Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 07-24-2011, 04:06 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,523 Times in 705 Posts
Question Does anyone have/located near any local shooting competitions for prize $?

Advertise Here

My local sportsman's club has a trap shoot every Sat but I don't know if there is any prize $. I'd like to know if any members here have any local competitions that offer prize $?

I was thinking that local competitions with small entry fees and a few hundred in prize $ each or every other week would be a fun thing and especially if it were sponsored by a gun shop, ammo manufacturer, gun manufacturer etc maybe all 3!?

This would be great for a number of reasons. It would be good for the local gun shops, ammo sales, gun enthusiasm, gun education etc.

Would any of you find it worth while to enter a trap contest that costs $15 to enter, $200 - $125 - $75 (1st 2nd 3rd prizes). You would get 25 shots and the top 10 would go to semi finals and the last 3 would shoot for the prizes (or something close to that). All semi finalists go into a quarterly drawing for gift certificates or other prizes, this way a competitor could still win if they are decent but not the best.

Would this be considered gambling or is it a game of skill of some kind? I'm wondering what kind of permits would be needed to have a setup like this? Has anyone seen anything like this?

I figured that $15 would be the minimum for entry if the competition were to pay for 25 shot rounds. On sale, it costs me about $7.50 for 25 rounds with clay birds (not to mention wear on gun, shooting machine, etc.) For the prizes I stated above the competition would need 74 paying entries @ $15 to make the competition break even (if there are no paying advertisers).

Would you find these odds and prizes enough to enter? What are your thoughts on this?