Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > The International Section > Our World Wide Survivalist Forums > Australia and New Zealand
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Australia and New Zealand ANZACS

Advertise Here

Old 11-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Was the NZ Survive CLub involved in the disruption of a political meeting?

Advertise Here

Soon after joining this survivalist web site, I received an email from a fellow member inviting me to join a New Zealand group calling them selves "The New Zealand Survive Club. This club, explained their purpose on their web site as:

" We are a group of motivated individuals located in New Zealand with an interest in wilderness survival skills and general preparedness."

Cracker, I thought, just what I would like to be part of. So off I toddle to their website

http://www.surviveclub.org.nz/default.aspx

with the intention of becoming involved.

However, before I ally myself with any organisation, I really like to have a good look at them, not only to make sure that what I feel as my motivation for joining with them does exist and also, that they may find me and my views acceptable and in line with their goals. This "good look" included rambling through their collections of web site photographs. It was at this point that I noted a large number of the photographs of members having meals outdoors in the wild, meals indoors, undertaking survival training activities, etc had their faces "photo shopped" to hide their identity.

I was further perturbed to note that an associate of the Survive Club and appearing on their website as a link, was another group calling them selves The Fight Club. This associate group described their activities and interests as:

"The Fight Club is a club comprised of a segment of Survive Club members and outside parties that is focused on hand-to-hand combat training. Meeting each weekend, the club enjoys participation from both professional martial artists and experienced fighters, to amateurs who are eager to advance their skill level.".

In addition the Fight Cub Contact was listed as a person who had for some years in New Zealand been active in an extreme right wing group.

To cut a long story short, I decided that there were too many iffy associations and possible hidden agendas for me to want to have any association with the NZ Survive Club.

Now to the crux of this posting, we are 3 days out from a National Election in New Zealand and last night a group of, what was described as between 10 and 15 men in full camo gear with their faces obscured by balaclavas, lead by a leader with a megaphone, disrupted a properly organised and legal political meeting in Christchurch. The leader of this group, who was named, is the Fight Club Contact. After disrupting the meeting for some minutes the group left and the News Services reported many individuals having been intimidated by this group.

FOUR QUESTIONS New Zealanders such as I , would like to have answers upon.

1..Was it NZ Survive Club members who gate crashed this political meeting or Fight Club members?

2..If NZ Survive Club members, what was the relevance of their actions to their stated aims: an interest in wilderness survival skills and general preparedness."

3. If it was Fight Club Members, what was relevance of their actions to their stated aims:. Hand-to-hand combat training"

4 . If it was Fight Club Members, what is the justification for a continued association between the NZ Survive Club and the Fight Club?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiwi Sapper For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Expat

Kyle Chapman is or was involved heavily with the creation of that club a few years back. I am pretty sure this guy is now a big time neo-nazi/national front mouthpiece. This club was founded by him during a brief period of time when he had supposedly given all that up and had changed his views and ways. Apparently he is back to being a full-blown nazi again.

I have no idea of the club separated themselves from Kyle when he continued with that or if they are still associated. Either way something to be very aware of before getting involved in any way with them.

Back when Chapman had his nazi career on hold, that TV show "How the Other Half Lives" w/ Mark Ellis did a show on this club and Chapman. You can watch it on youtube.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpig67 View Post
Kyle Chapman is or was involved heavily with the creation of that club a few years back................ This club was founded by him...........
Thank you for your response, but I am uncertain as to which club you refer to above. Is it the NZ Survive or the Fight Club........or both?
The reason I ask is because the person you have named, ( I carefully avoided using a name) does not appear in any administrative or controlling way on the NZ Survive Club website. Only for the Fight Club

Quote:
............. Either way something to be very aware of before getting involved in any way with them..........
Indeed a very clear warning

Quote:
........... Mark Ellis did a show on this club and Chapman. You can watch it on youtube.
I would rather watch paint dry but that is mainly because of Ellis.

Incidentally, the clip appears on their web site

In conclusion, it was reported last night on TV, that the number of "disrupters" exceeded thirty, (32 or 34 I think) and that number, dressed that way, led by an aggressive, megaphone using person caused at least one attendee to say that he believed it o be a "Hostage taking" situation.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
Thank you for your response, but I am uncertain as to which club you refer to above. Is it the NZ Survive or the Fight Club........or both?
The reason I ask is because the person you have named, ( I carefully avoided using a name) does not appear in any administrative or controlling way on the NZ Survive Club website. Only for the Fight Club

Indeed a very clear warning

I would rather watch paint dry but that is mainly because of Ellis.

Incidentally, the clip appears on their web site

In conclusion, it was reported last night on TV, that the number of "disrupters" exceeded thirty, (32 or 34 I think) and that number, dressed that way, led by an aggressive, megaphone using person caused at least one attendee to say that he believed it o be a "Hostage taking" situation.
I think the clubs are one in the same. Watching that show clears a few things up. It clearly shows "the one we shall not name" as a leader in the group and the fight club seems to be some sort of training they do as part of their club. I think that video is from back in 2008 or 2009 so things might be different now.

Either way, that piece of trash has his name all over both of them.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
..........."the one we shall not name".....

I wonder why we have not yet had a comment from he who was last seen, "Darting from the Shadows"?
Old 11-25-2011, 03:09 PM
There is no sequel

Haven't heard of Fight Club but it was at least Right Wing Resistance‎ / Survive Club who showed up at that meeting and will probably be making an appearance at a polling station somewhere today around here in Christchurch.

Giving survivalists a bad name ...
Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Bravo Zulu

Thanked 11,015 Times in 5,266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
FOUR QUESTIONS New Zealanders such as I , would like to have answers upon.

1..Was it NZ Survive Club members who gate crashed this political meeting or Fight Club members?
Going by the information that you provided, they were Survive Club members.

The Fight Club is made up of people from the Survive Club.