it could not be done by the military even at full strength. Considering that I believe less than 1/4 of the military would even agree to participate, Im not really worried about something like that happening at all.

The military isn't a bunch of non feeling objects. They are people just like us who have enjoyed the same freedoms and life that America has offered, and they will not subject themselves to social suicide by participating. Just don't see it, and think the fall will come in another manner.
Thank you ecw for words of logic.

Folks are focusing too much on this fantasy, and not enough on whats going on now.

So far, Americans have held tight to the 2nd. Its under attack but its holding. Thats what folks need to worry about. Keeping and maintaining that right is the single most important step in remaining free. So long as the member population is armed, they aren't going to send in troops to round folks up and put them in cages.

The economy. Too much govt control here, and that is what scares me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iyaayas For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Prepared

Thanked 12,362 Times in 5,760 Posts

I'm not particularly worried for several reasons. The Bilderbergs/neocons/neoliberals are already at work on the next wars (Iran and then North Korea). And most of these soldiers probably dislike the banksters as much as anyone.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,398 Times in 1,997 Posts

This has already been addressed in another thread. The section of the NDAA being talked about is indeed poorly worded, not clear and opens up a potential avenue for abuse. However, it absolutely does not authorize the military to capture legal residents on US soil nor to detain citizens. The version of the bill that was actually passed contains specific wording that the act does not alter any existing authorities or laws with regard to US citizens or within US borders. Existing law prohibits the military from domestic operations, and also from detaining citizens without charge or trial.

Again, there are legitimate issues of concern regarding this act, but it is not a declaration of war on dissenters as the linked article claims.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Silver Wings

Thanked 19,583 Times in 6,912 Posts

Even if the NDAA controversy has been quelled, I still do not put anything past our present administration concerning them wanting to control every aspect of our lives.

Our present administration is sucking the life out of our economy, and they don't give a damn about main street America.

Disclaimer: The information I provide is my unaffiliated opinion and not reliable as financial advice. Past performance guarantees SHTF.
The Following User Says Thank You to txflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,663 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txflyboy View Post
Even if the NDAA controversy has been quelled, I still do not put anything past our present administration concerning them wanting to control every aspect of our lives.

Our present administration is sucking the life out of our economy, and they don't give a damn about main street America.
They are only concerned with getting re-elected to continue what they see as their mission, changing America in every fundamental way. It wouldn't be surprising to see martial law imposed to some degree in the face of some manufactured crisis, but they don't have enough support to go full bore yet. Nothing this group has done has been anything but planned. They are not incompetent as people think, they are underhanded and focused. People need to unite behind whoever gets the nomination to end this disaster.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,218 Times in 2,884 Posts

Even if every single uniformed soldier participated (this one wouldn't) the U.S. Govt. could not lock down the U.S. There is just way too much land to cover to even come close.

Your worries should be with the economy and propaganda. All that must happen is for the govt. to convince the people not to fight, then there will never be a fight to worry about.
The Following User Says Thank You to 13Fox150 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Fox150 View Post
Even if every single uniformed soldier participated (this one wouldn't) the U.S. Govt. could not lock down the U.S. There is just way too much land to cover to even come close.

Your worries should be with the economy and propaganda. All that must happen is for the govt. to convince the people not to fight, then there will never be a fight to worry about.
This one wouldn't either.

Thank you.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,935 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Fox150 View Post

You make a valid point. What we need to remember is lessons from pre-WW2.

Many people just 'disappeared from their homes in the middle of the night' and were never seen again.

There used to be little poem about that when I was growing up my folks used to recite.

Something about, 'I heard a rumor they took someone away', and no one did anything, and then, they took my neighbor, and I didn't do anything', and then 'they came for me to take me away, but there was no one left to do anything'.

It was a popular saying the old folks were always telling us, but I can't remember it now.

Russia went through the same thing, people just up and simply disappearing.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:23 PM
BackDoorMan-Watchin ur 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Woods View Post

Thats why i think are military wont be home long- Can't have a strung out PTSD veterans on the street getting more ****ed as they come to find just what has gone on in their absence. better that TPTB manufacture a threat - Syria Iran North Korea you name it - send off the troops to 4 corners and then declare marshal law and in come the blue helmets. I was told by a friend who is a correction officer that they have rec'd in last 60 days offers to man facilities at yet undisclosed locations under the office of governors. WTF is that? isnt that s/b 10 gov's that control fema camps or something. ? And my friend further says that there would be included buyouts of homes- full healthcare-a retirement contribution as well as increase in salary and accomodations. Get ur caches ready!!!