Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 08-13-2011, 12:12 AM

Default "End of America" and similar videos

Advertise Here

I recently heard an Ad on XM radio describing a free movie, "End of America," that explains how the dollar is crashing and that they have proven steps that can keep you from losing everything. Of course, that involves paying for a subscription or membership. It turns out, there are actually several of these Ads out there and they appear to be saying similar things, and selling similar services.
  • Elevation Group,
  • Sovereign Man,
  • Porter Stansberry,
  • Weiss Research,
  • Newsmax Aftershock Survival

Has anyone joined any of these? Did you get any value from them? Or, are these scams? Thanks, in advance, for any feedback you can share.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:25 AM
The Right of the People..

Porter stansberry is all stock market related from my experience. I was subscribed to it when I was looking into stocks. This was before I came across this website and others and decided to completely stay away from the stock market. Good information if you are into that though. I am unfamiliar with the rest of them.
The Following User Says Thank You to tedennis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 03:15 AM
Set Free

Save tour time and money unless you want to get into the stock market.

I have read some books by Weiss and there is good info in them.

These ads have a flair for the dramatic and try to get you to send in your $59.99 for not much usefull info at all. Then to get the real info you have to pay abunch more.

Pretty much just read the world news and use common sense that is all you get.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nimmer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Survivus most anythingus

Thanked 4,434 Times in 1,991 Posts

It's not that they are drawing the wrong conclusions, it's that at the end of the day, they are trying to set you up for the Secret Squirrel Information Package. THAT is the "scam" of it. Fear mongering to get more money themselves! The truth is bad enough, we don't have to throw mud on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to DBR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,350 Times in 2,909 Posts

Stansberry's secret is for you to buy a farm, get into the Options market, buy undervalued silver, and one other thing that I forgot. The membership isn't worth the $50 but I got out of it in time to get a full refund.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pangea For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Survivus most anythingus

Thanked 4,434 Times in 1,991 Posts

Yeah, well, I would buy a small farm if I could and I would buy some undervalued silver if I could, too. As far as the "markets" of any kind, I will leave that to the looters because that's the only people that are really going to make a killing in any market now.
The Following User Says Thank You to DBR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 06:27 AM
Hunter

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,133 Posts

I'm subscribed to sovereign man newsletter and newsmax newsletter.

they are free subscriptions and are ok. I wouldnt buy their whatever it is they're selling because newsmax seems to be making money on selling fear with their ads, and sovereign man is a bit too "investy" for me.

having their free subscription is good for me, because it reinforces my motivation to prep, but the info is much the same as drudge, collapsenet, infowars, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Trapper

Do a search for 'Stansberry'. It's a well known scam outfit that has been discussed many times.
The Following User Says Thank You to danger For This Useful Post: