Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion > Rifle Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 10-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Here's my safety Sir

Thanked 19,638 Times in 7,037 Posts
Default E.R Shaw 6.5 Grendel Barrel

Advertise Here

Anyone have any experince with the E.R Shaw 6.5 Grendel Barrel ? Have seen some mixed reviews on them. Thinking of finishing up my present build in 6.5mm. Ammo and mags are fair priced uses the 7.62x39 bolt.

http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm...ategory_id=378
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming man what a ride!
Save The The Montagnard People
Old 10-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 102,256 Times in 33,009 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Unless they've picked up the quality in recent years, E. R. Shaw was known to be hit or miss quality wise. I think I'd look into another brand, personally.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Here's my safety Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Unless they've picked up the quality in recent years, E. R, Shaw was known to be hit or miss quality wise. I think I'd look into another brand, personally.
Thats what I have been hearing. I think I will contact Moble 1 Sales and ask if they will back Shaws barrels.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up totally worn out and loudly proclaiming man what a ride!
Old 10-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Recent Blog:
Trapper

Thanked 1,141 Times in 485 Posts

I put together a 6.5 Grendel AR recently. I was considering Model1 Sales, but an internet acquaintance recommended I skip them, because they don't really chamber it for the 6.5mm Grendel, but a close imitation called the 6.5mm sporter.

I went with J&T Distributing instead (almost exactly the same price) with a 24" stainless barrel. Don't know the manufacturer of the barrel, but I am very, very happy with my choice. Here's a link to their site.
http://jtdistributing.net/store/index.html
The Following User Says Thank You to MichaelK For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Here's my safety Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelK View Post
I put together a 6.5 Grendel AR recently. I was considering Model1 Sales, but an internet acquaintance recommended I skip them, because they don't really chamber it for the 6.5mm Grendel, but a close imitation called the 6.5mm sporter.

I went with J&T Distributing instead (almost exactly the same price) with a 24" stainless barrel. Don't know the manufacturer of the barrel, but I am very, very happy with my choice. Here's a link to their site.
http://jtdistributing.net/store/index.html
Just sent an email to Model 1 Sales inquiring if the 6.5 sporter was/is chambered in 6.5 Grendal.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Here's my safety Sir

info I found online tonight on Model 1 sales 6.5 sporter:

"Why didn't I call them and ask? I thought it was obvious by my 9:27 PM posting time. They were closed.

I called and was told it is the 6.5 Grendel. I asked why they didn't just call it the 6.5 Grendel and her was " I don't know."
http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/pow...rter-what.html
Old 10-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Here's my safety Sir

I emailed:

the responses was:

We warrant all of our products. Most of the issues with the 6.5 Sporter
are ammunition related.

The dies, load data and cartridge for the 6.5 sporter and the 6.5
Grendel are interchangeable.