Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 06-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Default Confiscating stored food?

Advertise Here

I read in another post that laws are already in place to confiscate our guns and stored food if martial law is used. If that is true then whats the point of storing anything???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brush For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,112 Times in 2,110 Posts

I can see them going around in cities doing that. In the country it would not turn out well.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Bob For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Got to keep on keepin on

Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,014 Posts

That assumes that the personnel are in place to do the searches, not taking care of their own.
Then, the "goods" have to be found.

Don't keep all your eggs in one basket regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to NorIDhunter For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Stay Alert, Stay Alive

Thanked 6,086 Times in 1,922 Posts

Its true, and a damn good reason for OPSEC!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to usmc0331 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush View Post
I read in another post that laws are already in place to confiscate our guns and stored food if martial law is used. If that is true then whats the point of storing anything???
If your truly concerned about a scenario such as that, then the only advice I have, is for you to spend a few days reading this forum (noticed your new) and if your still worried about the goberment taking your supplies then maybe your right and there is no point in preparing yourself
Old 06-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,515 Times in 5,632 Posts

If enough people prep. The government wont even have to consider doing it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:19 PM
aging

Thanked 12,447 Times in 4,086 Posts

Computerized bank records are mandated by law for many reasons, this is one of them. But still, they'd have a hard time proving that I have any more than what's easily found at my house. I have grandchildren, and they eat. That would be the reason I buy large bags of rice and stuff.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 99,835 Times in 32,496 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Would you choose to not store food because a law somewhere says that someone, someday, might come and take it?

That's sort of like not having insurance because you probably won't get to use it anyway.

No thanks. I'll take my chances and store what I need to get by and keep my mouth closed about it. There are way too many people for them to go door to door searching. If they ever were to confiscate anything, it will be from places that they KNOW has food.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Walking methane refinery

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
I can see them going around in cities doing that. In the country it would not turn out well.
It's actually more likely to be the other way around. They already itemize what is being grown on farms and such so they know who has what. Part of the plan is for confiscation of crops and animals for distribution, assumable to the cities. They just have to keep those cities full of voters alive!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,129 Times in 295 Posts

(Putting on tin foil hat)

They could easily find out who we are and where we live by hacking into this website and getting our ip addresses, couldn't they?

Somehow, I doubt they will try to take our stuff. It's not like we're causing them trouble or anything. But it wouldn't hurt to keep some things quiet about our preps -- maybe especially from this board.

I would still much rather have my preps and take the chance that they will try to confiscate them.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michiganmom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,112 Times in 2,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
It's actually more likely to be the other way around. They already itemize what is being grown on farms and such so they know who has what. Part of the plan is for confiscation of crops and animals for distribution, assumable to the cities. They just have to keep those cities full of voters alive!
Thats probly true. I was looking at a personal level not a producing farm level.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Bob For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,515 Times in 5,632 Posts

I would see the funny side in having to grow carrots like people grow cannabis
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 57,753 Times in 17,463 Posts

Just considering the logistics involved to confiscate our stored rice and beans and canned goods seems highly unlikely by government agencies. We have some 320 million people and some 70 million households. Just imagine the personel it would take to just cover 1%.

In a shtf situation, the largest threats would be the local raiders that will consist of starving, weakened, poorly armed desperate people looking for a meal. (IMO)

Last edited by OhioMan; 06-20-2011 at 01:22 PM..
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:01 PM
The end is,,,,,

Thanked 9,095 Times in 3,857 Posts

They got enough for themselves to sit back and let us starve or kill each other.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cleatis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,452 Times in 1,669 Posts

i'd love to see documentation on that statement regarding the so called law about confiscating guns in times of trouble. The laws about hoarding are often mis represented/ mis interpreted. They pertain to food producing companies and facilites and to people hoarding supplies using government food stamps back during the depression when everything was rationed. If you had more food stamps say because you traded for guns or something, and you were found to have used tickets to purchase more than your allowed 2 lbs of butter per month (just for example) you could be in trouble. The widely quoted example found in search engines discusses the case of a navy doctor who took food stamps and rationed foods in exchange for his services and therefore had stockpiles of rationed food obtained illegally. The Government actually encouraged people to stock their own food and can what they had grown, etc.
and people who had stocks of food because they lived on a farm and could grow their own were not punished because they had more than those who lived in the city and could not find any due to scarcity. There have been some in depth discussions on this board since I joined it, regards this topic. I'll see if I can post some links here for further reading. ( keeping on keeping on here at home...)

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...=145750&page=2

Last edited by methemom; 06-20-2011 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: add links
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to methemom For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Walking methane refinery

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by methemom View Post
i'd love to see documentation on that statement regarding the so called law about confiscating guns in times of trouble.
Look up presidential executive orders. It's definately there and has been for some time. They can also "confiscate" people and put them to work doing whatever they need them for, without pay. They can confiscate any resources such as food, fuel, vehicles, animals, etc. It's all on paper. But implementing it is another story.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 57,753 Times in 17,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
They got enough for themselves to sit back and let us starve or kill each other.
Exactly!

Many have fears about gobberment actions that really don't make much sense or at the very least have any reasonable conclusions, such as building massive prison camps for millions for no apparent gain. If government is those 435 members of congress and those 100 senators, I thinks it's a safe bet they will be interested in saving their own rears.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Left the building

Thanked 25,224 Times in 8,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by methemom View Post
i'd love to see documentation on that statement regarding the so called law about confiscating guns in times of trouble. The laws about hoarding are often mis represented/ mis interpreted. They pertain to food producing companies and facilites and to people hoarding supplies using government food stamps back during the depression when everything was rationed. If you had more food stamps say because you traded for guns or something, and you were found to have used tickets to purchase more than your allowed 2 lbs of butter per month (just for example) you could be in trouble. The widely quoted example found in search engines discusses the case of a navy doctor who took food stamps and rationed foods in exchange for his services and therefore had stockpiles of rationed food obtained illegally. The Government actually encouraged people to stock their own food and can what they had grown, etc.
and people who had stocks of food because they lived on a farm and could grow their own were not punished because they had more than those who lived in the city and could not find any due to scarcity. There have been some in depth discussions on this board since I joined it, regards this topic. I'll see if I can post some links here for further reading. ( keeping on keeping on here at home...)
Try here mom...
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...megafile34.htm
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TxHills For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote:
OPSEC sir. If they don't know you have it, they can't confiscate it. If they do know you have it but don't know where it's located they can't confiscate it.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,050 Posts

I believe the boys in DC studied the situation...They decided beans and rice wasn't to their taste... There now buying millions(WITH OUR MONEY) in quality/tasty freeze-dried & dehydrated from Mountain House n others, which will be safely stored in the Congressional Bunker for safe keeping.
The Following User Says Thank You to Swampwood For This Useful Post: