Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Military Weapons Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here

Old 11-20-2011, 05:10 PM

Default Yugo Milled M64 underfolder...good rifle?

Advertise Here

I have am about to buy a Yugo M64 underfolder for $550.
Is that a good deal and is that a good rifle?
What is the difference in the M64 vs M70?
I want an underfolder and I would appreciate any feedback that you can offer.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:56 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,498 Posts

A milled AK for 550, I'd buy it.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:53 PM
huh......what?

Thanked 31,815 Times in 7,876 Posts

Yugo's have long been considered very good AK's, but the problem is that nearly all of them you'll see have very little Yugo in them .
Most of the ones around will have an American made reciever, and an American trigger group ( which most U.S. sold AK's have long had( but also probably an American made,non-chrome lined barrel ( which even the newer Romanian WASR's are now getting) . All good stuff, but NOT Yugo.
Another point, the Milled thing is just a bunch of hype,milled AK's are simply more expensive and heavier. That's about it. ( And I own a few Ak's, and have owned many others, including the Mac-Daddy's, the now highly-prized Polytechs, both the milled Legend, and stamped Type 56,).
I've also owned one of the underfolding Yugos ( Century M70, as I recall, but sold it for big bucks back during The Great Assault Weapons Panic of '08). It was a nice rifle, but it was quite heavy ( and that's with only the 1.6 mm. stamped reciever) and the metal underfolder was the non-ergonomic pain in the ass I was warned that it would be ( but I aaallllllways wanted an UF, so I just haaad to get me one )
If you just love the rifle, and have the money burning a hole in your pocket, well, I understand that. But if you're looking for ONE good SHTF rifle, then I honestly recommend you look at something else, like maybe an already converted Saiga. Take a look at Classicarms and see what they're doing over there.
The Following User Says Thank You to MIL-DOT For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2011, 09:13 PM
}:)~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL-DOT View Post
Yugo's have long been considered very good AK's, but the problem is that nearly all of them you'll see have very little Yugo in them .
Most of the ones around will have an American made reciever, and an American trigger group ( which most U.S. sold AK's have long had( but also probably an American made,non-chrome lined barrel ( which even the newer Romanian WASR's are now getting) . All good stuff, but NOT Yugo.
Another point, the Milled thing is just a bunch of hype,milled AK's are simply more expensive and heavier. That's about it. ( And I own a few Ak's, and have owned many others, including the Mac-Daddy's, the now highly-prized Polytechs, both the milled Legend, and stamped Type 56,).
I've also owned one of the underfolding Yugos ( Century M70, as I recall, but sold it for big bucks back during The Great Assault Weapons Panic of '08). It was a nice rifle, but it was quite heavy ( and that's with only the 1.6 mm. stamped reciever) and the metal underfolder was the non-ergonomic pain in the ass I was warned that it would be ( but I aaallllllways wanted an UF, so I just haaad to get me one )
If you just love the rifle, and have the money burning a hole in your pocket, well, I understand that. But if you're looking for ONE good SHTF rifle, then I honestly recommend you look at something else, like maybe an already converted Saiga. Take a look at Classicarms and see what they're doing over there.
HeHe, should have held on to that M70. Those things are going for big bucks now.

I also agree. Go Saiga. I feel like a dang Saiga rep. sometimes. But they are cream of the crop Russian AK's. A lil work and they are flawless. I love the crap out of mine and wouldn't dream of getting rid of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MH12194 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2011, 06:04 PM

Thanks guys.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:17 AM
huh......what?

Thanked 31,815 Times in 7,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH12194 View Post
HeHe, should have held on to that M70. Those things are going for big bucks now.
Um,not so sure, since I got $850 for it . I don't know what they're going for right this minute, but not that long ago, I was seeing Century Yugo's still going for under $500. Plus, as I said, I didn't really like the rifle, so no regrets either way.

edit: Yep, you're right, they have gone up. Atlantic has some Yugo UF's going for $799, but these are apparantly nicer than the Century rifles, and come with more authentic Yugo parts.http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct751.aspx
But, Atlantic has always been a bit on the high side, and a PITA to deal with.