Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 10-07-2011, 01:46 PM
I love this forum

Default Ed Dames predictions of doom

Advertise Here

I don't know what anyone here thinks of Major Ed Dames, a remote viewer and also a guest on Coast to Coast (a night time radio show), but he's made predictions in the past that have come to pass. I remember years ago how he predicted an earthquake in Japan that would damage a nuclear power plant and cause thousands of death. Kind of makes you think.....

Well, last night he was on the show again and predicted 40% unemployment, martial law, and use of the FEMA camps--all within the next 1 1/2 to 2 years, and that he doesn't believe there will be an election in 2012 as a result of what will be going on at the time.

This really got me thinking about our SHTF preps since the S will really be hitting the F if he's right about even part of this.

Has anyone here heard of Ed Dames or tried remote viewing? I listen to the guy on the radio since he seems to have established credibility in the past, although his methods aren't exactly mainstream.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Raider

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,347 Posts

ed dames has never been right with any of his remote viewing predictions. he is a fake and charlatan. google him and do some research on him. i really dont know why george noory keeps having him on his show. he has made all kinds of wild predictions in the past and i cant see why anyone takes him seriously.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to spectre68 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre68 View Post
ed dames has never been right with any of his remote viewing predictions. he is a fake and charlatan. google him and do some research on him. i really dont know why george noory keeps having him on his show. he has made all kinds of wild predictions in the past and i cant see why anyone takes him seriously.
Well, like I said, he predicted the Japan earthquake and the damage to the nuclear power plant. I heard him on the show when he originally said it. Yeah, I know he said some other stuff that didn't happen, like the "kill-shot" from the sun that was supposed to happen around 1998 or 2000. He's predicting that also for the next couple years, so we'll see. It's just that when even some of the things he says comes to pass, it makes me want to take notice.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:04 PM
locomotive jockey

I listened a little last night. I had to turn it off. He seamed more concerned with building himself up and being secretive while spilling the beans at the same time. Name dropping, I cant tell you this but.... Just seamed fake to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Dawn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Is that all?

Japan sits on the "ring of fire", and uses nuclear power, it's not genius work to make a prediction that at some point, a large earthquake would hit the country and damage a reactor. People have been predicting the end of the world/US for a long time, thus far most of those predictions, at least the really apocalyptic ones have not come true.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AK15-T For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Getting There !!!!

Thanked 1,236 Times in 690 Posts

He also told them where they could find that Rich Guys Plain that went down. He even says the future is not written in stone... He did make some Predictions last night.. Might be a bumpy road ahead in a year or 2
Old 10-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Rocket Surgeon

Thanked 18,770 Times in 7,774 Posts

Ed Dames has failed so many times with his predictions that I no longer find him legitimate any more than Gordon Michael Scallion. I changed my lifestyle because of Dames and Scallion back in the 90's and both have failed in their end of the world scenarios too damn many times for me to take either one seriously anymore!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rokitman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Happy Celtic Warrior

Default Sorry, but Dames is a fake and charlatan...

He uses a technique that seances saw at the beginning of the last century, and before... It's a cold reading, and depending upon what the audience wants to hear, or a client says, the blanks can be filled in.

Couching everything in vague terms, he covers his "6," without leaving anything to point to. Like the 1-800 phone number psychics, it's impossible to nail him down, as he's like jello, and never specific. Time and geography are never right. Anything he says is suspect. He can blame events changing, or people, places, and things not being right, due to factors not under his control.

Dames was NOT the CO of the Stargate unit, during the halcyon days of the Cold War, or its immediate aftermath. Those on the team don't even acknowledge him, or his "contributions." He's a poseur, a wannabe, trying to clothe himself in the glory of others...

I, too, don't have any idea why Art Bell, or George Noory even let this clown on the air. He's no better than Sylvia Brown, or Jimmy Van Pragh. Both are bleeding heart frauds, with track records to prove it...

If you want a proven, genuine psychic, John Edward is the one. He was tested at Arizona State University, in a Faraday cage, against 9 other "psychics" including Brown and Van Pragh. Only Edwards didn't leave smoking holes in the psychic landscape. Only he completed every test- without error. He's truly unique, and "the real thing."

Only one thing "positive" can be said about Dames. Even a blind hog has got to find an acorn, once in a while...

OA, out...

PS I've been studying parapsychology since 1958, when I read my grandparent's volumes of work by J B and Louise B Rhine, from Duke University. The Rhine's coined the term, ESP, and developed the five symbol cards used in the first attempts at statistical analysis.

By any stretch of the imagination, Dames' posing does not measure up to Joe McMonigal, or any of the other Stargate operatives. They ALL suffered extreme health issues, and many died from the stresses placed upon them by the DOD and CIA. So highly prized were their efforts to uncover secrets that were otherwise not available through Human Intelligence (Humint), cancer and heart attacks were the results of extreme, prolonged, exhaustion.

Dames could never have carried a water bucket for the men and women of Stargate...

oa

Last edited by OldArcher; 10-07-2011 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: grammar
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to OldArcher For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,294 Times in 1,574 Posts

I was mildly interested in Remote viewing. But this guy is a joke. Go to the Coast to Coast.com site and read what have for last nights show. He moves from FEMA camps to Mars. The man I fear is more than one brick shy of a load. He may be begining to belive himself!! Watch the news on various sites for different slants, use common sense and make your own predictions. You'll have a greater chance of being on the money then Dames ever will.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seawind For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,853 Times in 4,879 Posts

I predict he'll charge a bit more in his seminars...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prepping For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Raider

Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArcher View Post
He uses a technique that seances saw at the beginning of the last century, and before... It's a cold reading, and depending upon what the audience wants to hear, or a client says, the blanks can be filled in.

Couching everything in vague terms, he covers his "6," without leaving anything to point to. Like the 1-800 phone number psychics, it's impossible to nail him down, as he's like jello, and never specific. Time and geography are never right. Anything he says is suspect. He can blame events changing, or people, places, and things not being right, due to factors not under his control.

Dames was NOT the CO of the Stargate unit, during the halcyon days of the Cold War, or its immediate aftermath. Those on the team don't even acknowledge him, or his "contributions." He's a poseur, a wannabe, trying to clothe himself in the glory of others...

I, too, don't have any idea why Art Bell, or George Noory even let this clown on the air. He's no better than Sylvia Brown, or Jimmy Van Pragh. Both are bleeding heart frauds, with track records to prove it...

If you want a proven, genuine psychic, John Edward is the one. He was tested at Arizona State University, in a Faraday cage, against 9 other "psychics" including Brown and Van Pragh. Only Edwards didn't leave smoking holes in the psychic landscape. Only he completed every test- without error. He's truly unique, and "the real thing."

Only one thing "positive" can be said about Dames. Even a blind hog has got to find an acorn, once in a while...

OA, out...

PS I've been studying parapsychology since 1958, when I read my grandparent's volumes of work by J B and Louise B Rhine, from Duke University. The Rhine's coined the term, ESP, and developed the five symbol cards used in the first attempts at statistical analysis.

By any stretch of the imagination, Dames' posing does not measure up to Joe McMonigal, or any of the other Stargate operatives. They ALL suffered extreme health issues, and many died from the stresses placed upon them by the DOD and CIA. So highly prized were their efforts to uncover secrets that were otherwise not available through Human Intelligence (Humint), cancer and heart attacks were the results of extreme, prolonged, exhaustion.

Dames could never have carried a water bucket for the men and women of Stargate...

oa
great post and thanx for going deeper into the aspects of ed dames bogus background.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Deus exsisto laus

Thanked 6,691 Times in 2,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LED View Post
...he's made predictions in the past that have come to pass. I remember years ago how he predicted an earthquake in Japan that would damage a nuclear power plant and cause thousands of death.
Wow! He actually predicted an earthquake...in Japan ! That nuke plants will be damaged? Amazing ! I predict cold weather is coming this winter. That is about as amazing as predicting earthquakes in Japan. TP
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texas Patriot For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,952 Times in 4,454 Posts

John Edwards. Really?
Old 10-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 83,307 Times in 28,564 Posts

What is it with people and predictions? Geez. As if the world doesn't think we're nuts enough already. If all the tens of thousands of "end of the world" predictions had come true, this planet would be nothing but a smoldering cinder floating in space. If even .00000001% of them had come true, we wouldn't be here having this silly conversation in the first place.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Bushwacker

Thanked 1,202 Times in 607 Posts

I don't mind Ed Dames. It's George Snorry I can't stand. He's the queen of fakery.

We need Art Bell back on the air waves.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woodlife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 08:33 PM
17 Oaks Ranch Tx

Thanked 4,462 Times in 1,986 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Patriot View Post
Wow! He actually predicted an earthquake...in Japan ! That nuke plants will be damaged? Amazing ! I predict cold weather is coming this winter. That is about as amazing as predicting earthquakes in Japan. TP
I have made a MAJOR prediction every year for over 20 years and have been 100% correct.

I predicted that when the NFL begins regular season play the leaves change color and begin to fall off the trees.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Hiding in plain sight

Thanked 1,227 Times in 372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
What is it with people and predictions? Geez. As if the world doesn't think we're nuts enough already. If all the tens of thousands of "end of the world" predictions had come true, this planet would be nothing but a smoldering cinder floating in space. If even .00000001% of them had come true, we wouldn't be here having this silly conversation in the first place.
Some people want the end to happen to give credence to themselves having prepared for it and believing they got a leg up on most everyone else. Others I believe want it to happen in hopes of the playing field between the classes to be leveled. Some want it to happen because they are bat s@#t crazy! I'm pretty sick of it myself as well. "Wolf" has been cried far to many times now for anyone to care regardless of what "proof" anyone will ever offer. We will all most likely be caught off guard as a result!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Einrich For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 08:58 PM
locomotive jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSun 4x4 View Post
I have made a MAJOR prediction every year for over 20 years and have been 100% correct.

I predicted that when the NFL begins regular season play the leaves change color and begin to fall off the trees.
i predict that all the beer in mt fridge will disappear to when Sunday rolls around
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Red Dawn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Learner

Thanked 2,823 Times in 1,318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSun 4x4 View Post

This year must have had you sweating your record.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jackrorabbit For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 83,307 Times in 28,564 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einrich View Post
"Wolf" has been cried far to many times now for anyone to care regardless of what "proof" anyone will ever offer. We will all most likely be caught off guard as a result!
That's exactly the same thing I keep saying to those who actually defend the nonstop flood of "the sky is falling" predictions. But you said it so much better than I ever managed. Where are you when I need you?