Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 06-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Recent Blog:
Survivor

Thanked 1,274 Times in 748 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
My ex was and probably still is an addict, while I was with her she hid it as a sickness that she made up. The mood swings that come with it are absolutely unbelievable. I finally woke up to the missing money and other stuff and left her, 3 weeks later I got a message from her, I went back but only for 3 days, I just couldn't take it and nothing had changed, has been a while now and I still think about her every day
I have learned druggies are useless 99.9% of the time.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Reality check....put down the remote control - Zombies are fiction - Meth addicts are living people with souls. Lord knows if I wanted to I could open my front door right now and with one shotgun blast hit several tweakers. Thats called first degree murder.

Not going to disagree that they can sometimes be confused with the walking dead. Meth is a huge problem where I live. Last meth fire was saturday night one block away. Now that lab is down, people with no transport who live here and were buying there, are going to add to our already high crime rate. Post SHTF, will be a wakeup call for some of them, the rest will quickly get themsleves killed in any variety of stupid ways. One way would be to try and enter my home, THEN I protect myself. Otherwise to each his own.
Zombies that I'm talking about are real . People who unprepared who will show at my door and your's look for food and water because they never think anything bad will happen . See Zombies are real meth heads are just a different kind . I have a feeling we will a see lot Zombies in the up coming years. best wishs

Last edited by kc177; 06-16-2011 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: word
Old 06-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,438 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbummer View Post
I don't know what part of NC you are in, BUT I recently moved from the coast to the mountains. The area I live in AKA Crazy City ( cause of the mental hospital) is the meth capital of that state I think. Meth heads are everywhere up here and the news is constantly showing meth labs being busted here.
Well, then I'm glad you're awake and aware. Good to know what's happening around you, and it sounds like the good guys are fighting back.

I'm not real sure what the statistics are in the Fayetteville area. There are some gangs in the city itself, and there are the usual No-Go trailer parks and establishments of ill repute, but there are a lot of armed, healthy young men doing unorthodox training in the woods around Bragg on a regular basis. Tons of mid to low-level air traffic, as well. Not much chance of keeping a woods lab secret or productive.

We're left alone for the same reasons kc177 mentioned: Dogs, lights, gate / fence, shooters, etc. Location helps a bit, too, I think. Not many people outside of our immediate area know we're here, and we all watch out for each other when strangers show up at odd times.

Funny thing about meth labs, though: they tend to burn down with alarming regulaity. That goes back to what I was saying - their existence is fundamentally flawed, and doomed to failure. People who fry their brains for fun playing with chemistry sets, electronics, and stolen weapons? That'll work out well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Griff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Stay Alert, Stay Alive

Thanked 5,625 Times in 1,802 Posts

An addict is an addict. Once the ingredients for meth dry up, they`ll just find somthing else to fry their brains with. The way you know their is meth in your area is watch for the surge in thefts. And like a previous post said, they come out at night. They will steal the A/C unit right off the side of your house! Cut the lines and straight to the scrap yard.

They also like to strip out any vacant homes, which we have plenty of around here. I mean everything! Copper plumbing, electrical wiring & fixtures, aluminum siding. There are more than a few trailers around here that have been totally "skinned" of their siding!
Guess they love that scrap metal cause its cash and no questions where you got it. And anytime you hear a house burned you think, yeah, they were cookin. Sad
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to usmc0331 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Blue in a Red state

Thanked 21,927 Times in 7,580 Posts

The tweakers around here have already found their next high, I guess they do it when there is no meth. They call it robotrippng. They tie a rag around the neck of the robotussin bottle and can actually spin out the stuff they need, they skim this off and mix it with alcohol. We got the shake n bake labs too. Favorite place to do this seems to be the mall parking lot between 2 cars. Cops find several every day. Anyone know about koolaid (as it applies to drugs)? Low quality heroin mixed with sugar sold in straws stapled shut at both ends. We are starting to see a lot of that now here too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,438 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Reality check....put down the remote control - Zombies are fiction - Meth addicts are living people with souls. Lord knows if I wanted to I could open my front door right now and with one shotgun blast hit several tweakers. Thats called first degree murder.

Not going to disagree that they can sometimes be confused with the walking dead. Meth is a huge problem where I live. Last meth fire was saturday night one block away. Now that lab is down, people with no transport who live here and were buying there, are going to add to our already high crime rate. Post SHTF, will be a wakeup call for some of them, the rest will quickly get themsleves killed in any variety of stupid ways. One way would be to try and enter my home, THEN I protect myself. Otherwise to each his own.
I'm sure your heart is in the right place, and will stay there, until one or nine of those unfortunate people decides to steal your stuff and hurt or kill your family in the process. Hope you don't have to learn the hard way, though. As for the souls thing? Gone. They sold it for a quick fix, by choice, a long time ago. Redemption ain't gonna happen in this lifetime. Take care of yourself.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Never compromise.

Thanked 11,449 Times in 3,531 Posts

Quote:
Meth addicts are living people with souls. Only by the most broad of definitions. When you face down one who put a rifle to his sleeping brother in law's head and killed him....repeatedly beat, raped and sodomized his estranged wife...and you wrestle him to the ground when he's naked screaming "I WANT MY PIPE!" with his victim's blood still dripping off of him...you'll change your opinion.

Lord knows if I wanted to I could open my front door right now and with one shotgun blast hit several tweakers. Thats called first degree murder.
Unfortunately, by the law's standards....you are right. Otherwise I say it would be a good start.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,095 Times in 759 Posts

I have seen people especially women go from gorgeous to hag is 6 months. I do not believe there is anything more destructive than meth. I have always said that cooks should be considered terrorists and if you have ever seen someone fight with this addiction; you would consider the death penalty for cooks and dealers.
The Following User Says Thank You to klickitat For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Fine ham ABOUNDS!!!!!!!!

Thanked 36,186 Times in 12,262 Posts

Quote:
The tweakers around here have already found their next high, I guess they do it when there is no meth. They call it robotrippng. They tie a rag around the neck of the robotussin bottle and can actually spin out the stuff they need, they skim this off and mix it with alcohol. We got the shake n bake labs too. Favorite place to do this seems to be the mall parking lot between 2 cars. Cops find several every day. Anyone know about koolaid (as it applies to drugs)? Low quality heroin mixed with sugar sold in straws stapled shut at both ends. We are starting to see a lot of that now here too.
WOW!!!! I thought I knew everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,027 Times in 440 Posts

One thing I am very much looking forward too post-shtf is the demise of millions of hard core drug addicts - one way or another.
The Following User Says Thank You to boy george fan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Over here !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEPOE View Post
Kind of curious here - did you try to help here? Doesn't seem like it from reading the post.
Spend a good 6 months trying to help her, I moved her to another house because she said that she couldn't leave it behind staying at the same place, replaced a fair amount of her furniture because it was just disgusting, but you can't help some one when they don't want it (although she said she did) but it seemed every time she decided she wanted a fix I was kicked back to the gutter. Not wanted or needed, then she would come down and Id get a message that she was sorry and before I would get there she was dialing again and I was useless to her again. It got to the point that it was affecting my work and my health. I found myself driving along trying to decide which power pole I should ram the car into when I decided that just isn't the way. I sent her a message and told her if she didn't want me around to say so, she did and I'm still missing her. But I know that I have to move on
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scruffy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 PM
M1A All the Way

The Following User Says Thank You to 8632234 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,665 Times in 792 Posts

I live in cali, some parts of my city I see a clear meth problem, I keep my hand on my knife and 40% of my weight on my left foot whenever any of them approach me with a song and dance.

Usually gaunt, thin, a dead cold stare. And a prefabricated story of woe.

I always feel bad afterwords but I know they will do anything for a fix. Thus why I carry no cash in my wallet. I carry a cheap money clip that's inside a small leather pouch attached to my belt.

I usually carry two knifes when I go out to areas like that. A cheap shiny ka bar folder on my left side.(I'm right handed) and one of my nice black fixed blades on my belt or a folder in my right pocket.

Ive trained myself to stop petting/ checking my knives when cops are near its an odd mammalian thing.

I keep my left side facing them as they talk to me I expand my focus and wait for them to finish. I can honestly say " I have no cash in my wallet and all I have is my debit card" and seeing as I'm a terrible liar it's always true.

Watch your six around zombies
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to determu For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Warrior of the wasteland.

on the upside.. once the meth-zombie's supply runs out in a SHTF scenario
they'll be sleeping for days then wake up weak/dehydrated and depressed.. very easy to take out in that state.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:42 AM
VIP Member

Scruffy- I'm sorry you lost your wife to meth. DH's mom is addicted to meth and it's sad that she can't be a grandmother to our kids (one reason we haven't made an effort to go to the states for a visit). Meth just becomes their #1 and everything else sort of becomes a sideline.

Meth is the one reason we won't consider making Oregon our permanent home (hippies too!). :P It seems like there is just too many issues with it there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ranchgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:44 AM
cond yellow but watchin U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newwavenightmare View Post
on the upside.. once the meth-zombie's supply runs out in a SHTF scenario
they'll be sleeping for days then wake up weak/dehydrated and depressed.. very easy to take out in that state.

Sadly, this is a time-limited problem from the beginning. They won't be a threat for too long
The Following User Says Thank You to azsunset For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 05:39 AM
Recent Blog:
Survivor

Thanked 1,274 Times in 748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8632234 View Post

Thats why i don't use drugs.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:48 AM
Hunter

google "meth mouth" , then hit photo`s. Dont do this BEFORE dinner!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meth_mouth
The Following User Says Thank You to Gullars For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Pull up your Dora panties

Thanked 16,314 Times in 4,434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickdog View Post
It doesnt really take a full lab to make meth anymore, lots of people are making it with store bought products you can mix in a couple of two liter soda bottles. Ive heard of people mixing it out of the trunk of their car, shake and bake. Doesnt really give the athorities any room to hunt them down as its over and done and their gone.

Ed
this is a myth, what happens are the cooks split up the process and only preform one step at a time and pass the next step on to a different person to do in a different local. this is even more dangerous, but less risky at being caught. as far as truck of a car... ive seen portable labs in back packs, labs in small conversion vans, hotels and motels. hot plates in camp grounds, you name it. as long as there is profit there will be cooks. the real danger comes from the cooks who dont know what they are doing, and are users them selves, those are the ones who blow themselves up.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Pollution1086 View Post
I used to deal with these people on a regular basis. I worked at a 50's style burger diner that served soft serve, I started a theory that they can live entirely on $.99 ice cream cones.

These people aren't all bad, and can be reformed if they are willing. Ive worked with former Tweakers and Twacks that were good, honest hardworking people.

The ones who quit after IT may have a valuable place, tweakers tend to know a lot of little tricks, the ones who are still chained to their drug will make excellent slave labor to whoever has an extra "hit" for them.

T
What is a Twack?