Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 08-26-2011, 12:33 PM

Default USCCA and Defense Shield?

Advertise Here

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I found an old thread about the USCCA (United States Concealed Carry Ass.), but this Defense Shield insurance seems to be less than a year old. I am seriously considering this, because $55 is a small price to pay for the peace of mind. That being said, it would make me feel better if someone could either recommend them or dissuade me.

And, no I have nothing to do with this company or it's promotion.
Thanks
Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Watching, Waiting....

Thanked 2,506 Times in 830 Posts

They only protect you in the event of a Legal shoot, IN Texas you have nothing to worry about legaly or civialy if they no bill you in a legal shoot.

In fact the shooter may have better grounds for a lawsuit against the bad guy becasue the bad guy put him in a position to have to kill someone or forced him to use ammo. The Texan would prob win.

Gotta love Texas!
The Following User Says Thank You to Still here. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 04:07 PM

You would still be crazy not to get a good criminal defense attorney to guide you through the process. When one wrong word can screw you in court, it would be best to have someone who knows the system. Granted, in a perfect world you shouldn't have to. We don't live there though. Also, all it takes is $250 to file a civil suit and a personal injury attorney to ruin you financially. Win or lose, it will cost thousands.

I am 100% behind what you said about the shooter having a civil case. Have you ever heard of anyone winning one, or even being awarded the cost of their legal expenses?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to texdoug1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Watching, Waiting....

Thanked 2,506 Times in 830 Posts

I have never seen one won but I really have not looked either. I cant imagine not being able to sue the person that broke into your home and you had to shoot. Not saying they would have a estate that you could get anything from but if somehow somewhere...somebody had a life insurance policy or if by chnace they survive the shoot, you could collect for damages to the home, Clean up, Mental damages, moving because the family just cant handle it etc...

Plus on the other side, the truth to the matter is If someone does if fact sue you and does win....Thats all they have, a judgment. If you do not pay the money that is just the start of a whole new process. There is no court that make s a judgement and pulls money from your account. They have to re-invest monies to get another lawyer and sue agin for non payment, That may happen a few times before they can actualy take any physical money from you. It is not like a bank that you have signed a pile of contracts with dismissing any rights you have to this process.

Civil litigation is really a joke. Most civil cases won are later settled with cash for a huge discount because the Large companies know this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Still here. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2011, 08:59 AM

Nevermind, the more I look the less I like their marketing ploys. The $55 I spoke of mentioned below it that you could make 4 easy payments. This appeared to be marked down from $197/year. I thought "I don't need to make payments on $55." Turns out it's four $55 payments, and I don't see how $220 is a savings from $197. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this guy has taken too many marketing classes from car salesmen. They should know the community they are marketing to is a straightforward bunch, and dosen't tolerate much douchbaggery.
The Following User Says Thank You to texdoug1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Trapper

I see this is a older post but got a question. And don't really need a new thread

The PDF books they offer are they any good? I'm interested in the service but I think they are more after my money then my well being. But some of the titles look pretty nice
The Following User Says Thank You to warhawk-77 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Aaaaghhh!!!!

I know this is an old thread, but I just found out about the USCCA and it looks interesting. So far this thread has only contained speculation. Is there anyone here who is actually a member? If so, have you had to use the insurance? Is the magazine any good?

They have a silver membership (cheapest one) which gives you $75,000 protection for $127 per year if you pay up front. Doesn't seem unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still here. View Post
They only protect you in the event of a Legal shoot, IN Texas you have nothing to worry about legaly or civialy if they no bill you in a legal shoot.

In fact the shooter may have better grounds for a lawsuit against the bad guy becasue the bad guy put him in a position to have to kill someone or forced him to use ammo. The Texan would prob win.

Gotta love Texas!
There are other legal concerns besides the person you shot suing you. What if you have to shoot in a public place and an innocent bystander gets hit? A lot of women carry concealed in their purses. What if your purse is stolen, the gun is used in a crime, and some nut wants to sue you because you were "irresponsible with your firearm?"
The Following User Says Thank You to too2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Allergic to Bull****

Thanked 14,720 Times in 5,249 Posts

The founder of USCCA, Tim Schmidt, was a well known internet marketer before USCAA. I used to read his blog.

His whole idea was to "find something people are emotional about, and exploit it". He always came off as the cold, calculated business man using anything to grab a buck. It was called "Tribal Association Marketing".

While not a bad business idea, you really have to question his motivation. He's all about tugging on your emotional strings so you spend money.

If you don't believe me, read about it for yourself.

Quote:
To revamp your business you just inject a ‘need to belong’
Clients care about products and services. You can have clients turn into fanatics and true believers if you inject a reason to belong. Associations allow members to have an identity and a feeling of tribe. Whatever business you are in you can wrap one around it. Members buy 66% more stuff. Tim says there are seven essential factors for creating a tribe:
- common enemy
- story
- reason
- ritual
- language
- jargon
- leader
http://www.tribalmarketingassociation.org/Video01.html

http://www.tribalmarketingassociation.org/report4w/
http://www.incomediary.com/tim-schmi...rship-websites

Last edited by BJJ_Grappler; 04-26-2014 at 02:54 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Aaaaghhh!!!!

Which doesn't tell me anything about the quality of the service he is providing. It doesn't really matter to me if he is a "cold, calculated business man using anything to grab a buck" as long as the business is legit and lives up to the promises they make on the website. Which is why I'm looking for input from someone who is actually a customer and not someone who is speculating.
The Following User Says Thank You to too2late For This Useful Post: