Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files



General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Squall Squall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 135
Thanks: 36
Thanked 100 Times in 35 Posts
Default Lots of girls are publicly posting their phone numbers on Facebook for stalkers



Advertise Here



If this doesn't prove how stupid humanity is, I don't know what does. Look at the wall posts for that event.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=175727525825511
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Aubb's Avatar
Aubb Aubb is offline
PPG flyer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MOntana
Age: 57
Posts: 2,417
Thanks: 678
Thanked 3,125 Times in 1,170 Posts
Default

What's facebook?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aubb For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
joshiedoom's Avatar
joshiedoom joshiedoom is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 805
Thanks: 984
Thanked 605 Times in 314 Posts
Default

Mine is posted too. Stalkers welcome(Warning, I may produce lead/copper/brass upon closer inspection)
The Following User Says Thank You to joshiedoom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Dougzilla's Avatar
Dougzilla Dougzilla is offline
Survival Actual
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Delaware
Posts: 4,671
Thanks: 9,221
Thanked 11,530 Times in 2,841 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default

lol i doubt any of those numbers are real. then again, you never know..
Old 07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Squall Squall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 135
Thanks: 36
Thanked 100 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshiedoom View Post
Mine is posted too. Stalkers welcome(Warning, I may produce lead/copper/brass upon closer inspection)
Be sure to stock up on ammo, you don't know how many will arrive at your doorstep.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Squall Squall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 135
Thanks: 36
Thanked 100 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougzilla View Post
lol i doubt any of those numbers are real. then again, you never know..
I hope not, but then again, maybe they're trying to win the Darwin award.
The Following User Says Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 03:30 PM
sojurn87 sojurn87 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,637
Thanks: 3,627
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default

Along with their emails too...must be a generational thing...I don't get how today's youths can be so free with private information or information that should be kept private.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Squall Squall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 135
Thanks: 36
Thanked 100 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojurn87 View Post
Along with their emails too...must be a generational thing...I don't get how today's youths can be so free with private information or information that should be kept private.
Are you implying that the 90s and 80s generations weren't stupid?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Dwind's Avatar
Dwind Dwind is offline
Information is Ammunition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,125
Thanks: 27,618
Thanked 26,916 Times in 10,487 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Outstanding Firearms Post Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 5
Default

if you think thats bad, there is a website or two dedicated to showing the nudie pics posted secretly by those very same girls that were hacked. Like Facebook, the pics are mostly of girls under 18. there are many applications that do it.



__________________
"Forget all your ideas about civilized society, boys - here's a chance to raise merry hell." - Allen Dulles, OSS Director ...
Old 07-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Squall Squall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 135
Thanks: 36
Thanked 100 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwind View Post
if you think thats bad, there is a website or two dedicated to showing the nudie pics posted secretly by those very same girls that were hacked. Like Facebook, the pics are mostly of girls under 18. there are many applications that do it.
-snipped pictures-
That's most likely a hoax. And of course most of the girls are teenagers, it's Facebook, what do you expect? The home of whiney 13-19 year old girls and depressed boys who try to sleep with them.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Squall Squall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 135
Thanks: 36
Thanked 100 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Don't worry, I already posted this on /b/, so now they're getting hit on by a bunch of computer nerds and prank called.

/popcorn
The Following User Says Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 03:52 PM
edward777 edward777 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 42 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall View Post
That's most likely a hoax. And of course most of the girls are teenagers, it's Facebook, what do you expect? The home of whiney 13-19 year old girls and depressed boys who try to sleep with them.
Uh, there are already people in education urging mothers to spend more time with their kids than on Facebook.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Squall Squall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 135
Thanks: 36
Thanked 100 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward777 View Post
Uh, there are already people in education urging mothers to spend more time with their kids than on Facebook.
If you have to be told that, you shouldn't have a child.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Dwind's Avatar
Dwind Dwind is offline
Information is Ammunition
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,125
Thanks: 27,618
Thanked 26,916 Times in 10,487 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Outstanding Firearms Post Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall View Post
That's most likely a hoax. And of course most of the girls are teenagers, it's Facebook, what do you expect? The home of whiney 13-19 year old girls and depressed boys who try to sleep with them.
I don't go to the website so I wouldn't know- but there is a TON of hacked FB accounts out there. 4chan refers to it as 'mining for lolitas'.
__________________
"Forget all your ideas about civilized society, boys - here's a chance to raise merry hell." - Allen Dulles, OSS Director ...
Old 07-07-2011, 04:30 PM
sojurn87 sojurn87 is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,637
Thanks: 3,627
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall View Post
Are you implying that the 90s and 80s generations weren't stupid?
Didn't say anything about being stupid....talking about being free with personal information at young ages....

When I was a kid I didn't post my phone # and email all over the web....(because I couldn't)....

I didn't have a cell phone either....or the ability to make myself available to millions of people....

The younger generations of today are much more technology savvy than any previous generation...children are making themselves more accessible to larger populations because of these social networking sites....
Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Squall Squall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 135
Thanks: 36
Thanked 100 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojurn87 View Post
Didn't say anything about being stupid....talking about being free with personal information at young ages....

When I was a kid I didn't post my phone # and email all over the web....(because I couldn't)....

I didn't have a cell phone either....or the ability to make myself available to millions of people....

The younger generations of today are much more technology savvy than any previous generation...children are making themselves more accessible to larger populations because of these social networking sites....
Technically there are laws to prevent young kids from having access. It states that you must be thirteen or older to join Facebook (or even this forum and other online forums). That way 12 and unders don't access the site without parental permission, but despite this many prepubescent kids still gain access to these forums and most of the time forum administrators don't care (since they need more activity and it looks bad if they start banning people).

Hell, I've been posting on forums since I was at least 13, though I may have been 12. And I've never put myself in danger. Only the idiots do that, and they deserve whatever happens to them. And that's just forums, I played online games like StarCraft since I was like 10, and never once had any problems with me posting personal information online or getting stalked.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Jojo's Avatar
Jojo Jojo is offline
Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 54
Posts: 12,014
Thanks: 19,880
Thanked 24,058 Times in 8,199 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojurn87 View Post
Along with their emails too...must be a generational thing...I don't get how today's youths can be so free with private information or information that should be kept private.
Children learn by example, mom and/or dad are popping out business cards right and left and maybe even sharing their private goodies on FB, but as we have seen lately, adults prefer sexting or taking "mirror" pictures of themselves in the bathroom. Also, children of this generation have waaayy tooo much unsupervised time on their hands. Add to that their parents feel guilty for not spending enough time with them, or for getting divorced, or smacking them around and put every expensive electronic device they can find in their hands. Don't forget this is the generation that will run this country in 20 years. Is it any wonder some have the concern of having a microchip shoved up their a**?
Old 07-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Squall Squall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 135
Thanks: 36
Thanked 100 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Children learn by example, mom and/or dad are popping out business cards right and left and maybe even sharing their private goodies on FB, but as we have seen lately, adults prefer sexting or taking "mirror" pictures of themselves in the bathroom. Also, children of this generation have waaayy tooo much unsupervised time on their hands. Add to that their parents feel guilty for not spending enough time with them, or for getting divorced, or smacking them around and put every expensive electronic device they can find in their hands. Don't forget this is the generation that will run this country in 20 years. Is it any wonder some have the concern of having a microchip shoved up their a**?
Now you're just being melodramatic. People have always been stupid and there have always been bad parents. We just didn't hear about this stuff before since we didn't have the internet or live in a society of instant gratification. Don't get me wrong, I think there is a huge problem with contemporary parenting (or lack there of), but you make it sound like technology is a problem. You're talking like "teenagers today are using technology and they shouldn't because it makes them stupid" but that's not true. If anything, it helps those who are intelligent become even more so, whilst allowing those who are dumb to be dumb. They would have been dumb anyway, these are symptoms of their stupidity, not the cause of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Squall For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Squall Squall is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 135
Thanks: 36
Thanked 100 Times in 35 Posts
Default

The internet taught me a lot more than high school ever did, though that's another discussion entirely. It's policies like NCLB (No Child Left Behind) that hold back our most brilliant minds just so some moron can get a diploma that he doesn't deserve.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Doc_Shane's Avatar
Doc_Shane Doc_Shane is offline
Chaos Inc.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,771
Thanks: 6,174
Thanked 23,363 Times in 6,635 Posts
Default

We used to get these numbers and contact the parents-

"Hello is this the parents of >>>>>>>>>>, I am Deputy XXXX with XXXXX County Sheriffs Office. We are investigating some online sexual predators/child pornographers and found your daughters phone number and contact information in his possession. It was obtained through your daughter posting it on public websites."

"We believe that your daughter is at risk of being exploited by one of these predators."


Problem solved.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc_Shane For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memorizing phone numbers could save your life neosurvivalist Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 8 03-19-2011 12:18 PM
Rogue Facebook apps can now access your home address and mobile phone number blackkitty The Tech Zone 7 01-25-2011 04:03 PM
6 teen girls arrested for facebook..... A1D General Discussion 59 01-09-2011 06:46 AM
Keep Stalkers out of your house... go keyless! Holyhellcat Ladies Section 41 06-02-2009 07:37 PM
Compare numbers at the state level to CDC numbers Roxie Manmade and Natural Disasters 11 05-26-2009 01:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Kevin Felts 2006 - 2012,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net