Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Health, Fitness and First Aid
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 12-04-2011, 02:37 PM
There is no sequel

Post Armageddon Medicine?

Advertise Here

The author has self-published through Lulu and there's a lack of online reviews ... it looks interesting and she seems to know what she's talking about but the book costs over $100 so I would like to get a second opinion before investing in this text.

Has anyone hear read or purchased Armageddon Medicine? Was it worth it? Is it well-written and useful as a reference?

http://armageddonmedicine.net
Old 12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Prov 3:18

Thanked 1,604 Times in 923 Posts

I had no idea her book was going to be so much,I'll have wait to see if it is worth it.
I do like to stop by her ssite from time to time.She had a good grasp on the family medicine aspects and has some good guest contributers too.
This is one of the best books I have found(think they are working on an update)
http://www.cafepress.com/austeremed
Old 12-04-2011, 06:15 PM
anything's possible!

Thanked 45,000 Times in 15,298 Posts

See if your Library has it.

I think they still have people there that answer the phone too.

Looks like a really good site tho, thanks
Old 12-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,459 Times in 3,587 Posts

she consults on the big and very popular "blog" site devoted to "survival" .......

her medical contributions to the site have been very informative and worthwhile ....

if you have the $$$$$, by all means pick the book up .......
Old 12-14-2011, 08:14 PM

It's really really expensive and contains nothing not available on the web for free - you just need to read the medical forums of the main US and Aus boards and the main blogs and you've got it covered. It does bring it together in one place though. Knowing how Lulu works there is a big mark-up on this book. That's all ok - but let the buyer beware.

BCE
The Following User Says Thank You to bce1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Believe in Yourself

Thanked 4,780 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bce1 View Post
It's really really expensive and contains nothing not available on the web for free - you just need to read the medical forums of the main US and Aus boards and the main blogs and you've got it covered. It does bring it together in one place though. Knowing how Lulu works there is a big mark-up on this book. That's all ok - but let the buyer beware.

BCE
Agreed!
Hmm! Setting a deadline for buying them? Nothing like a high pressure sales ploy. She would probably sell four times as many if she cut the price by half or better.
Funny how the add says dead line says tomorrow and is the side bar immediately to the right of it the add says COMING SOON . . .
Armageddon Medicine, the book. Maybe just a glitch,right?
Yeah, going to jup right on this one....
The Following User Says Thank You to alergyfree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Who is John Galt?

Default Just a review... (my $.02)

I was deciding what to add to the library recently and I did add a copy of this book. I agree it isn't the cheapest book on the market (self publishing is not usually ultra cheap) and perhaps you could scrounge up a lot of the material here and there if you try real hard (better make sure you print it all in case the internet isn't available). I still feel it is a good addition to any reference library.

In short, I would recommend it. I believe it is a good book and a very worthwhile compilation of material. It is written with the average prepper in mind and covers a lot of different and important topics. Dr. Koelker continues to be a great medical resource to our community, I'm glad she published this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,952 Times in 4,454 Posts

Seems if Armageddon happens there would be no need for medicine.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:01 PM

I recently found my old paramedic text book and was kind of suprised by the amount of really quality information contained in it, not to mention lots of pics and diagrams. Also its organized by subject, and worded much simpler than many medical textbooks I have read. Of course its information will be based on using the types of equipment and meds available to a paramedic on an ambulance, (most of which is available to the public through various suppliers) but I think it would be an excellent source of information for most people who have a limited knowledge of medical practice. Plus I have seen my exact book and others like it at places like "half priced books" for under $20.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Oath Keeper

Thanked 1,418 Times in 688 Posts

theirs a great med. book Sea capatin's medcine or first aid somewear in the PDF treasure trove post
The Following User Says Thank You to LIBERTYCHICKEN For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 03:59 PM

Arrow Survivial Medicine Handbook by Dr Bones and Nurse Amy

Hi Everyone!

We have a new book called " The Doom and Bloom(tm) Survival medicine Handbook", which is only $34.99 (we wanted to keep it affordable). It is over 400 pages and filled with information on how to handle medical issues in a colapse situation, when help is NOT on the way!
Here is a video we made to explain what is inside the book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb3v...feature=relmfu

Here are a couple of reviews if you would like to see what other preppers think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5tB1UHJsio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSNn...eature=related

If anyone has any questions for us, please feel free to ask!
Thanks,
Nurse Amy and Dr Bones
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NurseAmyDrBones For This Useful Post: