Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Military Weapons Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files



Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Jed Dawn's Avatar
Jed Dawn Jed Dawn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spotsylvania VA deep in the woods
Age: 38
Posts: 199
Thanks: 54
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default Cheaper bump fire stock alternative ?



Advertise Here

Edited my post just to be clear:

I sure would like to be able to do 3 round bursts with ease and not pay a fortune for a gimmick. How does one begin to learn the skills to do so ?
Old 11-09-2011, 10:50 AM
CaptainFuzzy CaptainFuzzy is offline
Troublesome.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Florida
Posts: 1,332
Thanks: 932
Thanked 1,846 Times in 720 Posts
Default

Not enough mall ninjas in the market segment to justify the R&D?


I know. That didn't sound very nice. But you gotta bear in mind that a well practiced rifleman can accurately fire three round bursts from their poodle shooter just as fast as some . . . ninja, with some gimmick stock can, and put those three rounds where they need to go to boot.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainFuzzy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 10:56 AM
panoz77's Avatar
panoz77 panoz77 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 4,183
Thanks: 1,480
Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,166 Posts
Default

Do a google search for bump band if you want a cheap way to bump fire if your into that, cost you like $6 and do the same thing as a slide fire, both are pointless but if it floats your boat here ya go.

http://www.thebumpband.com/about.html
Old 11-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Doc_Shane's Avatar
Doc_Shane Doc_Shane is offline
Chaos Inc.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,771
Thanks: 6,174
Thanked 23,361 Times in 6,635 Posts
Default

Bump firing is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen anybody do with a firearm, solely reserved for mall ninjas and rambo wannabes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doc_Shane For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Jed Dawn's Avatar
Jed Dawn Jed Dawn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spotsylvania VA deep in the woods
Age: 38
Posts: 199
Thanks: 54
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default

for the record, i would not buy some over priced bump fire stock. but if there was a cheap mod i could do to my stock then I would like to have it for SHTF situations. My neighbor can empty a magazine in a few seconds with just his finger, no gimmicks. Just skills. I wanna learn how to do the 2 and 3 round bursts like he does but so far no luck.Im sure a foregrip would help some, he does it with no foregrip tho, AR or Ak, no problem for him. Then again he has alot more experience with rifles then i do. Im still learning the AR15, have always been a handgun guy and never saw any value in trying to bump fire a handgun
Old 11-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Jed Dawn's Avatar
Jed Dawn Jed Dawn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spotsylvania VA deep in the woods
Age: 38
Posts: 199
Thanks: 54
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFuzzy View Post
Not enough mall ninjas in the market segment to justify the R&D?


I know. That didn't sound very nice. But you gotta bear in mind that a well practiced rifleman can accurately fire three round bursts from their poodle shooter just as fast as some . . . ninja, with some gimmick stock can, and put those three rounds where they need to go to boot.
I know you're right, i have a long way to go before i can call myself any kind of rifleman, at least Im honest eh
The Following User Says Thank You to Jed Dawn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 11:39 AM
panoz77's Avatar
panoz77 panoz77 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 4,183
Thanks: 1,480
Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panoz77 View Post
Here is your solution, see above post

Video of bump band being used
The Following User Says Thank You to panoz77 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 11:39 AM
recklessdriver recklessdriver is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Waukesha County
Posts: 1,308
Thanks: 28
Thanked 878 Times in 426 Posts
Default

their is no real reason to buy that stupid bump stock or bump fire unless you wanna make noise..... if thats the case just download a gun app
Old 11-09-2011, 11:40 AM
ecocks ecocks is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Talladega, AL
Posts: 1,454
Thanks: 1,486
Thanked 2,937 Times in 656 Posts
Default

I cannot see any application for a bump-fire option being needed in ANY scenario of my life.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Jed Dawn's Avatar
Jed Dawn Jed Dawn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spotsylvania VA deep in the woods
Age: 38
Posts: 199
Thanks: 54
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessdriver View Post
their is no real reason to buy that stupid bump stock or bump fire unless you wanna make noise..... if thats the case just download a gun app
like I said, im not tryin to just empty mags for the hell of it. I wanna learn qwik 2 and 3 round bursts. Of course learning to do it the right way instead of buying some gimmick would be nice. So where would i begin to try and learn how to do this ? Is this a matter of bouncing my finger off the trigger guard or just using recoil? please explain. I gotta start somewhere.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:44 AM
CaptainFuzzy CaptainFuzzy is offline
Troublesome.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Florida
Posts: 1,332
Thanks: 932
Thanked 1,846 Times in 720 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Dawn View Post
I know you're right, i have a long way to go before i can call myself any kind of rifleman, at least Im honest eh

Jed please do not see my comments above as trying to find fault in you.

But it would be really great if you could understand that your money will be far better spent learning rifle skills rather than buying a crutch to make up for them . . . . that in reality never will.

What I mean by that, is this:

You can never EVER miss fast enough to win a gunfight.

A .22 to the head will kill you deader than a .44 to the foot.

Shot placement trumps volume of fire every time.

And a bunch of other inconvenient but absolutely true sayings . . .
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainFuzzy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 11:47 AM
ben4345 ben4345 is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 390
Thanks: 163
Thanked 364 Times in 167 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Dawn View Post
like I said, im not tryin to just empty mags for the hell of it. I wanna learn qwik 2 and 3 round bursts. Of course learning to do it the right way instead of buying some gimmick would be nice. So where would i begin to try and learn how to do this ? Is this a matter of bouncing my finger off the trigger guard or just using recoil? please explain. I gotta start somewhere.
How old are you?

Maybe you need to invest that money and time into some education instead. I mean I am not the best with grammar or spelling, but damn.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Jed Dawn's Avatar
Jed Dawn Jed Dawn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spotsylvania VA deep in the woods
Age: 38
Posts: 199
Thanks: 54
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFuzzy View Post
Jed please do not see my comments above as trying to find fault in you.

But it would be really great if you could understand that your money will be far better spent learning rifle skills rather than buying a crutch to make up for them . . . . that in reality never will.

What I mean by that, is this:

You can never EVER miss fast enough to win a gunfight.

A .22 to the head will kill you deader than a .44 to the foot.

Shot placement trumps volume of fire every time.

And a bunch of other inconvenient but absolutely true sayings . . .
I understand and don't take offense. I knew I would get more negative comments then positive and that's fine. I want to aquire the skills I need incase I ever have to rely on my rifle to defend my life, family or property. And I think learning 3 round bursts and controlling them would be a nice skill to have. i just don't know where to begin. My neighbor does it by bouncing his finger off the guard very fast and it's dead acurate, he never missed the target once. I know it takes time but i wanna learn too. Maybe the title of my thread should have been about learning to fire 2 and 3 round bursts with control and accuracy ? ah well
Old 11-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Jed Dawn's Avatar
Jed Dawn Jed Dawn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spotsylvania VA deep in the woods
Age: 38
Posts: 199
Thanks: 54
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben4345 View Post
How old are you?

Maybe you need to invest that money and time into some education instead. I mean I am not the best with grammar or spelling, but damn.

thanks for your insightful post, big help. Now go away troll. thanks a bunch
Old 11-09-2011, 12:00 PM
9111315's Avatar
9111315 9111315 is offline
Plan Z: Run!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: central America
Posts: 13,420
Thanks: 16,714
Thanked 18,869 Times in 7,976 Posts
Default

Start with one. if you get good enough with that, you won't need #2 and #3.

If you are using a round that will not do the job with one, upgrade. The only reason the Military uses a double tap is because we don't have the option to upgrade. We have what we were issued.

With that said, I got the Mall Ninja Wannabe out of my system with the 50 Cal on the qual range . . . and again on test fire on an Afghani mountain-not quite a whole can. Ma Duce worked great, and you can really get the rock going from the top of an MRAP. Makes bump firing an M-forgery sound - sound - well, like a real Mall Ninja.
__________________
.
==]:*']
.
.

I have a Flux Capacitor to backup everything I say!
The Following User Says Thank You to 9111315 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 12:05 PM
ben4345 ben4345 is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 390
Thanks: 163
Thanked 364 Times in 167 Posts
Default

Get that mall ninja out of you. You will get more respect from us.
Bump firing will make you a target for sure, learn to fire accurately under some stress. Then learn to double tap.
The Following User Says Thank You to ben4345 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 12:11 PM
anchorbanger's Avatar
anchorbanger anchorbanger is offline
SquiddusMaximus (Retired)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Deep in the Belly of the Beast
Posts: 3,060
Thanks: 4,521
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default

I mean no disrespect, seriously, but other than for "fun" or in the very, very rare chance you may need to apply suppressing fire to effect and escape from a bad situation I see no realistic use for bumping.

Granted it could be an option, (all be it a pretty desperate one in my opinion).

I'd wager a skilled Rifleman, with a scoped bolt action .22 Hornet could do a more effective engagement to an adversary than a couple of guys bump firing AR's in the woods.

It's about laying low, engaging when no other option is possible and keeping our eyes open and staying alive. One of the main philosophies most of us share here isn't to go guns blazing but to ensure the survival of ourselves, our families and forecast possible events and deal with them in occordance to how they effect us.
__________________
Please check out my Thrift Store Bargains and Scores! thread here --> http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=201130 Thanks! See you there!
The Following User Says Thank You to anchorbanger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Jed Dawn's Avatar
Jed Dawn Jed Dawn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spotsylvania VA deep in the woods
Age: 38
Posts: 199
Thanks: 54
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9111315 View Post
Start with one. if you get good enough with that, you won't need #2 and #3.

If you are using a round that will not do the job with one, upgrade. The only reason the Military uses a double tap is because we don't have the option to upgrade. We have what we were issued.

With that said, I got the Mall Ninja Wannabe out of my system with the 50 Cal on the qual range . . . and again on test fire on an Afghani mountain-not quite a whole can. Ma Duce worked great, and you can really get the rock going from the top of an MRAP. Makes bump firing an M-forgery sound - sound - well, like a real Mall Ninja.
I dont pretend to have alot of experience with rifles or any military weapons for that matter. So the term mall ninja has nothing to do with me. I would never spend money on a gimmick. I dont own any tacticool lights or doo dads. just a good ole Remington 870 express for home protection, 10/22 and now an xd9 that i carry for work and an AR15 which I have yet to fire. I do think a laser is good intimidation when kicking in doors but thats about it. I'm interested in having only what I need which includes training and skills. i have owned handguns since I was 21, Im 35 now. Never got to fire them much till i moved out to the country and bought some land. now I can do what I want and intend to build a better range then what I have and learn how to use what I have in different situations. But back on topic, i think it would be nice to develop a set of skills to include 2 and 3 **** bursts, why is that so "mall ninjaesque"
Old 11-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Carne Frio's Avatar
Carne Frio Carne Frio is online now
Survivor, so far
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Way Up North, Near Fairbanks
Posts: 6,653
Thanks: 9,490
Thanked 31,828 Times in 5,694 Posts
Default

You could use a .308 and not have to shoot 3 times to have a good result.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Jed Dawn's Avatar
Jed Dawn Jed Dawn is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Spotsylvania VA deep in the woods
Age: 38
Posts: 199
Thanks: 54
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben4345 View Post
Get that mall ninja out of you. You will get more respect from us.
Bump firing will make you a target for sure, learn to fire accurately under some stress. Then learn to double tap.
message received loud and clear
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slide Fire bump-fire AR-15 stock Filthy_McNasty Rifle Forum 66 09-15-2013 01:12 PM
Slide Fire AR-15 stock (bump fire system) JohnWStiner Military Weapons Forum 36 08-31-2012 07:25 PM
Video Review: Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock for the AR15 Gladius Military Weapons Forum 0 04-09-2011 09:36 PM
Bump Fire Stock Cutter Firearms General Discussion 4 01-25-2011 03:27 PM
Bump fire stock EMUT Military Weapons Forum 12 01-16-2011 03:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Kevin Felts 2006 - 2012,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net